Message Boards

Topic : 05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Number of Replies: 376
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:56:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil speaks with some opinionated guests who say they’re not judgmental; they just think they’re hot – and you’re not! Shenek says she doesn’t like ugly people, refuses to have unattractive friends, and will literally run away if an unappealing guy approaches her. She says ugly people are jealous and out to sabotage her. Her friend, Chad, says Shenek is beautiful, but her attitude makes her ugly. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Shenek! Then, meet a former beauty queen who says she’s repulsed by obese people and will go out of her way to avoid them. Michelle says when she sees a fat person eat, she becomes physically sick. What happens when Dr. Phil introduces her to Janine, a 343-pound woman who’s proud of her figure and tired of being looked down on? Next, meet two men who say they were banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant because they were too fat! And, a mother is at odds with her three daughters who she says are becoming obsessed with their appearance. Is it just a phase?  Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have a positive self image? Talk about it here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 10, 2008, 7:58 pm CDT

"Read the Writing on the Wall"

Before judging others,  look at your ways

Look at your past...then judge your own days.

Before critisizing others, think of what this can do.

It can put them on the defensive, to come right back on you.

Before holding a grudge, you should try and let it go.

We all make mistakes...including yourself, you know.

Remember: no one is perfect...not you, nor me.

And things aren't always what they appear to be.

Now, take a long and hard look at the writing on the wall:

If you can't think of something nice to say...

Don't say anything at all.

Page 17 of  "When the Lights Are On But Nobody's Home"

May 11, 2008, 3:02 am CDT

Nobody choose .

we born without any choose .my face I don't made it . my bady shot or tall I don't made it . why I debate anybody what he or she look like, they don't responsible about their face or body , I don't love them when I see they hurt people or hurt me . I have friend she not good looking but she always laugh and care about me she love me and I love her .ones a day another friend blame me for friendship with her and accuse me I walk with her until showing how I am pretty . this  words make me in shock and I afraid my best friend think that . really I know a lot of people ugly in your behaviour their face is very pretty but their heart is very selfish ,vain and conceited I don't love them and I try to faraway for them.

May 11, 2008, 5:20 am CDT

please spare me the...........

If it could be me , people like this should be shown the back door . becuse somehow to me its seems they quetion God,s ability to know and do all .

May 11, 2008, 6:49 am CDT

THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS WORLD

I agree with the person that wrote in and said to take a long look in the mirror.

If by any chance you have friends you won't have them for long,espicially with the attitude

that you have toward yourself and others. I wouldn't want to be your friend and I'm sure there's others

out there that would feel the same. The picture you have here really says it all you hold your noise up in the air a little to high but did you know Shenek the air up there is no better than the air down here,and oh my goodness we all share that same air. So to all of "your friends"  out there I'd be taking an inventory is this what I'm living for and is this kind of life I want my own kids to be raised in?  No wonder our children now days are going through what they are. Oh I wanna be like her or dress like her and be thin like her or act like her.  To all you girls out there that want this kind of lifestyle please stop and think first before you proceed these people are NOT happy. Just be yourselves and let the real you shine through you will be much happier. So what if you have a little extra stuffin' or if your hair isn't the right color or the right length or talk and walk the right way who is really gonna care. After all what really counts is what is on the inside of you and what you have to offer to others that counts. So Shenek and other girls like you back off to our society and the girls you have influenced we will all be better off.  And to you Janine you go girl!!!!! 

May 11, 2008, 8:24 am CDT

im hot, you're not

HEY WE'RE ALL EQUAL IN GOD'S EYES. 'beauty is skin deep, ugly's to the bone, when beauty's gone, ugly hold it's own

May 11, 2008, 10:39 am CDT

I'm hot you're not

What makes a person beautiful is not the way they look, but the way they carry themselves. I have seen beautiful women and men who are either dating or married to people who are not the most attractive people out there. So that is saying that they are not with them for looks, but what that person is inside.

People that go around saying they are hot, are people who deep inside are insecure, you don't need to shout to the world how beautiful or hot you are, or  being negative towards people who do not look like you. Some people tell you what you want to hear, and not what they really think, if you go around all the time saying that you are hot, the people around you who care about you, will repeat what you are saying not to hurt your feelings. Most people that think that way are usually rude, self centered, and arrogant, and that my friend is not HOT!

May 11, 2008, 12:51 pm CDT

Too bad I could not be there to tell this person just how unattractive sghe is

Quote From: strawberita

Let's see if someone on stage or in the audience has the nerve to tell her she is pretty ugly herself.
Miss sorry who do you think you are - If I were there, I'd put your sorry rear end to shame.  Best of all, if I were a guy, I would not give you a first look let alone a second.  I am 61 years old and could run circles around you Missy.  The best part of that is I do not go around thinking how beautiful I am as I have been told I look anywhere from 38 to 47.  Stick that in front of your mirror.  You should be ashamed of yourself for behaving as badly as you do.  Your Mother must not be proud of you.  I feel sorry for her that she has to put up with someone like you.  I hope you don't have any children because I would be embarassed to say that you were my Mom.  We are all beautiful in our hearts and that is where real beauty begins.  Get over your sorry self.

May 11, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

judgments....

If that's Shenek's picture, she doesn't look all that beautiful, IMO.  I look better!...seriously, half the people I know look better.  Probably a 4 at best, if she's willing to dish it out, she should be able to take it.

I'm sorry but she just looks average and I don't see anything that special about her.  I'm sure she's been turned down by men that WERE actually hot, and that probably started her campaign to be a low-class to validate herself by being "selective" and elitist, because she thinks that puts her on "the top shelf".  One day, her average looks will be gone and she'll be left with a crappy attitude and not much upstairs to redeem herself.  I've seen it before, and girls like that are a dime a dozen until one day they wake up and  realize they wasted their lives on petty, superficial crap and are now washed-up divorcees with no substance.

She needs to grow up and not be hung up on looks to be unable to interact with people.  If looks are the only thing that's important to her, then she's going to have a really boring life, because there's just so much more to it. 

May 11, 2008, 7:13 pm CDT

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

The obsession with appearance is getting old.
Any mate worth having will love you in tight jeans or sweatpants, makeup or not, any REAL friend will feel the same.

May 12, 2008, 7:13 am CDT

Get off your proud seat

Wow. . you all are way too proud.  If you "think" you are pretty, then why not humble yourself and keep it to yourself.  Don't you know that you will not live forever.  Your beauty and life will fade.  Your body belongs to Christ.  It's not even yours.  Why don't you act and dress like Christ who lives in you.?  You want men and women to worship you and your looks.  Sorry, won't get it from me.  The only one I worship is Christ.  You might not get it quickened to you in your brain in this lifetime, but when eternity gets here you'd wish you would've put your time and energy in Christ, instead of bodies that die and won't live forever.  It's OK to feel good about yourself, but when you "think" you are better than people you are WRONG!  Stop being so proud and trying to tempt men and tempt woman to be jealous.  Men and women might be looking at you thinking how ridiculous you look for walking around like your something, not because of your looks.  Your body and looks will fade.  Your soul last forever, so I pray you find the true meaning in life - not your looks - Christ!   

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last