Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Number of Replies: 130
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 13, 2007, 05:11:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Little girls are often the apple of their parents' eye, but what happens when these sweet, innocent daughters grow up to become dangerous young women? Dr. Phil's guests say their daughters are on destructive paths to nowhere. Krista, 22, was a beauty queen who went from wearing a tiara to walking the streets. She will beg, borrow and steal to get money to support her drug habit. She says if she doesn't get help, she will die, but you won't believe what happened after the Dr. Phil cameras left her house! Her mother, Janet, says after two overdoses and four trips to rehab, the family is beginning to lose hope that Krista can be saved. Find out what Dr. Phil tells Krista she must do in order to turn her life around. Then, Beverly and Gil's 26-year-old daughter, Barbara, brutally attacked Gil with a hammer while he slept. Why do they believe Barbara's ex-girlfriend, Corrina, is to blame for the attack? They say Barbara showed no signs of violence before the beating, but did they miss the warnings? Corrina says she has no idea what made Barbara snap, and she wants to clear her name. Barbara's sister and brother weigh in. Why do they also say Corrina is responsible? And, hear what Barbara has to say from behind bars.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2007, 2:23 pm CST

My Post

Quote From: famlefamle

and  all the people players.........You must be the director pointing out everyones mistakes. Instead of  attacking others comments, why don't you just pray for the person to be as perfect  as you are and just write your own comments about the show.  Isn't that what the message board is for?  It  is not to criticize and make fun of others spelling and/or their comments.  I let someone like you keep me from writing on the message boards for awhile because i was afraid ( the other commenter) you were psycho and could find out where I live. but thank goodness,  I find it easier to stick up for someone else than for myself, like the person whose message you attacked.  

If you saw the end of the show you saw that shee is nearing eviction from the center for violating rules. I apologize for my typing as I am no key-board genius and have many things to keep an eye on. There are places thaat would not kick her out. There are places that would keep her until she could prove she was clean and capable of so staying. :-)

December 18, 2007, 2:33 pm CST

"Miss Illinois"

I don't buy a word her or her mom are saying. I think it's all an act! If she were a heroin addict she wouldn't be such a healthy weight, her face would look much older, and her eyes would be sunken in. Her mom is "crying" while no tears come out and Miss Illinois is just doing a poor impression of looking stoned. This family wanted a free trip to L.A.

I think Miss Illinois purposely got arrested just to make the story a little more believeable.

December 18, 2007, 2:53 pm CST

Are you kidding me??

This is my first post EVER,  for any show.  Today's show about the so called beauty queen prompted me to register on this site and post this.  Dr. Phil really disappointed me today.  Putting on his respectable show Kristen and her mom.  Can anyone else see that the mom is obviously on drugs, regaurdless if they are prescribed or not?????  Fake crying and acting the whole show, it looked like she wanted the attention and sympathy from everyone.  it is a good start for Kristen to get FAR away from her!  That was truely pathetic and a disgusting display of being concerned on the moms part.

December 18, 2007, 2:59 pm CST

Barbara

I am absolutey floored at the behavior of the mother! CORRINA SAVED THEIR LIVES! How dare they blame her. The reason Barbara attacked them was because of the mother. Did you hear the lame excuses she kept using for her "precious" little daughter. Barbara is where she belongs, behind bars. The mom needs to be in a straight jacked & rubber room. Corrina should have let Barbara strangle her mother~

December 18, 2007, 3:00 pm CST

Blaming Others

I think Barbara's problem stemmed from lack of discipline her whole life, and her parents always blamed others for the bad deeds Barbara did. I Think Dr. Phil should have let them know that they had a hand it.

I also feel the parents owed the ex-girlfriend a sincere thank-you for possibly saving their lives by pushing Barbara outside and locking the door. I hope they raise their granddaughter different.

December 18, 2007, 3:05 pm CST

Dangerous Daughters..Krista

I just finished watching this episde and wanted to offer encouragement and prayers for Krista and her family.

December 18, 2007, 3:08 pm CST

beauty queens mom

If the mom has been in recovery for 22 years why is she taking calonipin and adderal that is rediculous. Im in recovery and have been for 3 years 2 months and 16 days. If i took an adderal or calonipin i would be off and running just like that mom is. People truly in recover do not take prescribed DEA scedualed meds exept in emergency situations, even then your playing with fire. That mom is an insult to people in recovery, it would be nice if she could go get some help to. i know as a person in recovery i souldnet be taking other peoples inventory but sometimes i just cant help it.   

December 18, 2007, 3:38 pm CST

what a crock

Its hard o believe the mother on this show, she just seemed so phony. 22 years of sobrety and taking all thise pills????? She needs a treatment center for sure. I think her mother really needs help. O sure  the daughter also needs help but tha mother PHONY.....

December 18, 2007, 3:38 pm CST

What came to my mind

Hello, this my first post on this board. I watched today's episode and I couldn't help myself thinking about BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a doctor and I don't wanna diagnosed those two girls but I'm suffering of a BPD and I was wondering if it could be a possible lead. Did Dr.Phil ever talked about BPD on his show?

December 18, 2007, 3:40 pm CST

Parents in Denial

Where's Krista's Father.....no mention of him.  I think Krista's Mother is in major denial & needs help herself it looked like.  I doubt that Krista is going to be successful this time around in rehab....she knows she still has Mom & a home to go to if she doesn't. 

Regarding Barbara's parents.....I think they've been in denial since she was a small child (Daddy's little girl....Daddy's little brat, with mental problems).   And now that she's in prison & they couldn't bail her out of it, they're wanting to blame someone else for their daughter's major problems.  These people were pretty sad.   I suspect they'll have many, many more problems with this daughter.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last