Message Boards

Topic : 05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Number of Replies: 376
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:56:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil speaks with some opinionated guests who say they’re not judgmental; they just think they’re hot – and you’re not! Shenek says she doesn’t like ugly people, refuses to have unattractive friends, and will literally run away if an unappealing guy approaches her. She says ugly people are jealous and out to sabotage her. Her friend, Chad, says Shenek is beautiful, but her attitude makes her ugly. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Shenek! Then, meet a former beauty queen who says she’s repulsed by obese people and will go out of her way to avoid them. Michelle says when she sees a fat person eat, she becomes physically sick. What happens when Dr. Phil introduces her to Janine, a 343-pound woman who’s proud of her figure and tired of being looked down on? Next, meet two men who say they were banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant because they were too fat! And, a mother is at odds with her three daughters who she says are becoming obsessed with their appearance. Is it just a phase?  Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have a positive self image? Talk about it here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 14, 2008, 7:24 am CDT

You're Flawless?

The great news is Shenek is so obsessed with herself you know she is reading all of these posts.  It was obvious the brothers watching her being interviewed were going to be disgusted w/ her ugly inside - Hey Shenek, maybe while working on your bigotry - hit the gym.  It would help.

May 14, 2008, 7:31 am CDT

Shenek.

I've got news for you sweetheart...........you're not all that!!!!

To think you're as wonderful as you say you are, you must have a magic mirror in your bathroom.

May 14, 2008, 7:39 am CDT

05/14

This women makes me sick! She must have issues with herself. Who does she think she is? If  she took out her weave and took off the makup I think she would look awful.  I think if she keeps  thinking the way she does she will die alone and bitter and wishing that she wasn't such a b**** her whole life.

May 14, 2008, 9:04 am CDT

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Wow.....I could easily spend time bashing these two women...(mostly Shenek)....but, I think anything I could say has already been said by other posters. My only comment is this:

Too bad Shenek is so shallow because she sure missed out on those gorgeous men who were totally turned off once she opened her mouth! And I'm sure that happens all the time. She says she "made the choice not to date for awhile"....but I think it's because there are no QUALITY men dumb enough to want to waste their precious time on her when there are so many available truly beautiful women out there...women beautiful outside AND inside! Physical appearance fades, honey...but inner beauty is forever!!

As for the young women who is so fat-phobic:  I believe this is more a problem with her own terror of gaining weight more than actual hatred of obese people....and she did express a desire to change that....unlike Shenek, who thinks she's perfect and doesn't need to change.

Pity Shenek....by the time she figures out just how wrong she is, no one will want her because she will be old and ugly.   

May 14, 2008, 9:08 am CDT

You Are Not!!

I don't write about the show too often, but this one was a must. Who does this 'Shanique' think she is?? She literally makes me sick. She said that she chooses not to date right now. Whatever! Nobody will have her high and mighty a*&!! She really needs to be brought down a peg or two!! That is a major turn off. As a woman, the most handsome, wealthiest man in the world could want me, but if he had that attitude, I'd run the other way. Let me tell ya, I do not think she is attractive at all . And that was even before she opened her mouth. She better be careful. That attitude will bite her in the a*& one day. If she ever does find anyone to love her, she just might have ugly kids.  And I would bet that she just may grow old and die a very lonely person. Sad. Her loss, not ours.

As for the other , who can't stand to look at fat people, she's also missing out. Some of my best friends have been big. Although I could never hook up with an overweight man, that's just not my taste. But I do believe that people that are obese, have some sort of reason. If they don't actually have a physical condition that causes them to be, there is usually an underlying pshycological problem that causes them to eat that much. When I see someone overweight, I feel sorry for them because I know that their quality of life sucks. I would spend the day with a hundred big people than to spend  a minute with Shanique!!!!

May 14, 2008, 9:17 am CDT

No, i did not watch this show and I do not plan onwatching or reading it either, I strated tor ead it but then called it quits, not gonna waste my time. I may not be a size 4 but I am HOT!!! Why? because I am proud of the persont hat God has created me to be, I take care of myself and I am happy, I am happily married with the two greatest kids around, I have an education and I am active and besuides all that, my husband beleives I am hot and thatis all that matters to me and all that's imporatn, to be happy, fullfilled and looks at life witha  positive attitude.

Life isn't perfect for any one, EVERYONE hasd flaws and the self rigtheous people who beleive they have NO FLAWS, you are only fooling your selvs, teh pictures I saw were not pretty at tall, your attitdue sucks therefire you are ugly and need to get over your selves and go do something more productive than judiging others. Life is too precious and too short to judge and to think you were made toob e upon on pedatool to be worhsiipped YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have friends of various sizes, weight, and color and I love them, we click and are good friedns because we see each other for who one another is, no, none of us are perfect and we have our issues, but we love one another and we are happy people, too bad self righteous people think they are above the world but in reality...................................>Well, i won't go there.

May 14, 2008, 9:26 am CDT

interesting because I had some of the same thoughts.

