Message Boards

Topic : 04/25 Confronting Grandpa

Number of Replies: 1222
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 18, 2008, 03:26:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
A mother’s suspicion, a dirty secret from the past and shocking allegations continue as Sherie-Lynn and her husband, Todd, confront the man they suspect has molested Sherie-Lynn’s son, Parker. Did Sherie-Lynn’s own father, Al, whom she claims violated her as a child, turn his sick attentions to his own grandson? Is that why Parker, now 12, has been acting out sexually since he was 4 and has recently been expelled from school for violent behavior and inappropriate sexual conduct? Al admits he inappropriately touched Sherie-Lynn when she was just 2 weeks old, but says that was it, and says he never touched Parker. But as Dr. Phil digs deeper, he uncovers physical abuse and three other possible victims. Will a lie detector test settle the matter once and for all? Sherie-Lynn’s brother, Marty, doesn’t know what to believe. How will he feel about his father babysitting his own kids after the results of the polygraph test? And, what happens next for Parker? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 25, 2008, 4:26 am CDT

Grampa

I was so sickend by watching this show yesterday. One, what the hell is wrong with Mom? Can you say Major Issues... she says she was afraid of him too. Are you kidding me. Seeing this man do this to your "Two Week Old"  and you do nothing!! The man had an erection over a two week old. Bouncing her on it... Are you kidding me!! I say shame shame on her. She should be put away too. She says she believes her daughter when her daughter says she knows he had done this when she was 3 and 7 yet the mother has stayed with this man to let this continue. I think we are going to find out he had done it to her for longer and more than that. I also do believe he has done it to the grandson. How on earth would a little boy know all he does? And act on it. My God!!  What a sad case. This man needs to be put away for a very long time. I feel very sad for this little boy. His life will be a hard one.  I also wonder what was Mom thinking on ever letting her parents take care of her son and let him sleep there? I just dont get it? Why? Just another very sad sad case out of many in this world. I wish the best of luck to this little boy who is going to need much much help.    

April 25, 2008, 5:04 am CDT

demented grandpa

April 25, 2008, 5:51 am CDT

denial

I have one major problem with this whole thing ... WHY, WHY, WHY would Sherie put her son , Parker at risk and leave him alone with her father KNOWING what he's capable of and HAS DONE to HER!!!   Everyone on that stage is in major denial in their roles.  Sherie is a victim, yes.  BUT, she is also a mother with a duty to protect her son from this man, whom SHE'S claiming to be a monster.  It's not like she didn't have any idea!
I've been involved in a situation similar to this and it always goes back to: well, if you knew, WHY did you send him there ALONE!  This persons Mother was worse, in my mind and others' because she knew and she sent him to get hurt anyway!!!  Then, wanted to cry about it and say "what was she to do", when he found his voice.  And this person is now a very screwed up individual.
Just like Sherie thinks HER mother should've done something to protect her, Sherie should have done something to protect Parker.  I hope her and her son get extensive counseling and that IF the grandfather did indeed do this, that Parker can forgive his mother.  It's all very sad and frustrating!

April 25, 2008, 6:12 am CDT

confronting grandpa

I am still unclear as to why the boy was able to spend so much time with his grandfather. They had sleepovers in the living room? If a two week old little girl could suffer molestation IN FRONT OF HER OWN MOTHER, how is "camping out" in the living room with a pedophile going to protect this other child?

Also I find it very curious that the ONLY times this man admitted to molesting his daughter (inappropriate touching) was when someone caught him, the same with him beating his daughter with the extension cord. He ONLY got carried away with punishing her the one time he was caught. I thought statistically that criminals had committed MANY crimes by the time they had gotten caught.

April 25, 2008, 6:26 am CDT

GRANDPA AND GRANDMA NEED TO GOTO JAIL

After watching the first half of the show, I found myself soooooo angry! How can any Mother stay with a man that did such a thing to a baby or anyone for that matter, she should be found guilty just as much as him. That woman seemed so stupid and couldn't even give a reasonible explaintion as to why she stayed with him, she made excuses for him and his actions. And my god, why if your Father did thoses things would you put your son in the same home with that man? This whole family is mentally unstable and they all need HELP!!! This is why the world is so messed up, NO ONE THINKS! I got pregnant at 15 and had my baby when I was 16, and the father was abusive, I stayed for 1 year and finally woke up and packed my bags and took my child out of that, I new if I stayed my child would think that behavior would be ok for him as an adult. It was hard for me ,but I DID IT at 17 and no high school education. ANY MOTHER OR FATHER THAT STAYS IN THAT TYPE OF REALATIONSHIP NEEDS TO HAVE THE CHILDREN TAKING AWAY FOR GOOD!!!!!

April 25, 2008, 6:32 am CDT

Selfish!

NOT ONCE has she mentioned her son! It's all about her her her!!!!

Poor me, wah wah! Her son is still young, yet all she cares about is herself.

April 25, 2008, 6:38 am CDT

Warning for parents

A lot of very tragic stories have been posted on these message boards.  I'm concerned (and yes, concerned, not accusatory or trying to prove anyone wrong) by the number of adults molested as children, who vow that their children will never be left alone one minute with their former abusers.  I just don't think that anyone can be vigilant enough to prevent something like this from happening.  It can only take a second.  I know that these parents want to spare their children the pain they suffered, but this approach seems like playing with fire.  I don't have the answer, if indeed there is one to be had, but cutting ties might be the only way to ensure your children's safety.

April 25, 2008, 6:45 am CDT

04/25 Confronting Grandpa

That bizarre, inappropriate smug smile - this man is broken, damaged beyond repair, the sociopath next door.
I wish I could wave a magic wand and stop everyone from blaming the child who grew up abused, confused, undefended, desperately trying to make sense of this world she landed in.  She doesn't have the same tools other people have.

April 25, 2008, 6:45 am CDT

Al's a Nutbag.........

I love how these people "all of the sudden" find God and try and hide behind him and religion after they commit some horrendous act! This Al guy is a nutbag! Somethings not right with him!

Just like this religious sect in Texas. This is exactly why I don't believe in God or a higher power anymore. Religion is a big sham. More people have been tortured, murdered, maimed, abused etc. in the name of God and religion then by anything else! I use to believe when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, I no longer believe. I would love to truly believe in some kind of higher power, but as time goes on and the more I see and hear, the more cemented my beliefs become in there being no God.

Greg.

April 25, 2008, 6:52 am CDT

I'm soooooooo SICK to my stomach!

my heart goes out to that woman and that child!

put that man AWAY!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last