Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Beach Body Bootcamp

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:26:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/23/08) It can make your heart race, cause major stress and make you scream in horror … Ladies, you know all about the pain of bathing suit season! Well, summer is almost here – why not solve the two-piece trauma once and for all? With the help of The Ultimate Weight Solution, Margie, Kay and Wendi lost a combined total of 353 pounds and 32 sizes! Don’t miss their amazing results! Then, Robin recruits five women for a beach body makeover, and you won’t believe their results -- in just four weeks! Plus, don't miss a special product from Janet Harris, Robin's go-to gal for radiant skin. Next, Cindy is a mother of two who says her “stomach pudge” keeps her from going to the beach. She bravely models what some are calling the “miracle suit” that takes off inches the minute you put it on. And, Lin says her daughter-in-law, Rebecca, needs to back off when it comes to making comments about her weight. Rebecca says if she doesn’t stir things up, Lin will be overweight forever, but could her comments about her mother-in-law have an affect on her daughter? Plus, Jill despises her body so much, she hasn’t undressed in front of her husband, Don, in 15 years. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Jill! Plus,  all the beach-goers at homehave a chance to win an all-inclusive vacation in the Riviera Maya! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Trying to lose weight? Find advice and support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 17, 2008, 7:11 pm CDT

how do you get to rate??????

I am a single unemployed mom. I weigh more now than when I hadboth of my kids.  I have tried every diet. I have even written several times to Dr. Phil.  I guess hat I am totally alone.He has to many others applying.  I will just have o be strong enough to do it on my own.  I am sooooo desperite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 17, 2008, 10:19 pm CDT

my life is a mess

Dear Dr. Phil , I have been over weight all my life. I weigh 215 right now and I am on high blood pressure medicine. Right now my blood pressure is unstable even with my medicine. I am a single mom, my daughters have been living with my parents the past four years and i have been living with them the past three years. I would go into that but thats a whole nother show.I'm one of those people who uses food for comfort, when I feel stressed I eat and I eat to hide my emotions. I can't tell people how I feel because I don't want to hurt anyone. I have met someone , but we are far apart . He is stationed in Hawaii. I my doctor wants me to lose the weight to control my blood pressure. I can't afford to go to the gym , My job isn't the best. My knees hurt and my ankles are swollen by the time I get off work. I want to be around for the guy I met and who loves me and I want to be around for my children. My two son's are in the military and my oldest son is stationed in Iraq right now. I would love to do him proud to have a mom thats not fat. Please help me Dr. Phil. Oh the medication I'm on is HCTZ 25mg. My blood pressure has been up to 171/110. Like I said I have a lot going on in my life and it could make a good story. I hope to hear back from you , Susan Hall

May 18, 2008, 10:30 am CDT

JOIN THE CLUB

Secretly I wish I could be in the group with Robin to get fit & lose weight.

I was always the skinny kid. I could eat anything & everything so I did & I love good food.

Then came the 40's club & the doctor kept saying "you are a woman at that age" excuse.

Add an injury & surgery. Not to mention STRESS. I am over weight enough to impact my health and my self esteem but not enough to get my doctor to take me serious.

Dr. Phil scares me to death but I sure would be willing to get help. I do know that I need it.

May 18, 2008, 9:25 pm CDT

Overweight

I am 64 years old and would love to lose my weight...  I retired and sise then I have really put the weight on.I look at myself in the mirror and I hate what I see but no matter what I do I can not seem to shed the weight....I am not what they call a big eater ...I guess I just do not eat the right foods.....I have no friends to help me as a support group and my biggest hang up is my husband alwys on my case about eating all the time...he has cancer and they removed his voice box and therefore his being able to eat and swallow food is very different from him.....I want to lose this so as to let him know I can do this....I just need a little help or suggestions....We live in a very small town and I can not afford to go to a gym and we only have a limited income Social Security...do not have a video because I do not have a camera.......Thank you Diamonddust

May 18, 2008, 9:47 pm CDT

Support is aways good

I am going to be 29 this coming July. I have been up and down on my weight sents I was a little girl. Now I'm not as heavy as other people.(About 35lbs over) To be able to have a friend or a group of people that are in the same postion that I am. Would be a great way to be able to challenge your self and give the support to the others around you when they feel stuck. Now I understand everyone always has a so much to do everyday. But there is always that 30mins to 1 hour of time in a day, we can come together to do a little work out. Please post any new information of groups that are going to meet. I can't wait to see the show this week.

