Message Boards

Topic : 06/13 Teacher Sex Scandal, Part 2

Number of Replies: 2643
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 26, 2007, 03:02:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/02/07) Dr. Phil continues his look at a teacher sex scandal that has a school and families divided in a small town in Texas. High school teacher Joelle Ogletree faces accusations of sexual misconduct with some of her male students. Joelle claims she's completely innocent but reluctantly agrees to face Matt, one of her accusers, in person. When Dr. Phil drills down into the details of the case, it's her word against his. Matt maintains that when Joelle was his high school French teacher, she came on to him. He says that as a student he received sexually explicit notes from her, but that the notes were written in code. See the encrypted messages and judge for yourself: Are they provocative or harmless? Then hear how Joelle and Matt interpret them. Plus, Matt agreed to take a polygraph test and have the results reviewed by an independent examiner. Find out what the test reveals and how Matt reacts when he hears them read aloud, as he sits face to face with Joelle. Hear both sides of this gripping sex scandal from the accuser and the accused, and judge for yourself if justice has been served. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 7, 2008, 8:17 pm CST

How far behind is the uk lol!!!!!!!!

Hey all,

We must be like a year behind in the uk,as i've only just seen the teacher....not right!!!! sex scandal. What a joke lol and my term not right,is in ref to those sad little boys actually believing that that really intelligent,hot teacher would actualy even contemplate putting her carrer on the line for those Brad Pitt looalikes LOL!!!!!!!!.

Seriously you have to be kidding me,I like it when the doc said isn't it really you and your friends fantasizing about your teacher...........Duh yeah. Anyways i hope she ends up ok and gets her life back on track,and i'm sure she's well with in her rights to sue for slander. But i could be wrong.

Great shows Dr Phil...Have a great thanksgiving,christmas and new year everyone.

Jonny

December 31, 2008, 10:07 am CST

on the edge

Just watched this show on Dutch television. Mixed feelings over here. The balance weighs over to the teacher on her behalf. But somehow I have the feeling not everything has been said.

Never the less.. even if this teacher gets rehabilitated, if she wants to have a somewhat normal life back then the best she can do is to move with her family and start new somewhere else.

The harm already has been done. Either way. And because this has gone national, sorry, international, I am afraid that the teacher and also the students will be confronted with this for several years, maybe a decade will not be enough.

June 27, 2009, 5:56 am CDT

things

This show has only just been aired in the UK.My view is that the pupil 'Matt' was lying from beginning to end - all the tell signs were there to be noticed-eye movements,body movements,hand movements,voicee changes etc.I would also hazard a guess  he had been coached for the whole event.It would be interesting to know what happened with the court case.

First | Prev | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | Next Page | Last Page