Message Boards

Topic : 01/02 No Kidding New Year's Resolutions

Number of Replies: 129
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, December 17, 2007, 10:08:24 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's that time of year where we all take a long, hard look at our lives to see what's not working for us. Dr. Phil's guests say they desperately need to change unhealthy lifestyles or they might not make it to another year. Jill weighs 375 pounds and says she's afraid she'll die if she doesn't drop 210 pounds. Her friend, Cathi, says Jill is a miserable person, and she needs to stop making daily trips to McDonald's. Will Jill be able to put down the Big Mac and pick up some healthier eating habits? Dr. Phil has a drastic plan that will help her get on the right track. Then, Pam vows to quit smoking in 2008 but claims her husband, Eric, is one of the reasons she can't kick her 22-year addiction. Pam says she can't resist the urge to light up when he does. Will a recently discovered tumor be enough to make Pam kick the butts? And, Nyasha and Simone claim their sister, Victoria, has a toxic personality, and they're giving her an ultimatum: Get your act together or get gone! They say she curses, steals from relatives and starts fist fights with them in front of her kids. What's behind Victoria's bad behavior, and will she be able to change her angry ways before she alienates her family? Share your own New Year's resolutions and join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 29, 2007, 7:55 am CST

Am I Worth more than a Big Mac?

For the young lady who weighs 375, my only question is this:  Do you believe you are worth more than a Big Mac?  Do you LOVE yourself enough to stop driving to a restaurant who is only interested in taking your hard-earned money and has no vested interest in your health.  McDonald's menus is the biggest joke on the planet.

Is it easy?  No.  If it was easy, everyone would be thin.

I feel your pain, but I also have realized that I am worth more than a $3.00 hamburger. I cannot wait to lose the 120 pounds that keeps me from realizing MY DREAMS and MY GOALS.  I began exercising at home with a couple of 5 lb hand weights, walking around the block in the morning after I take my daughter to the bus stop, and doing simple muscle building exercises in the comfort of my own home.  There are no gym memberships in my budget this year.

I know you can do this.  Buy yourself something pretty today; a new dress, a new top, some jewelry, even a purse.  Love yourself enough to become the woman you know you deserve to be.  You are a Child of the Most High God; let Him help you!

With love & Belief,

Gina

December 29, 2007, 10:19 am CST

New Year's Resolution

Hi

I sure like to see this one on Wednesday on quitting smoking, I use to smoke myself and I know how hard it is to quit. So I said to myself that I was just going to quit buying the cigrattes and I have been smoke free for 11 years now and the day that I quite my Husband quite as well and we both feel great  since then I have never had the erge,  which is a good sign . Dr. Phil , we hope that you can help this lady to quite it would be the best thing that ever happened

see you on Wednesday at 4:00

H Wilson

December 29, 2007, 10:31 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Kidding New No Phil Resolution Years. Are you kidding me? I have never smoke in my life and ag-

ain I made never will.  See you on Wednesday Janurary 02nd, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen..

December 29, 2007, 10:36 am CST

Resolutions

I for one am going to be pulling for the woman who wants to lose weight and also for the one that wants to quit smoking because, I for one want to do both of those too, but especially since she found out that she has a tumour, it might just be the push she needs to kick the habit for good.

I wish them both luck, it will be a daily struggle, but it will be so worth it in the end............

December 29, 2007, 12:28 pm CST

01/02 No Kidding New Year's Resolutions

Quote From: hpmx59

Doctor Kidding New No Phil Resolution Years. Are you kidding me? I have never smoke in my life and ag-

ain I made never will.  See you on Wednesday Janurary 02nd, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen..

hi

I glad that you never smoke  which is good since I have quite and my husband quite the same time we have never smoke over 11 years and going on 12 years which is pretty darn good  we both feel good and healthy our house has been smoke free if I have the erge I just put a candy in my mouth .

and I am truely glad that alot of places are smoke free  it makes us breathe easier

Thanks for letting me read your message

I will also be watching the dr. phil show on Jan 2

H Wilson

December 29, 2007, 4:28 pm CST

loosing it

I know what it feels like to gain  above 300lbs. when you loos your breath just tieing your shoe and realy be upseting but do not worrie thing get better if you jsut keep at it. I have been down to 220lbs am now around 240lbs. SO I will always be going up and down on wieght and so will u. But staying aways from fast food will help that. the bigest thing I hate is the loss skin or what guys call love handles I just cant get ride off that. And there will be thing like that for any one losing that much wight but do not use that as a reson to quite..... Andy

December 29, 2007, 6:31 pm CST

Smoke No More

I'm sorry that it has taken something as serious as a health crisis for this woman to realize that she needs to quit smoking.  When are smokers going to realize that this is a dangerous and potentially deadly habit?  I've never smoked.  I used to live with a smoker.  I don't get the whole "smoking thing".  I don't buy into the story that it's an addiction...no, sorry.  I've seen friends who smoke just stop cold turkey so I know that anyone can do it.

I hope this is a wake up call for others.

December 29, 2007, 8:47 pm CST

Happy Holidays

You are very lucky to have Dr. Phil on your side...I wish u happiness and the best of luck.  I have wrote Dr. Phil and other TV host on several occations not getting a response from any producers. You go gal. I will pray for you:)

December 30, 2007, 5:42 am CST

Quit smoking ASAP

I hope that Pam and everyone else smoking meets or experiences a cancer patient and or their care giver. I don't think that until they see the pure devastation of what smoking does will they realize how important it is to stop this harmful habit. Go to a cancer clinic and you will see the true reality (for most) of what is to come if you don't quit. It is a horrible and painful way to die. People say they would die for their family but would they LIVE for them???

December 30, 2007, 8:40 am CST

Quit Smoking!

Quote From: hockeymom4ever

I hope that Pam and everyone else smoking meets or experiences a cancer patient and or their care giver. I don't think that until they see the pure devastation of what smoking does will they realize how important it is to stop this harmful habit. Go to a cancer clinic and you will see the true reality (for most) of what is to come if you don't quit. It is a horrible and painful way to die. People say they would die for their family but would they LIVE for them???
Sometimes even seeing a loved one die from lung cancer isn't sufficient motivation for smokers to quit, and I just cannot understand that!  I'm a lifetime non-smoker who dealt with the death of someone very dear to me 15 months ago whose wife, adult children and other family members continue to smoke.  Because it hurts me and upsets me to see them potentially putting themselves (and me, from second-hand smoke) in the same situation, I've had to greatly restrict the time spent with them.  We all suffer from the lack of companionship, but I cannot bear to watch them kill themselves, and will not allow them to kill me!  So sad!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last