Message Boards

Topic : 11/26 Katherine Returns

Number of Replies: 521
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:03:36 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with a family terrified for the safety of their loved one, Katherine, a young woman who flew to the Middle East to be with Abdullah, whom she met online. When she last spoke with Dr. Phil, Katherine promised that she would return to the United States within two days, but immediately after the show, she changed her mind. Find out what happened during two failed attempts to get Katherine home, and what finally got her on a plane. Then, Katherine’s mother, Shawn, and sister, Mary, say they were overwhelmingly relieved to have her back safe, so why didn’t they greet her at the airport? Katherine joins her family onstage and offers her tearful apologies. After hearing how her actions have affected her family and Dr. Phil’s staff, will Katherine go back to Abdullah, or will she have a change of heart? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 21, 2007, 7:05 am CST

Don't allow Abdullah into the USA:

Dr. Phil,

I think it is plain that Abdullah, his father and family were involved in beating a U.S. Citizen...  My question is why does our Government knowing this would ever allow Abdullah and/or his father back into this Country.  They should now be put on the list and never be allowed back into the United States again.

November 21, 2007, 8:47 am CST

Abdullah Home in the USA

Quote From: terrylee_1949

Dr. Phil,

I think it is plain that Abdullah, his father and family were involved in beating a U.S. Citizen...  My question is why does our Government knowing this would ever allow Abdullah and/or his father back into this Country.  They should now be put on the list and never be allowed back into the United States again.
On your last show Abdullah told you that he own a home in the USA, two years ago but that he Sold it. Has anyone checked to see if this was true or not. This should be on public records shouldn't it?

November 21, 2007, 2:13 pm CST

The good old Goverment

When Katherine was 16 and pulled this stunt the young man's father should of been banned from the United States. If I heard correct his father goes to America 6 months out of the year. Why hasn't he been punished?

As for Katherine she is infuriately a typical female. Many of us females seek love. Many of times in the wrong way and wrong places. Young and old.

Donna

Ont, Canada

November 21, 2007, 2:39 pm CST

ABDULLAH

I THINK THIS ABDULLAH THINKS HE IS SO GREAT BUT HES NOT.WHAT GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO KEEP KATHERINE AWAY FROM HER FAMILY.I WOULD LIKE TO MEET THIS GUY AND SHOW HIM WHAT CANADIANS ARE ALL ABOUT.HE'D MEET HIS MATCH.WHY DIDNT HER FAMILY MEET HER AT THE AIRPORT.IM DYING TO WATCH THIS SHOW.ITS NOT ON YET IN CANADA HERE,BUT I WON'T MISS IT.THIS KID NEEDS TO GET SOME HELP.

November 21, 2007, 8:00 pm CST

can't wait to see this episode

I'm 16 and I am not that stupid I don't see how she could go over there with a boy she didn't know

and it was kind of obvious that something was wrong by the way she was acting to me it seemed like she was kind of scared

and after she called him a bitch, I think she was brainwashed because you would have to be insane to do that

November 21, 2007, 11:24 pm CST

owning a home in the US

On your last show Abdullah told you that he own a home in the USA, two years ago but that he Sold it. Has anyone checked to see if this was true or not. This should be on public records shouldn't it?
In  Australian non- Australian citizens aren't allowed  to own a home outright above a certain price ($150,000 I believe it is), doesn't the US have similar laws if they do his credibility goes out the window instantly.

November 21, 2007, 11:35 pm CST

Im from an Arabic background

I'm from an Arabic background, while I was Born in Australia my parent are Lebanese, and let me tell you an Arab is the last person I would trust, only because I was in a similar situation. I married a man from Lebanon, not long after he got his citizenship we separated and  are now divorced he went on to get married again.  I'm also a Muslim, and rarely do Muslim marry for love, I got married all for the wrong reasons, funny enough a Muslim marriage is statistically better than a non-Muslim marriage.  I haven't seen the show but from what I have read his only in it for a visa to the US. IF she comes back, make sure he doesn't get into the country, save the US government  a headache, and spare her family. I should say that not all Arabs are the same, my brother and sisters married Lebanese men and woman and their marriages are fine. Marrying young is a mistake waiting to happen, especially to someone you don't know, trust me I should know.

November 23, 2007, 4:10 am CST

Canada's & Australian's

I have read the replies from people in Canada & Australia and I have to tell you they make more sense then our Government here in the United States. I'm a Ex Captain in the 173d Army Airborne Rangers and I can't believe that I fought and we still have Service men/women fighting and dying, so that our Government can aloow people like this to come and go to our Country anytime they feel like it.  This is Totally Wrong.... Lets' Learn form our friends from Canada, Australia, etc..... His whole family should never never never get another VISA form our Government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 24, 2007, 12:10 am CST

THe reason not to go

I have been following this story closely as years ago I lost a good friend the same way .

Basically I think this article I will quote from the local paper here says it all .

Mideast   Saudis defend gang rape verdict

Saudi Arabia defended yesterday a courts decison to sentence a woman who was gang raped to 200 lashes of the whip after united states described the verdict as astounding .

The 19 year old Siite woman and an unrelated man companion was abducted and raped by seven men in 2006. Last week the womans sentence was raised to 200 lashes and six months in prison for being alone with an unrelated man.

Obviously the government in those countrys does not protect woman the way they are protected in countries such as the states and canada .

There beliefs are different and there laws are extremely different .

I do understand internet love but I think one has to weigh in cultural differences aswell.

Looking forward to Mondays show .

November 24, 2007, 12:22 am CST

excellant question

Dr. Phil,

Does the government have some form of a list and if not they should start one for people who have proven they live the way of there land and are not willing to change that .

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last