Message Boards

Topic : 07/18 The Cougar Craze

Number of Replies: 584
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 25, 2008, 03:06:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date 05/02/08) Demi Moore did it. So did Madonna and Halle Berry. This trend of older women dating younger men is called the Cougar Craze, and it’s sweeping the country. Recently, at a New York speed-dating event, Sugar Mamas and Boy Toys, good-looking 35-year-old men wooed women over 35 who made at least $500,000 a year. Jeremy organized the event and says he was just answering a demand from affluent ladies. Was he sincere in his matchmaking or just out to make a buck? Dr. Phil talks to two women who participated in the event -- Gail, 44, and Nancy, 50. Their experiences might surprise you. Then, 51-year-old Kat says she’s no cougar; she just likes to date younger guys because men her age are set in their ways. She says her 23-year-old ex-boyfriend, Ryon, was loving, passionate and had a much higher libido than older men. Her friend, Nancy, says Kat has a great head for business, but a bad one when it comes to the opposite sex. She says young men just see dollar signs when they see Kat. Is Kat dating down, or should Nancy just butt out? And, Bobbi had an 11-year relationship with a man who was 17 years her junior, but she says once she turned 50, he saw her as too old. She wants to be in a relationship again, but not with an older man. Her son, Nathan, says someone still wet behind the ears can’t appreciate all Bobbi has to offer. Does Nathan have the right to put his foot down with his mother? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 13, 2008, 10:24 am CDT

Bible references

I believe the bible is silent on this issue I really don't see why this is an issue at all!

September 20, 2008, 10:20 pm CDT

07/18 The Cougar Craze

Quote From: kanupke8

Older men have been dating younger women for centuries, and they've been called May/December "romances".  Now that older women are dating younger men the women are being portrayed as predators - "cougars" ?!! Really the absurdity of it.  Shame on you Dr. Phil for perpetuating the dialog in this manner.

If older women are to be called cougars, then shouldn't we be calling older men dating younger women/girls "hyenas" perhaps or "jackals".  I think either would be appropriate.

I love this analogy. You are great. I am married to a man 13 years younger than I am. He is 38 and I am 50. We have been happily married for 15 years. He has taken over the care for my 2 sons from a previous marriage and we have a darling 12 year old. I cant imagine a greater man than my husband. I will be a Cougar any day, it beats cradle robber and many other things I have been called. Older men with younger women are even grosser to me because you know the gal is in it for the money!!

October 14, 2008, 11:21 am CDT

07/18 The Cougar Craze

I believe that age is just a number, but I also believe that in most cases it does matter. The way you look at eachother is the problem. Someone your own age(or close) sees you as equal, and I think the equality is what keeps some people from dating people their own age.  

I believe that if you are searching for younger men/women, for a long term relationship, there's usually some insecurity issues. The reason that some people are drawn to younger people, is the feeling of being wiser, better, having the power and having someone look up to you. You don't feel comfortable with people your own age because they don't look up to you, they see you for who you are. Atleast that's what I learned from being with someone older.

June 28, 2009, 6:15 am CDT

older and younger men!!

Quote From: kids73sherri

I have been married 6 and1/2 years to my husband .We met at our job and have been in love ever since.  I am 16 years his junior.I see no problem with the other way around as long as the men are of age.

My first marriage was to a man 2 years my junior.He was a drunk and a druggie. I have 4 kids from him. He was extremely abusive and after 5 1/2 of physical,mental, and emotional abuse I divorced him. Even though I am remarried and he is remarried (his 3rd) he is so vengeful towards me that we are consistently having problems .He has tried to turn my 14 year old son against my husband and myself. My 10,11, and 12 year old daughters are basically ignored. He is now starting to work on the 12 year old also.We are now having to see family cousling per police because of the issues he is causing. So maybe age dosen't really matter and it's all about maturity. And it sounds like that's everywhere!

First | Prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | Next Page | Last Page