Message Boards

Topic : 05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Number of Replies: 376
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:56:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil speaks with some opinionated guests who say they’re not judgmental; they just think they’re hot – and you’re not! Shenek says she doesn’t like ugly people, refuses to have unattractive friends, and will literally run away if an unappealing guy approaches her. She says ugly people are jealous and out to sabotage her. Her friend, Chad, says Shenek is beautiful, but her attitude makes her ugly. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Shenek! Then, meet a former beauty queen who says she’s repulsed by obese people and will go out of her way to avoid them. Michelle says when she sees a fat person eat, she becomes physically sick. What happens when Dr. Phil introduces her to Janine, a 343-pound woman who’s proud of her figure and tired of being looked down on? Next, meet two men who say they were banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant because they were too fat! And, a mother is at odds with her three daughters who she says are becoming obsessed with their appearance. Is it just a phase?  Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have a positive self image? Talk about it here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 2, 2008, 1:43 pm CST

Get a life

Shenek, Shanique or Cha-neeque needs to get a life. Obviously she's been a privileged person throughout her upbringing but somewhere there her mom forgot to teach her humility, how to be appreciative of others, how beauty is in the eyes of the beholder w/o rose colored glasses. This woman would be a nightmare to have a relationship with. If things did not go her way all the time, everytime, it would be nothing but miserable for the man. Maybe she needs to have some old fashioned religion to help her learn what her mom did not teach her and then she may have a more beautiful outlook on life, about people and herself.

December 2, 2008, 2:55 pm CST

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Quote From: kris_m1

I agree with the one who says she is repulsed by watching obese people eating. It simply is disgusting.

And i also think that if they wanted to loose weight, they should EAT LESS!!

People have to eat regardless of what size they are, so if it bothers you to see obese people eat than don't. I think your just a complainer and you think your better then obese people. I'm sure you have some kind of fault, because nobody's perfect. I'll bet your not a 10. You obviously have issues otherwise why would you be saying that. Seek professional help, you need it. Your also not very educated, because being obese doesn't necessarily mean its because of over eating. Get an education you ditz.

December 5, 2008, 4:25 pm CST

Skinny? Maybe in brain cells

Quote From: sspencer222

I am sorry but there is no way that little miss shenek is a size 4.  I am a size three and her neck is about the size of my thigh.  I do agree that fat people are unhappy but that is a personal choice so what if they want to be fat and ugly and by the way I know I have flaws but at least I have a six pack and God gave that to me and not some plastic surgen.  Fat people should not make fun of fat people and they are not out to get "us." Yeah they might want to be "us" but so what,  who cares that just means that I am better then them and that is was gives me my edge.  It is like those people out there that have to dye their hair blonde to look pretty I am a natrual blonde but I dont throw it in thier face if they want to be like me that just me that I have something they want.  Looks change and I know when I am fourty and old(er) I will not look this way that is why I am enjoying it know but I dont perposily rub it in there faces, that is just mean and no matter how good I look that is just wrong.  But I do think it is funny when fat people try to tell someone else that they are skinny and that person B should lose weight.  I am 5'6" and I proudly weigh 120 that is the way God made me and I take pride in that.  any one over wieght has the option of dieting and looking as good as me but that is only if they choice and it is not my right to force them into that. 

Deary-

I most certainly do not want to be you, especially if being a natural blond, 5'6", and 120 lbs are your best attributes. You are overly critical of others which usually reflects low self esteem. I don't want to be you, I feel sorry for you. I suggest you spend less time counting your abs and more time learning proper spelling and grammar.

P.S. there is even a spell check function when you post to this forum.

June 19, 2009, 4:24 pm CDT

Entries to all of you....

Quote From: furby05

People have to eat regardless of what size they are, so if it bothers you to see obese people eat than don't. I think your just a complainer and you think your better then obese people. I'm sure you have some kind of fault, because nobody's perfect. I'll bet your not a 10. You obviously have issues otherwise why would you be saying that. Seek professional help, you need it. Your also not very educated, because being obese doesn't necessarily mean its because of over eating. Get an education you ditz.
All of you need Jesus and  your energy would be better spent working on your "own" issues because you all have some, some more than others.  God made all of us, but for all this ........nope. God Bless all of you.

June 19, 2009, 4:28 pm CDT

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Quote From: 3boysrus

It is people like this that make this world a sad place to live.  People that go around thinking they are  so much better than everyone else and are beautiful need to take a long hard look in the mirror.  They may think people see beauty, but what  really is there is ugly.  I was always taught to never judge people for the way they look.  I have a genetic disease that has caused me to have disfiguring features.  It hurts on the inside to see the way people look and stare at me and I know what they are thinking.  But, I have my true family and friends that know me and do not care what is on the outside but what is on the inside and have told me they see me and don't even see my disfigurement.  You have to take what life gives you and I do not see what right anyone has to judge people because they got the raw end of the deal. There is the saying that "actions speak louder than words" well that can go for looks to.  You may be the most beautiful person in the world, but if you do not have the actions to go along with it then all the beauty in the world will not be able to hide the ugly.
I agree.  God loves us all just as we are.....because of WHOSE we are.

June 22, 2009, 10:30 am CDT

Shanik the Shanook

This woman has a problem.  She isn't ugly, but she isn't beautiful either - not on the outside and definately not on the inside.  There are many more attactive people than she is, so I don't know where she comes off thinking she is so "beautiful".

I'm sure that God doesn't have a good impression.  If she ever looses her health, her looks due to some unforeseen trauma, her business, etc. etc., she may then look back at what an idiot she was on your show.  A person like her, with a mind like hers, is incapable of having "True friends", or being a true friend.  If one of her "attactive" friends, or a future husband, children, etc., becomes "unattractive" due to a car accident, fire, bad face lift, blah, blah....does she then condem them and turn them away?

My guess is that she was a spoiled only child and shame on her parents for raising a person that should belong on another planet.

First | Prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next Page | Last Page