Message Boards

Topic : 06/10 Deadly Kids

Number of Replies: 247
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 12, 2007, 02:54:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/18/07) What if you feared your own child? Dr. Phil's guests say they worry that one day they may die at the hands of their offspring. Steven and Tori say Steven's 9-year-old son, Donovan, poisoned his siblings and then laced Tori's drink with aquarium cleaner. They say he laughed after his family members went to the hospital and has not shown remorse for his sinister acts. He's now in a treatment facility, but should Tori and Steven allow him back into their home once he's released? Then, Susie narrowly escaped death after her stepson tried to brutally kill her with a gun and then a knife. He's now behind bars, so why does she fear he will try to finish the job? And, Carrie and Lance fear their son, Michael, will be the next shocking murder headline. They say he threatened to cut his teacher's eyes out with a knife and kill his younger sister. When Michael becomes enraged, Carrie locks herself in the bedroom for fear of what he might do. Find out what Dr. Phil cameras caught on tape while at Carrie and Lance's house. And, why do the parents feel their son's behavior is influencing their daughter? What does Dr. Phil think is at the root of Michael's rage? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 18, 2007, 10:59 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Deadly Doctor Kids Phil. Deadly Kids? Are you kidding me? Come on Doctor Phil we all know what kids can do..See you on Friday Oober 19th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------

October 18, 2007, 12:21 pm CDT

i feel so bad

when i heard that family say that the absent parent telling him that god will bring him back  togather reminds me when of my ex telling my 14 year old the same if she acts out but she  is not violent she is just a bit unruly we can pass judgment on the families  but we cant know until we live there lives.

October 18, 2007, 12:35 pm CDT

10/18 Deadly Kids

I have nothing but sympathy for these families and what they are going through. If these kids are still a danger, they should be kept away. However, these are children. They cannot yet be held entirely responsible for their behavior, It's the parents' responsibility to teach them empathy and maturity. I don't know these people and I don't want to judge them. But it felt like the parents aren't interested in trying to help their kids; they just want to either keep them away, or hope they somehow "fix" themselves.

October 18, 2007, 12:44 pm CDT

Be Afraid

I'm watching this show on deadly kids and I gotta tell you 'Been there done that.'  That step mom has every right to be afraid...very afraid.. I know I've been through it.

my own brother tried to kill me twice... One time he stabbed me in the chest as we were sitting on the couch reading the Christmas wish book, picking out gifts that we would like to have.  He had the knife hidden behind his back...Luckilly the knife broke at the hilt and I was just left with a fairly superficial chest wound that left a small scar to this day.

about a year later I had a girlfriend spending the night with me...we were camped out in the livingroom.  He stabbed me in the head as I slept...He stabbed repeatedly....again the knife broke and between  my girlfriend and I we were able to fight him off and lock ourselves into my mothers bedroom and call for help..we were bruised and bloody but okay........I survived again.

He had to go for counceling at that time......After a few months they said he knew how to handel his anger and deemed him all better to come home.

Being the eldest I moved out  first.....  That left him and our mother and our sister in the house........

Within a year of my moving out he murdered our 14 year baby sister..  He beat her to death with rocks and threw her body in an old well....he was 19 at the time..... she was missing..  After a day he admitted to police what he had done and they found her body.........

This was in 1980.....27 years later my heart still aches.  My family was utterly and  completely shattered for years...

Oh life is good now...I don't really dwell on it....but its taken years of therapy and prayer...

But Please encourage these folks to be on thier utmost guard........and try to find alternate housing for that child and love him and be a family to him from a distance.....If children are born with a murderers heart..

I don't know if they really do ever "get better"..............Even if they act it for a while...............

October 18, 2007, 12:46 pm CDT

Unbelievable...

Wow, either that child has some mental issues or maybe it's a

member of the family that has driven him to insanity.   Either way, it's

obviousilly not normal.  That would be REALLY frightening if my child

attempted to kill me...  For now, I suggest for the parents to stay away

from the child and get him/her some help.  I'll watch the show tonight to find out!

October 18, 2007, 12:50 pm CDT

Deadly Kids

The little boy who caused his sister to have stitches in her head shows very classic signs of bipolar disorder.  If they don' t get him help now it is only going to get worse.  I hope that he will be checked into a behavioral facility and gotten the help that he needs. God bless this family.

October 18, 2007, 12:54 pm CDT

Deadly kids

I wanted to send a message to offer a suggestion.  I work with a Natropathy physician.  He is a physician that focuses on natural medicine.  From what I have experienced working with him is their are some people that have metabolic issues, lack of certain vitamins, etc. that can cause some severe emotional issues.  I would suggest looking into this on these parents behalf.  I sincerely believe we should not rule this out.  I have a friend that would go into a mood where she did not recognize her husband.  She thought he was going to kill her and she was sincerely frighted.  After taking her to many, many physicians they found out she had a deficiency of vitamin A, another deficiency that I cannot remember and she also had aspartame poisoning.  She has stopped drinking a certain  diet soda and she is taking supplements and slowly she is getting better.  Please for the sake of these family's please look into this as a possibility.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to voice my concerns. coop17@insightbb.com

October 18, 2007, 12:57 pm CDT

Why are the parents not being held accountable

Dr Phil,

Not that in all cases the parents are responsible, but come on.  We need to see a show on what bad parenting does to children who are susceptible to personality disorders. 

October 18, 2007, 1:00 pm CDT

To the mother

Do not let him back into your home. He is a danger to you and your other children and possibly others. Period. If you must try and get him help in a mental facility.

And is it me but the father doesnt look or sound too concerned about his son killing his wife......

October 18, 2007, 1:11 pm CDT

10/18 Deadly Kids

Quote From: tinkerbell1213

Art therapy and intense therapy I'd think so...but NO way would I let this a child with rage issues have a pet, nor take care of a pet.  They have no empathy for one thing and to subject an innocent animal to this would be wrong. I would fear for the animal's safety and/or life.  These children, unfortunately need to get their own selves under control before they can be around ANY pets.

I agree with this. Art therapy might help. NOT pet therapy. They'll probably try to torment or poison the pet for attention next.

What they need is some kind of purpose. Something that they enjoy, feel worth and keeps them focused. They need to channel their intense emotional and physical energy into something valuable. Figure out what interests them, keep the atmosphere calm and relaxed. It doesn't help when they are feeding off the energy that surrounds them. If it's too calm and boring, they'll go nuts. Find a balance. Eat healthy, plenty of exercise. Get them out doing plenty of activity, mental challenges as well as physical. Try tennis, enrole them on a tennis course. Get them involved in sports. Find out what they are good at.

If there's nothing they are good at and you are at a loss, then send them to boot camp.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last