Message Boards

Topic : 04/16 Drug Troubles

Number of Replies: 218
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 11, 2008, 08:21:09 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Parents, if you wonder whether your teenager has a drug problem, pay close attention to today’s show. What you may think is normal teen behavior can turn into big trouble fast. Rick and Dawn say they’re at war with their 17-year-old son, Brad. They say he smokes marijuana, skips school, flies into rages, kicks holes in the walls, and even got into a drunken brawl with his father at his 16th birthday party! Brad admits that he smokes pot every day before school, but says everyone he knows is doing it. Dr. Phil has some hard questions for Brad and his parents. Is this just typical teen behavior, or is Brad an addict? Then, don’t miss an update with the heroin-addicted twin sisters, Sarah and Tecoa. Find out which twin went missing, and follow their friend, Joani’s, exhaustive search to bring her back to Dr. Phil. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 12, 2008, 9:34 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Drug Phil Trouble. That I never heard of, But I do take medince for my bladder infection. I hope that-

Erica/Jay take C Vit. See you on Wednesday April 16th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------- 

April 12, 2008, 11:19 am CDT

How do you get response from Dr Phil

I have tried emailing and sending letters, how do you get Dr Phil's attention.  I have a story about my son, I need advise, I need help, I need answers.  Social Security has denied him, saying he is not disabled, Medicaid has denied saying he is not disabled.  What is brain damage if it is not a disability?  HELP DR PHIL.. I  HOPE YOU READ THIS, IT IS  NOT A JOKE

graceschild

April 12, 2008, 1:50 pm CDT

DRUGS

I am a 36 year old women,who did everything and then some under the sun when I was ages 20-26,I messed up large,I did pills drank lost track of days,I did crack and meth,popped speed..I was bad,young n dumb...

Well now my body is paying for it,I have lymp nods on my liver and they cant be removed,doctor says basically I messed up,and now I am payen the hard core price,,

Alot of people think drugs are cool and they wont hurt you,but in the end they all hurt us somehow someway,even weed isnt what it was years ago,its all filled with who knows what now a days,unless you grow it yourself and know what you are putting into it,thats the only way to be safe anymore,,

April 12, 2008, 1:51 pm CDT

04/16 Drug Troubles

Quote From: graceschld

I have tried emailing and sending letters, how do you get Dr Phil's attention.  I have a story about my son, I need advise, I need help, I need answers.  Social Security has denied him, saying he is not disabled, Medicaid has denied saying he is not disabled.  What is brain damage if it is not a disability?  HELP DR PHIL.. I  HOPE YOU READ THIS, IT IS  NOT A JOKE

graceschild

I feel for you,I have an 8 year old girl who I swear is bi-poler,but doctors wont listen to me.they say she is spoiled which she isnt by far.I am a single mom and cant afford to spoil either of my kids,,Good luck,,

April 12, 2008, 4:42 pm CDT

This could be my story...

I will definitely watch this episode of Dr. Phil since it so closely resembles what I went through and am still going through with my middle son (I have 3 sons...each 2 years apart and now grown).

#2 son did all the things mentioned in the synopsis plus many more.  I am quite sure he did things that I never even knew about.  He has a juvenile record longer than both of my arms and legs and now, since he's an adult, his record is growing by leaps and bounds.  He is currently a guest of the Texas Dept of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and will be until April 2009.  This visit to TDCJ is the result of domestic abuse of a family member.  He knocked out his girlfriend's 2 front teeth during a fight they were having.  Both of them were drunk and high on marijuana at the time.

He was up for parole last month (March 2008) and I requested an interview with the Parole Board.  I did a telephone interview with the lady in charge of the Parole Board.  The first thing she asked me was if I was advocating or protesting.  I immediately told her that I was protesting!!!  He is a danger to himself and to society and probably always will be.  At age 15 years, he broke my nose when I confronted him with his stash of marijuana.  Then when I picked up the phone to call 911, he grabbed it out of my hand and tried to knock me out with it.  I had to run to escape further injury.

There was a time not long after that when I told him it was time to come in the house since it was getting late.  His temper flared again and he came after me with a knife.  Fortunately, I was able to get into the house and lock the door before he could stab me.

Apparently giving this information to the Parole Board, as his birth mother, and telling them that I was in fear of my life should he be allowed parole carried some weight with them because he was denied parole.  He will now be an inmate until April 2009.  I intend to obtain a permanent restraining order against him prior to that date.  I realize that a piece of paper is not going to stop him so I have taken other measures to protect myself as well.

