Message Boards

Topic : 06/12 Teacher Sex Scandal, Part 1

Number of Replies: 352
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 26, 2007, 03:01:39 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/01/07) Dr. Phil explores a disturbing trend: Female teachers engaging in sex acts with their underage male students. The number of accusations has doubled in the past five years. You've probably heard of famous cases like Mary Kay Letourneau, and Debra LaFave and the recent case of a teacher in Southern California, Meredith Johnson Vincent, who was arrested on suspicion of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy. Dr. Phil meets one teacher who has chosen to fight back. Joelle Ogletree was a respected high school French teacher until she was accused of sexual misconduct by three of her students. Find out what goes through a mother's head as she faces 160 years in prison. Plus, the Dr. Phil show speaks with one of the boys who says the sexual improprieties absolutely did happen and claims he passed a polygraph examination. When he agrees to take another test for Dr. Phil, what do his answers reveal? Joelle has been banned from even volunteering at her daughter's school because of the accusations. Should she be allowed back in the classroom? Watch and decide: Do you believe her ... or her students? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 27, 2007, 11:01 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor One Part Phil Scandel Sex Teacher. I have heard of Pet Teacher but never in my life I ever heard of--

Scandal Sex Teacher while I was in school years ago. See you on Friday November 02nd, 2007. Sincerley

Your.Russell  Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 27, 2007, 12:00 pm CDT

Oh, come on now!

There might be the odd truly innocent teenage boy in this part of the world, but because of TV and movies, MOST teenage boys are DYING to have sex sex sex, and they would LOVE it if a beautiful experienced woman wanted to teach them the ropes.  They love it!  They want it!  They only start crying about it when their Mom finds out and tells them that they must act all traumatized about it so they can get some money by suing the school or the teacher.  There isn't one normal healthy teenage boy who will be permanently traumatized by a lovely older woman teaching him how to be a man.  They want it!  They all want sex, and they know it's better with an experienced older woman.  (Rather than trying to beg their little 14-year-old girl friends to do it.) They aren't traumatized in any way, they want MORE, and they want to tell all their friends about it.  It's the greatest thing in their lives, until Mom steps in and ruins it.  I agree that teachers shouldn't take advantage of innocent kids who don't want it -- but MOST teenage boys would LOVE to have it!  the more the better!!  Do you remember that episode in the show Soap, where Billy Tate's teacher seduces him?  It's a mutual attraction, and the next morning Billy cannot shut up about it.  He says it's like discovering America, he's so thrilled, he can't imagine why everybody doesn't have sex all the time.  He says it's the greatest thing ever in the universe.  I believe that MOST teenage boys feel this way!  They love and want sex all the time -- who better to give it to them than a lovely older woman.  They aren't traumatized by it, they LOVE it and want more.  Their Moms may be traumatized about it, but the boys sure aren't!  Come on! 

October 27, 2007, 2:23 pm CDT

This has been happening for many years..

with male teachers taking advantage of both female and male students. The focus now is on catching the female teachers, instead of stopping ANY teacher. If the teacher is  'too pretty to be in jail' as the law decided  in the case of the blonde Fla. teacher , it just contiues.

It isn't just the female teachers, WAKE UP AMERICA!

October 27, 2007, 3:28 pm CDT

Shame on teachers

I live in San Diego County, and there  have been  quite a few cases here.  At Helix  High School in La Mesa, there have been  two in  the last year .  One was a man teacher, and the latest was a woman.  I am not sure that case has even gone to trial yet.  When the news broke in the newspaper, they said that many of the students knew what was going on.

It is too bad that these teachers can't hold themselves to higher standards.  There may be many precosious and love starved teenagers in high school these days, but for a teacher to risk his/her profession, and the rest of their lives with the title of sex offender, they just be crazy to go for it.

October 27, 2007, 3:35 pm CDT

Gross

I just think it is sick to think of being attracted to an underage child.  I have a sixteen year old child and I am 37 and could not imagine being interested in someone my son's age or younger.  I think they need to find someone more around their age and definately not someone under the age of 18.

October 27, 2007, 3:42 pm CDT

WA State Prime LEADER in this!

If you need proof, read that every year here in WA State down in the Vancouver area, at least one - five teachers are busted for this... I think it's in the darn water! So yeah it's a known fact here in WA State to see that teachers can't control themselves.

October 27, 2007, 5:09 pm CDT

All teachers aren't sex monsters

Wny younger and I mean younger boys?  If you're not satisfied with your man go to someone at least close to your own age.  There is a major problem here.

October 27, 2007, 11:24 pm CDT

11/01 Teacher Sex Scandal, Pt. 1

A teacher / student  (regardless of whether it's a male OR female teacher)  relationship - sexual or otherwise, outside the classroom should definitely be off limits!!   But 160 years of prison time for punishment  is ridiculous!  That's what murderers would face.    Unbelievable what our world has come to.  Ridiculous behavior, ridiculous laws, ridiculous punishments (Or lack of punishment when it's needed.)       

October 28, 2007, 2:43 am CDT

Jail Her!!!!

There is no excuse for having any type of relationship with a student. Teachers are teachers of school work. Sex Education is for the parents to teach, and you so not ever engage in it with a minor child for any reason. Sick Sick people, and I think this would not have happen if the first case had been treated with very harsh puinshment like they do with men. These women need their rights as parents totally and forever removed from them. They should never be allowed near anything younger than 21 years old, PERIOD.

October 28, 2007, 7:51 am CDT

double standard

if anyone thinks its ok for a teacher to have sex with a child in school

THEN I GUESS YOUR SAYING ITS OK WITH THE PRIESTS DOING THIS ALSO

whats the difference here they both or teachers of our children

when a teacher over steps any lines in a child life you can bet later on in there lifes it will show up

either in distrust,learning to hide,cover up parts of there lifes

isnt this what they do when this is going on

lieing,covering up,oh mom cant know right,so his family values all gone here also

its ok for a women teacher,shes learing the boy how to be man

but  a man teacher                      its called  rape

double standards

BUT THEN HOW WOULD YOU FEEL TODAY

IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last