Message Boards

Topic : 03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Number of Replies: 248
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 14, 2008, 02:35:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you stuck in an emotional, marital or financial rut? Dr. Phil has advice for reshaping your future, and he’s bringing reinforcements! Joining him is Bishop T.D. Jakes, pastor of one of the fastest-growing mega-churches in the country and author of Reposition Yourself. First up, Dr. Phil and Bishop Jakes tackle a shocking story that made headlines. Tongues wagged when New York Governor Eliot Spitzer resigned over a sex scandal. Should his wife, Silda, have stood by his side? Robin weighs in with a woman’s perspective. And, Rachelle says her husband, Rob, was unjustly fired from his job as a police officer more than eight years ago, and the incident was highly publicized. Rob says his life was turned upside down and admits he hasn't been much of a father or husband since the firing. His four children say they want their "vacation dad" to be their full-time dad. What's really at the root of Rob's pain, and what will it take for him to return to being the man Rachelle married? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 14, 2008, 5:07 pm CDT

03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

You know, I think it took a lot of courage for her to walk out there in front of the cameras with him. I don't know whether she SHOULD have or not. IMO that was a choice she had to make for herself. What I think is, HE is the one who has cheated. SHE has done nothing wrong. Does it make her any less of a person for choosing to stand beside him? Not to me. If it were me, would I do it?I can't say for sure. Nothing like this has ever happened in my marriage. Does any wife deserve to be treated this way. NO! But, in my time, I have seen many a wife stick by her husband after he cheated on her. And to be cheated on and have it on the evening news,on the radio, on the internet, in the newspaper....that's a lot to deal with. I remember when Kathy Lee Gifford's husband cheated on her and of course it was all over the country. One quote I saw from Kathy Lee was, "I didn't necessarily forgive my husband, I forgave the father of my children." Maybe some women see it that way.

March 15, 2008, 4:18 am CDT

Silda Spitzer

I think that this Lady has been put through enough. It is no one else's business to say weather she should stand by her husband or not. This is a very personal decision that only she can make. I think that everyone else should stand back and leaver her alone. She is probably still in a state of shock right now. Not counting all of the humiliation that she has been put through. None of us are walking in her shoes and none of us have the right to say what she should do or not do. Silda Spitzer is going to have to deal with this in her own way. We have no right to add to her burden.

That is just my opinion.

jebo57 

March 15, 2008, 8:41 am CDT

03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

When the Spitzer story first broke, in the context of so many women standing by their cheating husbands, I wasn't surprized. Do I believe in it? Do i agree with it? Robin's words, in yesterday's preview, were my thoughts before I even saw it. I wouldn't stand by him. I wouldn't stand behind him. He didn't keep his vows to her. Why should she keep hers to him. As for why so many women stand by these men, I think it's often a matter of political expedience. Such as Hillary , in spite of Bill's many affairs, never letting go of his coat-tails. And, look how it's gotten her.

March 15, 2008, 8:50 am CDT

A cops Life

My son was a cop too and had a horrible time being a cop and a family man.  He has been to hell and not back yet.  The problem is that cops think they are the job and they lose themselves in the process.  We want them to protect us, but we also don't want them to be "human".  Hello, they are human beings and not super heroes.   Cops need tons of counseling to stay "normal".   Do a show on cops ex wives.

March 15, 2008, 8:52 am CDT

Spitzers

We are a peculiar society.   You can do 100 great things as Clinton did and then be human and everyone brings you down and can't wait to kick the hell out of you.   Remember only by the Grace of God.....and  "whoever is without sin, throw the first stone"......Dr. Phil, if Spitzer was a Republican would you be splatting him too!

March 15, 2008, 10:09 am CDT

stuck in an emotional rut

i've been married for 7.5 years and my husband hasn't initiated any intimacy in 7 years.  this is very discouraging.  he says he loves me, he says he shows it by providing for the family and not cheating, drinking, or hitting me.  well, i don't exactly think that shows love - responsibility maybe, not love.  i have told him exactly what i need - hugs, kisses, etc., but still he won't budge.  i know he's depressed - i can tell he's not happy.  when i tell him that, he gets mad and tells me how happy he is!?!?!  we have been to counseling and the counselor told us to write down what we needed from each other.  i did - hugs, kisses, etc.  yet nothing has changed.  the hard part of all this is he is a minister and treats everyone better than me.  i don't get it.  we adopted a child (11 y/o) in december and i get more kisses from him than my husband.  he asks "dad"  why he doesn't hug "mom".  i don't want him to think this is a normal relationship.  *sigh* i'm outta ideas..............

March 15, 2008, 10:43 am CDT

Eliot Spitzer

Of course Eliot Spitzer's wife stood by him.  She knows it was a hatchet job to get rid of him for opposing the corrupt buy-out for the banks and their illegal mortgage scandal.

Wake up people!!!  Our government is stealing us blind and they used Spitzer as a scapegoat.  The old "bait and switch" so you don't see what's really going on.  I am just totally amazed at the stupidity of the common citizen.  They fooled you once again!

Do some research before you go off on a government controlled wild goose chase.

March 15, 2008, 10:57 am CDT

Silda

Did anyone think that maybe she went out there and stood next to her husband because she does not want to burn bridges right now?  She has been through a shocking experience which was made worse tenfold by being in the public eye.  This woman needs time to make a decision about what is best for her and her daughters and this is not the best time to make it.  She needs to get past the shock, and the emotions that will inevitably follow before she can make a rational decision.  If she decides to stay then I think it was for the best that she did go out.  If she decides to leave, then so what if she did go out stand next to him; she did what she thought was the right thing at that time.  By the way, I don't think that standing by his side means that she condones what he did.

March 15, 2008, 11:06 am CDT

To Mrs Spitzer

As a republican in New York State who voted against your husband, I want to tell you that you are in my prayers.  I can't imagine the pain and anguish you and your daughters are going through.  I hope that people are kind to you and your family.  The pain was so evident on your face while you stood next to your husband.  I know that your girls are a big part of the reason that you did that.

God Bless You Mrs. S.  He loves you.

March 15, 2008, 11:55 am CDT

03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Unless Gov. Spitzer took state money , it becomes  no ones business, but THEIRS, as to what they want to do about their marriage.  For GOD'S sake leave this unfortunate woman alone.  Everyone should butt out because their marriage is a contract between those 2 people and no one else.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last