He was raised the same way as my other 2 sons and they're both "normal" (whatever that means).  He was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5; however, I did everything I could to help him.  At the age he is now, 28 years old, I can no longer do anything to help him.  Now I just have to let it go and protect myself.

I guess 2 good ones out of 3 is all I can expect...

April 12, 2008, 6:55 pm CDT

hey

Quote From: graceschld

graceschild

my dad has been denied social  security three times and he has had brain surgery, back surgery, 6 nerve  blocks and etc......he has gotten a lawyer to fight  and this time it seems like he might  have a chance!  Dont give up!  Explore more avenues!

mandy

April 13, 2008, 10:23 am CDT

drugs might be the root of all evil

I almost thought that I might change that saying.  But really money and drugs are neutral.  It's what people do with them that cause all the problems.

April 13, 2008, 11:08 am CDT

I must have been a boring child

Part of me is interested in family problems while part of me wonders why no one seems to want to show us families with no problems. I have a fraternal twin sister and we were both adopted by a married couple when we were about three months old. We had a very good role model for a mother and neither of us caused any trouble. We didn't get involved with the "wrong" people, never did drugs, smoked, stayed out until all hours, were never insubordinate, and didn't get into shouting matches with either parent. We weren't perfect and we spanked from time to time, but got good grades in school, good attendance, did our homework, were never tardy or absent, or got detention. We moved out at 18, went to college, got jobs and never moved back home.  We never got pregnant, became alcoholics or drug addicts, and never robbed banks, houses or stores. As I said, we must have been boring children. When our family dined out my sister and I were well behaved and never ran around the restaurant or made noise at the table. We went to Sunday school, then church, though not diligently. All in all, I feel we are sadly overlooked and all I can do is hope there are plenty of viewers out there who know that for every family depicted with all their problems in the media, there are many other families doing just fine.

April 13, 2008, 11:21 am CDT

I was luckier

Quote From: mandiasmith

my dad has been denied social  security three times and he has had brain surgery, back surgery, 6 nerve  blocks and etc......he has gotten a lawyer to fight  and this time it seems like he might  have a chance!  Dont give up!  Explore more avenues!

mandy

I rent an apartment and when my building had roof troubles the owners sent someone over to work on the roof. I can only go by what he claimed, but he gave quite a long list of physical ailments I can no longer recall as it was about 10-15 years ago, but despite all his injuries and problems Social Security turned down his application for disability. Fast forward to late 2001 when I developed a bad leg infection and cellulitis that sent me to the ERs of three different hospitals and was put on antibiotics. The third hospital even admitted me for a three-day stay and urged me to apply for disability which I did. Perhaps it was because the four doctors who had examined me determined I was disabled, I passed without any problems. At first, my disability, lyphedema in both lower legs, was classified as temporary I was put on SSI for three months, but for whatever reason I was not told, I was re-classified as permanently physically disabled because there is no cure for lymphedema, and put on SSA disability with my first check issued in June 2003. I have seen commercials for those who are disabled but have been denied, so I know there are avenues for those in your dad's boat, and hope he can find a person, attorney, or law firm to enable him to be declared thus by Social Security.

April 13, 2008, 12:58 pm CDT

Drug use

Drug use in teens? What's new?

People have been taking natural drugs (like marijuana and mushrooms) for many, MANY years. Now, in recent years, drugs are seen as evil.

And there are evil drugs. Man made ones. I am terrified of meth and heroin and cocaine. Those drugs will get you physically addicted in a short period of time and some of them have very bad chemicals in them.

However, I can honestly say that I've never met a single person who only smokes marijuana and is a troubled person. If they drink or do any other drug, then they sometimes start acting weird.

I'm not saying that marijuana is good for you AT ALL but I'm saying that in my personal experience, every single person I've met that smoked marijana and didn't do any other drugs were never people that did anything violent or crazy because of the drug. In fact, they are totally normal. And most were not tempted into harder drugs or anything.

I know some people may not believe me, but I've seen responsible, well adjusted families where every single memeber (and they're all adults) smoke pot, and they have fewer problems than my own family and none of us do it! And no, they don't secretly fall apart when the doors are closed, they're a really nice family, and all the members are intelliegent and friendly. And you wouldn't even know that they occasionally smoke pot.

I've seen many people be violent and unstable on alcohol, though. I've seen that A LOT. I'd much rather someone smoke pot than drink.

I'm sorry if it offends anyone. But I'm just going by personal experience. Besides the fact that it's illegal, I've never seen pot alone ruin anyone's life. (and becuase it's illegal that I don't do it. I don't want to go to jail!)

However, just to let you know, I'd like it if people didn't even need drugs at all, because then they can just get high off life. I'm just saying, marijuana is the least troublesome.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last