Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 24, 2007, 7:05 am CST

Derren says he's allergic to Ana.

After she has had a good shower to get rid of the cosmetics the itch will be gone.

After all he did not itch while he was training and dancing.  What is the big deal?

November 24, 2007, 9:43 am CST

Weight Problem

Dear Dr.Phil and Robin,  

I have tried for years to loss wight and I have done everything under the sun. Including seeing a diet doctor for a year and never losing a pound. I'm also eating the same food as my diabetic son.I'm the only one who has not lost a pound. In fact I think I have put on a few. I need help and I ride a bike for 30 mins every other day. What can I do? I hate trying so hard and get know where. Can you help me feel better about myself. Lab1012

November 24, 2007, 10:17 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

And Ask Doctor Phil/Robin. Doctor Phil when did you air this before? I donot remember at all. See you-------

next week.  Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 24, 2007, 1:01 pm CST

11/30 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: hpmx59

And Ask Doctor Phil/Robin. Doctor Phil when did you air this before? I donot remember at all. See you-------

next week.  Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This show has not been aired before.  The reason why I know is because I was apart of the audience last month.  This is the first time this show will be aired.

November 24, 2007, 7:47 pm CST

Ask Dr Phil And Robin Day.

Thank you. I'll be watching it on Friday. Robin could you please send me a message? Talk to you soon

From tour friend,

Lisa Duteau..

November 25, 2007, 1:36 pm CST

17 year old's spring break

When my then 16 year old daughter in the 1970's wanted to go to see Pink Floyd in concert, I said no.  I heard all about the awful bands and what they did like eating heads off snakes and they dressed like demons.  I was concerned for her.  However, to this day she reminds me that I kept her from having a dream of a lifetime.  Her boyfriend was supposed to take her in a limo and everything.  I think she hated me for it in her young years and understands now that she has a son.  However, she said Pink Floyd was not like all the other bands.  They didn't do weird things and just played and sang good music (music to her ears).  Maybe I was wrong in not investigating more thoroughly, but I felt it was better to be safe and not even be in a crowd situation as that alone can be dangerous.  I sort of know how she feels except I never had the opportunity to go hear Elvis or now in my old age Alan Jackson.  I'm sure it was harder for her having the opportunity dashed.   Jean Gorney

November 25, 2007, 2:37 pm CST

First off I doubt he's allergic to her, but he could be allergic to her perfume, body lotions, shampoo anything she has on her body, he should get allergy testing done and if they truly are "soul mates" she will accomodate, many things we don't realize affect us until we are exposed to them.  In my area, there is a "No Scents" law that forbids (supposedly) the wearing of perfumes and colognes etc in public buildings such as schools, government buildings hospitals etc.  you know now when a person comes in that has MARINATED in their perfume or aftershave, it sickens me. He really should look into enviromental ilness and allergy testing.

Spring Break, well it depends on what they plan on doing ( yeah, Mom seems to have a pretty good idea of what goes on, that's why she's saying "NO") he's only seventeen.  A friend of mine gave her son her blessing when he was nineteen, well at nineteen she didn't have much say and March on the East Coast of Canada makes Florida look very inviting, anyway, he had a lousy time, highly over rated, but there would be no way she would've let him go at seventeen.  Dad has to realize things are A LOT different now than when he was a kid, and they NEED much more life experience to stay out of trouble, wait and see on this one.

As for Tatoos, my daughter wants to get one, well in January she won't need my consent, so its her body, however I have told her she has to realize that they should be in an area where they are easily covered, and these are permanent (actually its going to be a hoot to see all the wrinkled sagging tattoos that are going to be around in about ten years)..  Some Tattoos are beautiful works of art, some are well not so nice, but employers still balk at them especially in an industry you are working with the public, its the same thing with piercings, personally it dosen't bother me a whole lot as long as they are clean and tasteful, but it does bother many others.  And I know MANY women my age who had the Tattoos done in the eighties, and regret it now.  Anything you do PERMANRNTLY to your body should be considered very SERIOUSLY.

This could be a fun show, actually the ask shows usually are.

November 30, 2007, 6:40 am CST

Dr. Phil, you told the mother of that boy who wanted to go to spring break that she would know if he misbehaved.  I can tell you that is not always so.  I did things that my mother knew about. 

I think he is too young to be involved in that kind of lifestyle, even if it's only for a week.  I think you are wrong to encourage a child to be around that kind of "party". 

November 30, 2007, 7:05 am CST

Remove Tatoo

I would like to recommend that the young lady who wants to be a Xian Writer--rethink having her Tatoo's removed. I understand her reasoning but i think that she is not free yet to make that decision. i am a retired Clergy and a recovering Alcholic-17 years. although i took a long time to work thru the shame and guilt i always new that my story was a window of hope for those who had doubted there was any hope. Dan Facemyer

November 30, 2007, 7:36 am CST

Grammar lesson/Texax Spring Br

You said, "...to Robin and I."...how 'bout "to Robin and ME." You would never say "to I".

I was on So. Padre Is. Spring 2007.  TV news announced there had been seven rapes on the island that week.   Unbelievable behavior.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last