Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Number of Replies: 130
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 13, 2007, 05:11:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Little girls are often the apple of their parents' eye, but what happens when these sweet, innocent daughters grow up to become dangerous young women? Dr. Phil's guests say their daughters are on destructive paths to nowhere. Krista, 22, was a beauty queen who went from wearing a tiara to walking the streets. She will beg, borrow and steal to get money to support her drug habit. She says if she doesn't get help, she will die, but you won't believe what happened after the Dr. Phil cameras left her house! Her mother, Janet, says after two overdoses and four trips to rehab, the family is beginning to lose hope that Krista can be saved. Find out what Dr. Phil tells Krista she must do in order to turn her life around. Then, Beverly and Gil's 26-year-old daughter, Barbara, brutally attacked Gil with a hammer while he slept. Why do they believe Barbara's ex-girlfriend, Corrina, is to blame for the attack? They say Barbara showed no signs of violence before the beating, but did they miss the warnings? Corrina says she has no idea what made Barbara snap, and she wants to clear her name. Barbara's sister and brother weigh in. Why do they also say Corrina is responsible? And, hear what Barbara has to say from behind bars.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2007, 7:13 am CST

Dangerous daughters

Quote From: maryd2k

This is a subject that hits especially close to home.  We have a 19 year old daughter who is on a fast track to the big house.  She refuses to get a job, can't stay in school, and lies as easy as she breathes.  She lives in her granny's basement because she knows gran won't throw her out.  She has been thru counseling, therapy, you name it.  She is a smart young woman who will not take responsibility for herself or her actions.  She married a young GI last year.   She met this man online and knew him for all of 2 days before they eloped.  The famiy did not find out about it until after he left for the war.   I really think she is mentally ill.  I am hoping I can learn something from Dr Phil about how to cope with this mess and not go insane myself.  Thanks for listening.

My daughter is the 28 year old on the message board.   All of your stories go along with the addition.   They can't hold jobs, and they lie all of the time.   I used to call my daughter a pathological liar.   I used to think that my daughter was mentally ill also.   She cried about everything before I even thought she could learn how to be manipulative.    I used to answer to myself in answer to Dr. Phil's question that "I dont get it."  My mind has been a battlefield for 28 years and I am trying now to get a life for myself.   I was consumed with all of her problems.   Her brother was no saint.   He is 24.   I have a whole litany on him.   However, once again, he is my son and I do love him no matter how awful he can be at times.  

December 18, 2007, 8:00 am CST

12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Children mimic what they see.  The mom needs to clean her act up, my gosh she made the drugs available to her daughter! 

December 18, 2007, 8:00 am CST

Dangerous MOMS!

I am a 33 year old daughter in a similar sitution.  My mom was my dealer.  It started innocently.  Depression after childbirth almost crippled me.  Looking back I know I should have gotten real help from a doctor.  While it was happening I didn't realize what was going on.  I had severe anxiety attacks.  It didn't take long to figure out pain meds made it go away.  Mom started getting them for me.  Over time I became addicted to pills,  my mom got addicted to the control it gave her ove me.  Over the years it spiraled out of control.  She was geting 60 percocet, 60 or 90 lorcet, klonopin,  I don't even remember everything.  She would ration them out to me.  Like 12 or 16 percoct  a day.  In thrapy, it was hard,  but I realized she was doing this on purose.  For a whie I would tell myself her intentions were good.  She would say she was getting them for me so I wouldn't get in trouble trying to get them.  All the while I have 2 kids and a husband we were keeping this from.  Once I stole some from my husbands aunt and they fgured out I took them.  He made me go into a Mental Health facility.  I was only there for one or two days because I was in denial then.  It was pretty early in my addiction.  While I was there,  for two days,  my mom went to her dr and got pain meds.  She picked me up from the facility. On the way home,  she asked me to get something out of her purse an when I opened it there was a bottle of percocet on top of everything.  Since I have been clean and in therapy,  I realize that was on purpose.  Of course she gave me some.  She would tell me if clean her house,  give her dog a bath,  etc.  that she would give me some.  If she wouldn't give me as many as I wanted I could offer her money and she would give in.  Believe me I took responsibility for my actions.  I went to inpatient treatmet 2 and a half years ago.  That allowed me to step back and look at the whole situation from the outside.  I realized if I wanted to stay clean I had to cut her out of my life.  I have been clean since.  Its sad but its the best decision I ever made.  She doesn't admit her part in it.  She told my husband she did it because she didn't want me to get in trouble.  Therefore she hasn't changed because,  "you can't change what you don't acknowledge".  I am extremely fortunte to have a husband who truly loves me and wants what is best for me.  I put him through alot.  He never gave up on me even though he probably should have.  Anyway,  todays mom needs to get honest with herself.