Quote From: cndrlla

Wow.....I could easily spend time bashing these two women...(mostly Shenek)....but, I think anything I could say has already been said by other posters. My only comment is this:

Too bad Shenek is so shallow because she sure missed out on those gorgeous men who were totally turned off once she opened her mouth! And I'm sure that happens all the time. She says she "made the choice not to date for awhile"....but I think it's because there are no QUALITY men dumb enough to want to waste their precious time on her when there are so many available truly beautiful women out there...women beautiful outside AND inside! Physical appearance fades, honey...but inner beauty is forever!!

As for the young women who is so fat-phobic:  I believe this is more a problem with her own terror of gaining weight more than actual hatred of obese people....and she did express a desire to change that....unlike Shenek, who thinks she's perfect and doesn't need to change.

Pity Shenek....by the time she figures out just how wrong she is, no one will want her because she will be old and ugly.   

I was just starting a post which I decided to reword when I came upon your post.  You hit on alot of what I want to say.  First of all, with Michelle, I too believe that she has a fear of gaining weight and that her avoidance of heavy people reflects this fear.  But her fear does not give her the right to mistreat heavy peoplewhich is exactly what she is doing.

Shenek, well, this shallow-as-a-dried-up-pond chick will be easy for anyone with half a brain to figure out because her lack of beauty on the inside comes out the second she opens up her nasty mouth. I predict a lonely future ahead for her if she does not change her ways. She will have no friends nor dates if she continues in this vain.

May 14, 2008, 9:26 am CDT

To the two men crying about the Chinese restaurant incident:  Get over it!! Quit looking for free money....any attorney who would take this case would be a shyster anyway. There are plenty of other places to eat.

The mother of the three daughters who are obsessed with designer clothes: Granted, our kids are hit with media pressure every day to buy this crap; the message is if you aren't wearing something with these labels on it you aren't as good as someone who is.....here's a suggestion: go to the consignment stores that sell these clothes used.......there are a whole lot of spoiled kids out there whose rich parents buy them all these designer things that they don't even wear half the time, and they wind up in these shops...you can often find them with the tags still on them! 

And here's a thought: Just say NO!!

I remember well two things my mother used to say to me if I was dumb enough to ask for something outrageous: #1: "People in hell want ice water, too!"  #2: Have you fallen OUT of a tree ON YOUR HEAD?" Worked with me; worked with my kids.

Either of those was pretty much all that had to be said. 

May 14, 2008, 9:27 am CDT

yea,

Quote From: 3boysrus

I decided today that  I was not going to watch the show this afternoon after reading my devotion for today. Why give it my time.  Psalm 139:13-14  says,"You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that ful well."  God made me, he made you, he made everyone. He gave people their gifts, abilities, and talents.  I may not have been blessed with "Miss America"  looks in the worlds eyes, however, I have my smile and when I use it people do not see a fake. "I am what I am."  Beauty will always be in the eyes of the beholder. I wonder if Shenek would be willing to reappear on the show so we could all see the real Shenek without makeup and without a $$$$ hairstyle.

I pray that Shenek's life will have no tragedies that will alter her appearance.  But, mostly I pray that she will alter her own "appearance."

i think it should have been required to come to the show without the make over LOLLLLLLLLL. I don't wear much make up, I don't need to because I am not out to please any one, I know who created me and I am prefect in HIS eyes as well as my hubby's eyes so who cares what others think, Taking care of one self is imporant and even those who do have issues with being over weight or whatever the issue might be, still deserve to be respected and encouraged, not put down and made to beleive they are scum. those who treat others like scum will eventually lose, cause rememebr what goes around comes around, Many people die lonely, would hate to  hear about these self righteous people on the show years down the line, and how do they treat familly? I know by experience that when one is mistreated tthat eventually the one DOING the mistreating will be the loser in the end, I walked a way from an abusive family and now they are missing out on my wonderful life as well as my children's lives. as I said beofre life is good for those who are happy and respect others and living life as God had planned they  wil be the ones with the positive out come, and it will have nothing to do with looks.

May 14, 2008, 9:33 am CDT

one more from my parents:

Quote From: cndrlla

To the two men crying about the Chinese restaurant incident:  Get over it!! Quit looking for free money....any attorney who would take this case would be a shyster anyway. There are plenty of other places to eat.

The mother of the three daughters who are obsessed with designer clothes: Granted, our kids are hit with media pressure every day to buy this crap; the message is if you aren't wearing something with these labels on it you aren't as good as someone who is.....here's a suggestion: go to the consignment stores that sell these clothes used.......there are a whole lot of spoiled kids out there whose rich parents buy them all these designer things that they don't even wear half the time, and they wind up in these shops...you can often find them with the tags still on them! 

And here's a thought: Just say NO!!

I remember well two things my mother used to say to me if I was dumb enough to ask for something outrageous: #1: "People in hell want ice water, too!"  #2: Have you fallen OUT of a tree ON YOUR HEAD?" Worked with me; worked with my kids.

Either of those was pretty much all that had to be said. 

RE: the spoiled little girls who want designer clothes:  I can add one to the list that MY parents said:  If you want it go get a job and EARN it!!!!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last