Message Boards

Topic : 07/18 The Power of Music

Number of Replies: 8
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 22, 2005, 06:15:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil rocks the house and shows how music can change your child's life. Dr. Phil and Robin can't carry a tune, but their youngest son, Jordan, has a passion for the guitar. You won't believe where Jordan is playing this weekend!Then, superstars Brian McKnight and Kevin Sharp perform their number one hits. Plus, Dr. Phil's very own talent search, and a special group of young people who say they'd be out stealing or doing drugs if it weren't for one man and his passion for bringing music into their lives. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 2:46 pm CDT

wow again!!!

I am the only one here ?ok well i'll be back later when there is some one to converse with.later .cathy

July 24, 2005, 2:47 pm CDT

hello !!!

No one here yet either ,oh well can't converse alone so i'll be back .later cathy

July 25, 2005, 3:27 am CDT

Kudos to the Grammy Foundation!

My son attends a fine arts magnet school in our town and last year they were named the Grammy Foundation's Signature School.  You cannot begin to imagine the opportunities that this honor gave the students of this school  Not only did they receive a $25,000 cash award, but twelve students from the school, my son included, were chosen to perform as an ensemble during the festivities of Grammy week!   Not only did they have the opportunity to perform in front of some of the industries' finest members, they also had the thrill of actually attending the Grammy ceremony itself.  And all of this was totally paid for by the Grammy Foundation.

In a time where many find that their arts programs are being slashed in order to accomodate athletic pursuits and other non-artistic endeavors, it is nice to know that the Grammy Foundation is actively working to keep arts in our schools!  Participation in the arts keeps our kids grounded...with a dedication and a discipline that many of us adults could only wish for.  Keep up the good work!!

July 26, 2005, 10:04 am CDT

I think music is great

In my opinion, music is one of the best things for a child or even an adult to have. You learn a lot about yourself and what you like. As well as learn about others. You can learn about the entire world just by listening to music. When my husband and I have kids, I am definitely going to have music on during my pregnancy and when my child is born. it helps their minds expand and I think it will make them smarter in the long run.

July 27, 2005, 6:48 am CDT

pychewife2

Quote From: psychwife2

My son attends a fine arts magnet school in our town and last year they were named the Grammy Foundation's Signature School. You cannot begin to imagine the opportunities that this honor gave the students of this school Not only did they receive a $25,000 cash award, but twelve students from the school, my son included, were chosen to perform as an ensemble during the festivities of Grammy week! Not only did they have the opportunity to perform in front of some of the industries' finest members, they also had the thrill of actually attending the Grammy ceremony itself. And all of this was totally paid for by the Grammy Foundation.

In a time where many find that their arts programs are being slashed in order to accomodate athletic pursuits and other non-artistic endeavors, it is nice to know that the Grammy Foundation is actively working to keep arts in our schools! Participation in the arts keeps our kids grounded...with a dedication and a discipline that many of us adults could only wish for. Keep up the good work!!
Hey there you ,lol how great is that your son &school mates rocking to the Grammys soon will be getting a Grammy. Rock on sis.CATHY blue blob

June 12, 2006, 8:56 am CDT

debate

Quote From: 101160

No one here yet either ,oh well can't converse alone so i'll be back .later cathy

hi, feel like chatting about the power of music or something else just let me know, i'm on the internet on a regular basis. 

June 20, 2006, 8:46 am CDT

I will be happy!

Quote From: 101160

I will be happy! By the waymy pic is my cousins dog!!! Whats up!! Say somethin' bak!  

November 20, 2006, 6:18 pm CST

Victim of Music

I might be a little late with this message; you know, about a year and a half... But that doesn't matter. I just thought I'd leave my thoughts on this episode, because I too am a music driven teenager. My story, well, re-telling all of it would be too long, but to say it short and sweetly, I've been through stuff that has scarred me for life. Music was the only thing that ever stuck by me, no matter what. There was a time when I felt life wasn't worthy of breathing for anymore, so I got into cutting, and I wanted to die like nothing I've ever felt before. The one thing that kept me going was music. Singing was a love of mine from when I was little, but showed itself to be a passion when I most needed something to show me a light, and it did. Three years after the drowning thoughts and behavior of one that wanted to die, I stand here, alive and well. All because of music, because of one band in articular that saved me; Evanescence. I still have my days, but all I have to do is sit quietly, and the melody that takes it all away comes to my mind, and turns out to be another song for my library. Just a little memory I thought I'd share.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page