December 18, 2007, 8:05 am CST

I would have liked a more in depth look at the daughter who beat her father with a hammer.

To have struck her father with so many blows, doesn't that indicate a serious deep seated anger at the male role model in her life?

Perhaps I missed the part about the father of this child's baby...was she raped and thus ventured into the world of same sex gender relationships?

Would perhaps hypnosis help this young girl to find the whys to the issues she obviously is a holding inside of her?

Perhaps dad's role in the mix, isn't all that innocent as it is being assumed...

I don't believe in hurting anyone...so I am not condoning her harming her father, I just believe that in five years she will be a coming home...you know what I mean?

Being she doesn't recall why she did what she did...could repeat performances be on the next ticket of action for don't you state as well, Dr. Phil, "that which you don't acknowledge, you don't change?"

I love your show Dr. Phil and I love your Robin as well.

Tonie Wallace

December 18, 2007, 8:20 am CST

Beauty is geniunely, only skin deep

I have seen beautiful women that even though on the outside they aren't that exceptional, on the inside they are absolutely, breath taking...

I believe that when we as a society of caring parents, introduce to our children that it isn't what we appear like on the outside that matters the most; it is what we are on the inside and what we do with those up and down movements of life that counts the most.

When we were shown the mother of the former beauty queen...I saw a mother with prescription drugs, wondering why her daughter has such a problem with street drugs?  Are we not also talking about apples and apples?

Accepting that we as parents are our children's role models...and that our children usually copy the role model of the same sex parent...shouldn't parents first be the example of change to help change the program they have created within their own child's role modeling duplication?

I am not a judging her mother.  I just know that within both of my sons...I see a dab of me and lots of dabs of their father and step-father...

Am I wrong in feeling this way Dr. Phil?

December 18, 2007, 8:28 am CST

Living in the Visual World

The other day on one of the news shows, we were shown a news cast about the actress that plays on the show, "Ghost Whispers," who is a size 2.

She was vacationing at the beach and someone wrote in that she needed to lose weight...wow!

I remember being a size 3 when I was in my early 30's and I hate the picture of me then for I look to be way too skinny...and I am 5'4'' and of average height.

I believe that our society again, puts too much emphasis on outer appearances, completely ignoring that without inner beauty, the outer beauty soon tarnishes and shows its real colors...

This former beauty queen, has to decide to change on her own...all the rehab centers in the world, isn't going to help her, until she decides that change is what she is a needing to go on living...I pray she finds herself in the mists of all of her inner demons that won't allow her to quit her destructive life style...

We All Are Blessed

Tonie

December 18, 2007, 8:51 am CST

Like Mother Like Daughter

The Daughter told us that she started abusing alcohol at the age of 14 and drugs there after......One would have to assume that she got the alcohol at first in the home.  Are the mother and father recovering?  It sounds as if the pills that when the daughter first started taking pills they were from her mother and she is still leaving the daughter access to them.  The mother seemed just as or more high than the daughter.  One should be worried that unless that girl moves away after treatment, she will deffinately relapse, seems that her mother is maybe unknowingly the culpret................

December 18, 2007, 9:18 am CST

disease my a**

The worst thing anybody ever told a junkie was that it's a disease!

The last thing you tell a week minded person is that it's not they're fault!!

a disease is something that you can't control, drugs and alcohol you can control especially if you know you are prone to addiction, YOU DON'T USE AND ABUSE.

I am so sick of all this bleeding heart liberal crap.... I wonder if they will ever stop and realize how much damage they have done.

December 18, 2007, 10:43 am CST

Also

I think if the girls' parent are enabling these things then they are just as much at fault as the girls themselves. Parents need to wake up and save their kids before something serious really happens and it's way too late to do anything about it.

December 18, 2007, 11:14 am CST

12/18 Dangerous Daughters

I think if anyone other than Barbara is responsible for her attack on Gil, it isn't so much Corrina as Beverly. Did you hear all those excuses Beverly gave for Barbar's previous violent bahaviors. A friend gave Barbara the ice-pick. Barbara could've killed her brother, by throwing a knife at him, severing his intestine and sending him to the hospital for several days, because he made her mad. So, because Beverly kept making excuses, instead of seeking intervention, Barbara almost killed Gil. And, let's not overlook his role. Maybe he was busy making excuses for her, too.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last