Message Boards

Topic : 01/04 New Year's Resolutions

Number of Replies: 32
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, December 17, 2007, 10:08:59 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
How many resolutions have you made and then broken? Dr. Phil’s guests say they have big changes to make in the New Year, but they’re just not sure how to go about them. Jeni’s resolution is to stop talking so much. She’s lost jobs, promotions and even relationships because she just can’t keep her trap shut. Some of her friends say they haven’t gotten a word in edgewise in seven years! With a hand-held buzzer, Dr. Phil attempts to have a conversation with her. Will his immersion therapy have an affect on Jeni’s jabber-jawing? Next, James hasn’t eaten a vegetable in 19 years. He says he’d like to eat healthier, but he can’t avoid gagging when a green bean gets close to his mouth. Is there hope for the veggie-phobe? Then, meet a woman with a phobia of birds and feathers, and a teen obsessed with a celebrity. Can Dr. Phil help make their resolutions a reality? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 12, 2008, 8:21 am CST

I knew one of those

I just had to share this.

When I was in grad school there was a woman who worked at the college and was also a fellow student.

She talked in class over the teacher so much that we couldn't hear what he was saying. He often looked annoyed but would not correct her. Once she started up you couldn't get a word in. She would ask you a question then move on to the next topic before you could answer.

One day we went on a field trip. The van ride was a long one: more than an hour. She started up and did not take a breath until we got out of the van. She did the same thing on the way back.

No one wanted to be rude so we took it. Some of the others sat in the back on the way to our destination. I was stupid enough to sit next to her. On the way back I was one of those who sat in the back.

Ali

January 17, 2008, 2:40 pm CST

Veggie Phobic

I too am a veggie phobic and have been all my life. When I have a choice between eating vegetables and nothing I go hungry. I did make a resolution this year to start eating veggies but am putting it off because every time I think about it I just start thinking how nasty the taste is going to be and how weird the consistency is going to feel in my mouth.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next Page | Last Page