Message Boards

Topic : 07/22 Male Egos Out of Control

Number of Replies: 730
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:25:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/07/08) Ladies, listen up as Dr. Phil sheds light on men to avoid! You know the type: They can turn you off with their confidence, offend you with their arrogance and make you wonder if they actually hate women. He’s talking to men with out-of-control egos! John was dubbed The Worst Person in the World after sending what many would describe as a nasty, egotistical e-mail to a woman who rejected him on an Internet dating site. John admits he has a big ego but says he’s "all that and a bag of chips!" Don’t miss what happens when cameras follow John to a bar where he works his magic on the women! Then, meet Paul, a self-proclaimed Casanova who says men need to act more like cavemen. Paul says he’s proud of the fact that he’s slept with over 132 women and keeps a spreadsheet of his conquests. He says he’s so good at getting women into bed that he’s written a How To manual for men. Paul’s techniques are put to the test when he secretly coaches an introvert in a crowded club. Plus, one woman whom Paul couldn’t add to his spreadsheet joins him onstage. Where does she say he went wrong? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 29, 2008, 8:43 pm CDT

Male egos

I recently caught the show displaying "egos gone wild."  I am concerned with the "light" tone to the show.  These men are future abusers and rapists.  The day will come when they will not take no for an answer. 

The only way to stop them is for women to change.  Of the female viewers that were appalled, how many then went out the following weekend and fell some similar behavior.

I am a teacher at the 7th and 8th grade level.  I see girls everyday who's only concern is having a boyfriend.  When will it stop?  Haven't we passed the age when a woman needs a man to "pick her" in order to feel complete? 

July 30, 2008, 8:27 am CDT

07/22 Male Egos Out of Control

Quote From: bonfire99

I recently caught the show displaying "egos gone wild."  I am concerned with the "light" tone to the show.  These men are future abusers and rapists.  The day will come when they will not take no for an answer. 

The only way to stop them is for women to change.  Of the female viewers that were appalled, how many then went out the following weekend and fell some similar behavior.

I am a teacher at the 7th and 8th grade level.  I see girls everyday who's only concern is having a boyfriend.  When will it stop?  Haven't we passed the age when a woman needs a man to "pick her" in order to feel complete? 

I am in total agreement concerning your opinion of how many women feel they need a man to make them complete. Or the women that feel that they need to sleep with a man to make him like her. Instead, after the man sleeps with her, right after they meet or on a first date, they lose all respect for the woman. It backfires on them! What man wants to take a woman home to meet mama when he knows that she gives it away so easily and no telling how many men she has given it to? This is NOT the way to go about it. First, a woman needs to learn to love herself before she is ready to love a man, or for a man to be able to love her. You have to be happy and complete living alone before you should live with another. And most importantly, a woman needs to have respect for her own body. It's a gift to be given, and only to a man who is deserving of it. I know this is the day and age where it's supposed to be OK for a woman to do and act any way that she pleases, if she wants sex, then go and get some, but I still feel differently than that. Concerning something so personal and all of the diseases out there today, which condoms do not always protect you from, a woman should just have more pride in herself then that. Just my opinion.

July 30, 2008, 10:57 pm CDT

What a turn-off!

I cannot believe some women are into guys like this.  Any man that is that forth-coming and pushy for a phone number is such a turn-off to me.  John?  If I seen that guy walking down the street, I would never take a second look at him.  He's so homely!  And before they even started discussing his age, I was guessing 45.  He sure is on his toes though coming up with lies that quickly, even though they were really bad lies.  "My ID says I'm older than I am because I used it as a fake ID when I was underage."  Hahahaha!  Oh, ok, even if you are only 35, you haven't gotten a new ID in the past 15 or 20 years?!  What an idiot! 

And the egos...UGH!  There is nothing worse in the this world than egotistical, testosterony men.  It is hideously unattractive, and it is just mind-boggling to me that some women are attracted to that type.  Even if he is good looking at a glance, as soon as he opened his mouth, his attitude and superficial, arrogant conversation would make me wanna vomit. 

August 2, 2008, 2:44 pm CDT

07/22 Male Egos Out of Control

Quote From: smother

What difference does it make to any of us how they'll age?  We are all aging and of course they'll look older.  That won't be a surprise...

I agree with your statement. I just think that they would be SHOCKED to see themselves in the future. It would be fun to see their expressions as they watch themselves age in fast motion. Guys like these two need something to SHOCK them...I was going to say shock them into the real world, but the real world is pretty crazy. Anyway, my point is that I think these guys are delirious and suffer from delusions of grandeur; maybe they just need the old-fashioned hot-cold shock treatments.

August 3, 2008, 12:10 pm CDT

Grandmashari!

