Message Boards

Topic : 04/25 Confronting Grandpa

Number of Replies: 1222
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 18, 2008, 03:26:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
A mother’s suspicion, a dirty secret from the past and shocking allegations continue as Sherie-Lynn and her husband, Todd, confront the man they suspect has molested Sherie-Lynn’s son, Parker. Did Sherie-Lynn’s own father, Al, whom she claims violated her as a child, turn his sick attentions to his own grandson? Is that why Parker, now 12, has been acting out sexually since he was 4 and has recently been expelled from school for violent behavior and inappropriate sexual conduct? Al admits he inappropriately touched Sherie-Lynn when she was just 2 weeks old, but says that was it, and says he never touched Parker. But as Dr. Phil digs deeper, he uncovers physical abuse and three other possible victims. Will a lie detector test settle the matter once and for all? Sherie-Lynn’s brother, Marty, doesn’t know what to believe. How will he feel about his father babysitting his own kids after the results of the polygraph test? And, what happens next for Parker? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 25, 2008, 6:57 am CDT

PRISON FOR THIS CREEP

• Please tell me that this man will be prosecuted and put away!!!! He needs to pay the price for his actions!!! Thank you...you just stated at the end of the show that you will report this information.  Dr. Phil, this man should not be allowed to ever walk the streets of this earth again. 

04/25 Confronting Grandpa

This show was heart breaking... Sherie Lynn my heart goes out to you.... Elaine, get a divorce.... He needs to be registered as a registered sex offender....let the law take care of him from here on out...

I hope that you find a way to heal your family and to help your little boy... Lean on your husband, he wants to be there for you...  I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that Dr. Phil can find you and your family the help that you all need so desparately...

Best of luck and all of our prayers are with you...

GOD

He keeps saying God is going to protect him and God knows the truth. Your darn right that God knows the truth. And the truth is OUR GOD is going to send him straight to HELL!

The woman who claims her father molested her was less than believable. If he hadn't admitted it, I wouldn't believe her. Her screwing up her face to cry with no tears in sight was just creepy. Instead of going back in time, what are they doing to help her SON - who has obviously been abused and needs help right now ???

April 25, 2008, 6:58 am CDT

pedophile

I get chills looking at that creep!  His eyes are flat and evil and scare me.  And all of the smiling he did throughout the show?  That man is very lucky that my husband was not sitting across from him on stage.  I hope he goes to prison and stays there.  And his wife?  Please, someone get her some help.  She must have been plenty abused too to be able to feel so powerless.

April 25, 2008, 6:59 am CDT

confronting granpa

Quote From: baker167

My question is, why is this man not in jail?  If he has already admitted to sexually deviant behavior with Sherie-Lynn, then why is he allowed to even be near any other children?

have him arrested!  maybe this will wake him up about this horrific act he has done to his daughter and now grandson. grandma should leave him and get counceling.

April 25, 2008, 7:01 am CDT

Disgusted

April 25, 2008, 7:10 am CDT

Follow up on degenerate Grandpa

I am torn in many directions by today's show.  Grandpa Al represents the worst of humanity in part because he refuses to take responsibility for the damage he's obviously done.  His behavior, logic and affect were all "off" and I commend the woman's husband for not leaping across the stage to beat the old guy senseless!  If he cared at all for his daughter, his grandson, his wife...he would take this situation seriously and try to mend whatever happened to them.  His response was to laugh and clap along as they bared their souls and criticized him.  Truly DISGUSTING!

My conflict is in Dr. Phil giving this guy such a public forum.  I understand that these problems fester because they are kept secret, but my stomach churns at the thought of this character getting air-time and a large audience to "preach" his perverted doctrine to.  I hope that the woman and her husband will follow through in denying this abuser access to their children and work to prevent him from offending other unsuspecting children.  I also hope that Dr. Phil will update us on the progress that the family makes.  Though I am not normally a church-going person, today I will pray for them all and wish them peace. 

April 25, 2008, 7:12 am CDT

I have no idea!

I have no idea on how could that evil man sit on that stage and smile?  I have no idea on what stopped someone from jumping up there and beating him .  I have no idea how that woman sitting next to him could call herself a mother after allowing her child to be molested by him.

I'm glad that the little boy is going get the help he needs, It is just so sad that his mother wasn't given the same when she was much younger.  It could have saved her a lot of  pain and suffering.  I sincerely hope that the old man is held accountable for his actions, hopefully that damn smile on his face will someday be knocked off.  I also hope that his wife is dealt with as well.  She is just as guilty as him. 

If you think about it there are wild animals that have better instincts and will protect their young then this supposedly intelligent woman!

April 25, 2008, 7:17 am CDT

Dr Phil, for someone who says he knows the bible and were ready to swap scriptures with grandpa you weren't very ready today.  It's Exodus 20 not Exodus 22 where the ten commandments are.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last