Support is good.

May 19, 2008, 3:53 am CDT

hopeful in louisiana

I quit smoking almost 10 months ago, 08/08/07 will be a year.  I sleep all the time and  I put on the weight  of  40 lbs.  I don't want to be over weight and have health problems. And I will not be a smoker to lose weight.  My husband quit smoking 2 months ago.  We both need a exercise program, we enjoy walking together but the weight is still there.  What is your challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2008, 4:39 am CDT

I've lost the weight but have an overhanging belly

I used to weigh 200# and now I'm at  155.  I look really good with clothes on and  actually I've been too cheap to buy new clothes like jeans because i can always tighten up my belt to keep my pants on because I'm still losing weight.  The thing that really bothers me is that I have this pendulous overhanging belly from when I had my children.  It is stretched out skin and no amount of exercise will make it go away.  Being overweight didn't help either because it helped keep the skin stretched. 

Now the skin underneath gets red, raw and irritated and I have to keep it very clean and dry.  On very hot days I will have to take at least 2 baths or showers a day and then put baby powder under my belly to keep it dry or the skin underneath will start to break down.  It is so frustrating. 

I have just gotten to when I wear a swim suit in public I alway wear a pair of swim shorts with them.  They hide my over lapping belly even when wet and dry quickly and avoid the embarrassment.

I would love to be able to have plastic surgery to repair this problem but we just cannot afford it.  We just don't have the money so I just have to live with the yeast rashes, raw areas, and boils that  pop up from time to time.

Missyk10

May 19, 2008, 2:33 pm CDT

05/23 Dr. Phil's Beach Body Bootcamp

I've got no problem finding reasonably-priced bottoms that fit. A small usually fits fine. But, the tops are  another story. Most, even in extra-large, are made for B-cup breasts. Come on, swimsiut manufacturers. And, make some D-cup tops that don't cost an arm-and-a-leg. I shouldn't have to pay through the nose to cover my boobs.

May 19, 2008, 5:06 pm CDT

dumped for not fitting into a bathing suit

my husband just dumped me after 6 yrs of marriage and a soon to be 4 year old daughter bc he is embarrased of the way I look.  He won't go out with me in public let alone to an area where a bathing suit is required.  He thinks I am fat, flabby, old and not interested in making a change. Unfortunately none of that is true.  I am desperate to go back to my prepregnancy body that although might not have been perfect, at least I got to go to the beach and wear a bikini!!! How on earth do people get so lucky as to get a make over? it seems like in Miami, which is the capital of beaches, we never get these opportunities! HELP

May 20, 2008, 10:24 am CDT

05/23 Dr. Phil's Beach Body Bootcamp

Quote From: made1024

my husband just dumped me after 6 yrs of marriage and a soon to be 4 year old daughter bc he is embarrased of the way I look.  He won't go out with me in public let alone to an area where a bathing suit is required.  He thinks I am fat, flabby, old and not interested in making a change. Unfortunately none of that is true.  I am desperate to go back to my prepregnancy body that although might not have been perfect, at least I got to go to the beach and wear a bikini!!! How on earth do people get so lucky as to get a make over? it seems like in Miami, which is the capital of beaches, we never get these opportunities! HELP
Get back to your pre-pregnancy weight, get yourself a new man, and watch your ex-hubby eat his heart out!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last