Quote From: grandmashari

He certainly looks like he is in his mid to late 40's.  What I don't understand is why people lie about their age like that.  I understand kids who want to pass as older to drink or to feel grown up but why adults would is beyond me.  I always say that if I was going to lie about my age I would add years on and say I am 10 years older then I am, that way when people look at me they would think "oh she looks good for her age" instead of "oh man, life hasn't been good to her!"
That was a great and funny comment! It's also a magnificent idea. I too would never lie about my age. There is one person that I do lie to, it's my husbands boss, and I do it just because I think it's funny. We are good friends and I have played with his mind for years about this. I only took one year off otherwise he would have caught on. As long as my husband never spills the beans I will get to have fun with this for a very long time. He thinks he remembers everything, and actually he does, that's why I am enjoying this so much. It's just a small prank!

September 1, 2008, 8:22 am CDT

Grandma, CASA worker

In the state of Ohio there is an organization called CASA, Court Appointed Special

Advocate for children.     I am a volunter and have gone through many classes to know how to detect and how to help children that are in this situation.  This family needs CASA.  They will go in and talk to both parents and watch how the children react to the parents and grandparents.  They will talk to teachers, doctors, neighbors, and anyone else that may have info about the family and who will be the better parent for full custody.  PLEASE URGE THEM TO CONTACT THEIR ATTORNEY TO BRING IN CASA TO PROTECT THEM.

September 11, 2008, 1:49 pm CDT

If they are so horrible, WHY do they get so many dates

I absolutely hate to hear women wine about men like these. I am a 57 year old woman who has watched this game her whole life. And I fell for it. Most women LIKE the rich good-looking guys, even if you don't admit to it. We marry the good-looking life of the party guys AND then divorce them.

The second time around I was much much wiser. I fell in love with a great man. We have had 26 years of a super marriage adn a very happy family.

How did I get it right the second time? After 7 years of a bad marriage, and 2 years divorced, I looked at my three year old son and decided I wanted a man that both of us could love, admire and be friends with.

The saying is true - You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince.

It is such a shame that we play all the silly games in the dating game. Ladies, you stop playing the games and the men will stop playing games.

September 29, 2008, 5:44 pm CDT

Haha! Funniest show ever! :D

This show was sendt on the Norwegian TV3 today, and after watching it I just thought: "This one needs a comment!", so then I signed up :) I have never had such a good laugh ever watching the Dr. Phil show as today :D And I also must say I felt the women-aura from the audience filling the livingroom, such a special atmosphere! :)

Especially I found the whole John-package very funny :P When he held up his egocentric T-shirt I really had to concentrate not to laugh too hard. And when he couldn't agree with himself how old he is, *laughs out loud*! And I really loved the way he introduced himself to the women at the bar. Straight on telling them about him being "The Worst Person in the World". Ooo, such a turn on! (Or not!)

And I also got very impressed by Paul's spreadsheet. 132 girls! Can a caveman really count that far? And I sure want to be number 133! No, sorry Paul, I don't date cheap guys.

And John, the reason why I don't publish pictures of my figure on the internet isn't because I'm fat. It's because I do not want men like you to approach me based on my 32GG's, or worse, copy my pictures down to their own computer and misuse them. It's all a matter of having control of my own private pictures.

Thank you for a great show! :)

October 14, 2008, 8:57 pm CDT

You should know what you want to see these guys for what they are

I am newly married to a wonderful, thoughtful, giving, sexy man who respects me. I wouldn't settle for less, and he gets the same treatment from me. I was single for quite a while, and ran into guys like John and Paul from time to time. The key to dealing with these guys is to value yourself. I wouldn't have given that John a second look because he thinks his value is all about his education and accomplishments, and he is overrated and should figure that out. I have more education and accomplishments than that man, but I don't use them as allowing me to be a self-appointed judge and tear other people down. I have common sense along with my degrees.

The other guy basically needs to be teflon coated to keep from spreading disease, but at least seems more honest about his goal. There is nothing wrong with the occasional mutually agreed upon romp just for fun, and if he notches his bedpost, so be it. I've notched mine a time or two when casual was all I was really looking for. He simply needs to be upfront with women. Plenty will still say yes because he is cute and maybe they just want some fun, too.

The sad thing is that neither of these guys have figured out what real value they have, and it will lead to lonliness and shame when they get mature enough to realize they were playing baby games with no real intimacy, and that nobody cares about them. What would your mommas think, boys? And what would she want for you? Mom's usually know best whattheir babies need!

February 25, 2009, 7:29 pm CST

John Boy

I was wondering if Phil knew about John's father having committed Suicide when he was a child?  Could this be why John is so insecure?  He really didn't have any male role models in his life.

First | Prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | Next Page | Last Page