Message Boards

Topic : 02/29 Follow-Ups

Number of Replies: 222
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 22, 2008, 12:19:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
After six seasons and over 1,000 shows under his belt, Dr. Phil has met many memorable people. Today, he follows up with some of his most-talked-about guests. Rochelle and her husband, John, first met Dr. Phil nine years ago, when she became the poster child for controlling wives. She tracked John's soda intake, told him how to hold utensils and didn't want him to sweat while he slept. You won't believe the new demand Rochelle has for her husband! And, hear her message for all women who criticize her controlling ways. Next, the Dr. Phil staff traveled thousands of miles to the jungles of a third-world country in search of Mollie and Allene, who were taken by their father a year prior. Both girls were returned to their mother. Find out which daughter chose to return to the German Baptist lifestyle with her father and why the other is having a difficult time adjusting to her new way of life. Then, Shawn had earned one million dollars and spent it all. He was in debt almost $750,000 when his fiancée turned him in to Dr. Phil. Did he sell off his prized possessions, and did he and his fiancée finally tie the knot? Plus, 10 years ago, Jo Ann was struggling with the unsolved murder of her 18-year-old daughter. When she met with Dr. Phil during his appearance on Oprah, she revealed her plan to take her life. See how she's doing today and the surprises Dr. Phil has in store for her! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 29, 2008, 12:46 pm CST

John & Rochelle

is a nice looking man.  He don't deserve to be bossed and controlled.  Hell,  if she don't want him, bet there is a lot of women out here that would.  And no, bet they wouldn' t insist he get botox.

Hope someone takes her up on that offer she made today.   I would but am too old.

Jan

February 29, 2008, 12:49 pm CST

unbelievable

I must have missed the part on the show talking about what Rochelle has been diagnosed with. If it was just a controlling issue then she needs to get a dog and leave her poor husband alone. But then again he has got to stand up for himself. She humiliates him and he just takes it, that's why I thought maybe she had a mental disability and he felt sorry for her and wants to help her. He should hope someone takes her up on her offer of giving him to someone else. That would probably be the best thing for him. I have never seen someone as cruel and ridiculous as Rochele. I never write messages on a TV show website but Rochele just made me sick. If she is mentally disturbed then he should stay with her and continue to fish and have fun but if that's just her and she doesn't need therapy or meds then he should fake a boating accident and float very far away from her.

February 29, 2008, 12:53 pm CST

That guy Shawn!

He's too funny!

LOL

poor guy

somebody write to him!

February 29, 2008, 12:53 pm CST

02/29 Follow-Ups

Quote From: beebeejean

so it's YEARS later, and John is still there.  I like Rochelle. and I think she is exaggerated for tv.  John obviously loves her, too.  so chill, people.  do you REALLY think he'd stay in the marriage if things were THAT bad.......paleeeeese. 

Just because he's still there doesn't mean things got better.   It wasn't John who had originally brought Rochelle to Oprah it was John but really her sisters & her mother. 

Rochelle was brought up in an abusive home with her father being the controlling *narcissist* & Rochelle had decided she would "never" allow a man to treat her like her father treated her mother.  See when you're brought up in abuse you don't know *any other way* & so you either become the abuser or are the abused*  They don't know any other way!!!!!!!!! 

When people "stay for the kids" this is what they're getting from it "this is life". 

No mistake about it Rochelle is & was the abuser & no she's not exaggerate for tv.  She WAS more tame now than years ago. 

February 29, 2008, 1:03 pm CST

02/29 Follow-Ups

Quote From: longbowz

Why is Dr Phil so afraid of this woman ?? Is is quick to jump on any other guest but shys away from her.
Good question but you know if her husband isn't willing or ready to leave her he could just be making life worse for him by reeming her a new one. 

February 29, 2008, 1:11 pm CST

I cried...

I love watching these follow-up show. :) There were a couple of things running through my mind as I watched:

With Rochelle, the woman is a twit and I do not undertand why her husband stays with her. She thinks he looks bad, or old or in need of botox - has she looked in the mirror lately?  I wish this man would just wake up and leave her behind to find someone who loves him for him and not for the amount of chores he can get done for her during the day.

The two little girls I only remember vaguely but I was shocked at what they had gone through, but also how mature and well spoken they were for their age. I understand the daughter's being angry, but on the same hand, it wasn't their mother that kidnapped them and took them all around the world for a year and she did all she could to find them and bring them home. No, it's not the greatest childhood one could hope for, but she loves them.

I admire Shawn for actually stepping up and taking the advice given to him to change his life and get out of debt. He may have lost the girl, but now he's standing on his own two feet, solid and in a better way to find someone to love him.

And the woman who lost her daughter....I just cried as she came on stage. Not only was it terrible to hear this woman admit that she was going to take her life over the grief of her daughter, but the gratitude she had for Dr. Phil and what he said to her all those years ago...I could see in Dr. Phil's face he wanted to cry but trust me, I was doing enough for everybody. My heart goes out to this woman along with my admiration for her courage through it all and congrats on the grandbaby!!!!

February 29, 2008, 1:12 pm CST

shawn

Shawn, Hang in there.  There must be the right woman out there waiting for someone like you.  You were willing to change for your girl friend and erase your depts and for her to leave makes me wonder.  Was there more to your problems than just the dept and toys or was she just looking for a reason to leave?

If I weren't happily married, I would look you up.  I am sure after this show, the women will come out of the woodwork for you.

February 29, 2008, 1:12 pm CST

Don't fall for it folks...

She is being as deliberately provocative as she can be because she thrives on ATTENTION. The bit about how she's partly responsible for Dr. Phil's success?? Yaaaaaawwwnnnn. Ho hum! Bye bye, Rochelle! 

February 29, 2008, 1:17 pm CST

02/29 Follow-Ups

Quote From: happiness08

I must have missed the part on the show talking about what Rochelle has been diagnosed with. If it was just a controlling issue then she needs to get a dog and leave her poor husband alone. But then again he has got to stand up for himself. She humiliates him and he just takes it, that's why I thought maybe she had a mental disability and he felt sorry for her and wants to help her. He should hope someone takes her up on her offer of giving him to someone else. That would probably be the best thing for him. I have never seen someone as cruel and ridiculous as Rochele. I never write messages on a TV show website but Rochele just made me sick. If she is mentally disturbed then he should stay with her and continue to fish and have fun but if that's just her and she doesn't need therapy or meds then he should fake a boating accident and float very far away from her.

I don't know if she was "formally diagnosed"  but if one was to look up "narcissist" you'd probably find her pic for the female version of the definition.......

"She humiliates him and he just takes it, "

This is called an abuser & the victim of abuse.   A lot of dynamics go into this but in short Rochelle was brought up to be this abuser.  And her husband is the classic victim that he's been so emotionally abused he doesn't see that he "should get away" & he might have been lead to believe by his abuser he "cannot". 

That's why she offered him up to the "world of women out there who want him"  she said "you want him come and get him".  Would be too funny if some woman came in & swept him away. 

February 29, 2008, 1:21 pm CST

Nasty wife

OMG!!!!!  He needs to get some &^%$* and leave this controlling woman.  She doesn't need a husband!!  She needs a maid and a butler.  Why does he put up with her.  She's not even nice to him at all.  Poor guy!  LEAVE HER!!!!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last