Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Beach Body Bootcamp

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:26:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/23/08) It can make your heart race, cause major stress and make you scream in horror … Ladies, you know all about the pain of bathing suit season! Well, summer is almost here – why not solve the two-piece trauma once and for all? With the help of The Ultimate Weight Solution, Margie, Kay and Wendi lost a combined total of 353 pounds and 32 sizes! Don’t miss their amazing results! Then, Robin recruits five women for a beach body makeover, and you won’t believe their results -- in just four weeks! Plus, don't miss a special product from Janet Harris, Robin's go-to gal for radiant skin. Next, Cindy is a mother of two who says her “stomach pudge” keeps her from going to the beach. She bravely models what some are calling the “miracle suit” that takes off inches the minute you put it on. And, Lin says her daughter-in-law, Rebecca, needs to back off when it comes to making comments about her weight. Rebecca says if she doesn’t stir things up, Lin will be overweight forever, but could her comments about her mother-in-law have an affect on her daughter? Plus, Jill despises her body so much, she hasn’t undressed in front of her husband, Don, in 15 years. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Jill! Plus,  all the beach-goers at homehave a chance to win an all-inclusive vacation in the Riviera Maya! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Trying to lose weight? Find advice and support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 21, 2008, 12:54 pm CDT

shallow!!!!!!

Quote From: made1024

my husband just dumped me after 6 yrs of marriage and a soon to be 4 year old daughter bc he is embarrased of the way I look.  He won't go out with me in public let alone to an area where a bathing suit is required.  He thinks I am fat, flabby, old and not interested in making a change. Unfortunately none of that is true.  I am desperate to go back to my prepregnancy body that although might not have been perfect, at least I got to go to the beach and wear a bikini!!! How on earth do people get so lucky as to get a make over? it seems like in Miami, which is the capital of beaches, we never get these opportunities! HELP

He sounds very shallow. You deserve better. Does he not understand that your body changed because you bore HIS child? He is not the one who carried the child for 9 months...if he was, HIS body would have changed and HE would be the one struggling to get back the way he had been. 

If you are looking to shape up, do it only for YOU, not for him. And like that other poster said, find someone with better values who will appreciate you for who you are. 

May 22, 2008, 3:47 pm CDT

beach body bootcamp

so i am 23 200+ pounds and desperate, i have been with my husband for 5 years but been married for two this september, i have a back disorder where my disc are desinagrating and sooner or later if i dont loose my weight it will just get worse, i have already lost 35 pounds by doing nothing i think its from the vicodin i have been taking for my back pain so i can take care of my two year old son. they sent me to physical therapy and that didnt work they tell me to work out and that just causes the pain to be worse so i give up i dont know what else to do. the only time i can work out is in the morning but i am one of those people who needs someone to work out with dont ask me why?.. my husband says hes going to workout with me and go on a diet with me but one he says that he cant wake up that early and two.... i dont know i think i use him as a excuse not to do it, its just in my neighborhood you cant walk around the block by yourself cause you will get mugged, or a dog will come and attack you its crazy and with only one income i cant afford to go to a gym..so please help what do i do?

jamie

May 22, 2008, 11:08 pm CDT

05/23 Dr. Phil's Beach Body Bootcamp

Quote From: missyk10

I used to weigh 200# and now I'm at  155.  I look really good with clothes on and  actually I've been too cheap to buy new clothes like jeans because i can always tighten up my belt to keep my pants on because I'm still losing weight.  The thing that really bothers me is that I have this pendulous overhanging belly from when I had my children.  It is stretched out skin and no amount of exercise will make it go away.  Being overweight didn't help either because it helped keep the skin stretched. 

Now the skin underneath gets red, raw and irritated and I have to keep it very clean and dry.  On very hot days I will have to take at least 2 baths or showers a day and then put baby powder under my belly to keep it dry or the skin underneath will start to break down.  It is so frustrating. 

I have just gotten to when I wear a swim suit in public I alway wear a pair of swim shorts with them.  They hide my over lapping belly even when wet and dry quickly and avoid the embarrassment.

I would love to be able to have plastic surgery to repair this problem but we just cannot afford it.  We just don't have the money so I just have to live with the yeast rashes, raw areas, and boils that  pop up from time to time.

Missyk10

Do you have health insurance? You should talk to them or talk to a Dr and have the Dr talk to your insurance....if it is shown that it is really causing rashes and boils then they might help cover some of the cost.

It's worth looking into....health insurance doesn't advertise covering these things....but they often do cover more than you might thing...

May 22, 2008, 11:10 pm CDT

my husband just dumped me after 6 yrs of marriage and a soon to be 4 year old daughter bc he is embarrased of the way I look.  He won't go out with me in public let alone to an area where a bathing suit is required.  He thinks I am fat, flabby, old and not interested in making a change. Unfortunately none of that is true.  I am desperate to go back to my prepregnancy body that although might not have been perfect, at least I got to go to the beach and wear a bikini!!! How on earth do people get so lucky as to get a make over? it seems like in Miami, which is the capital of beaches, we never get these opportunities! HELP
I don't think you need a make over....that is so far beyond the least of your problems...are you trying to win this loser back?

May 23, 2008, 6:29 am CDT

Quote From: elvirahall

Because of a fractured ankle (recently had MRI that revealed the problem) and possibly two fractured ankles, I am in DESPERATE need of loosing weight.  I feel that someone at your Bootcamp will know how to wrap my ankles and allow my continued mobility.  My doctor (whom I love) doesn't recommend surgery at my age (63).  I am still an active person and refuse to just take a rocking chair.  HELP.

Physical trainer.  The answer to your problem is a physical trainer.  I suspect you need to begin in a pool.  Your ankle needs to heal, and be spared from weight bearing exercise.

May 23, 2008, 6:39 am CDT

Quote From: diamond_st

For years I was thin, after an overweight teen misery.  Gained some weight after a hysterectomy, but that came off and I was even thinner.  Then I had a spinal fusion, a hip replacement, and a knee replacement, and now my stomach makes me look like I am 9 months pregnamt.  There aren't a lot of exercises I can do anymore.  I would love to have some help getting this belly to disappear once more, as I always had a flat stomach, but this is ridiculous!

I couldn't even get on the Biggest Loser show because I have arthritis, high blood pressure, and asthma...so they are no help at all.  Of course, I couldn't do those things they have to do either...I am 70 years old, but still would love to go swimming again.

Thanks

A swimming pool is not the enemy.  It is your friend.  It is a great place for water aerobics . . .

May 23, 2008, 6:45 am CDT

If you did not have this ridiculous idea that you had been dumped, you would think you were well rid of him.   He is not fun. 

(I feel like Mammy in Gone with the Wind.  "You done had a baby, Miss Scarlett.  You ain't never gonna be no 18 and a half inches again, never.")

May 23, 2008, 8:44 am CDT

my husband just dumped me after 6 yrs of marriage and a soon to be 4 year old daughter bc he is embarrased of the way I look. He won't go out with me in public let alone to an area where a bathing suit is required. He thinks I am fat, flabby, old and not interested in making a change. Unfortunately none of that is true. I am desperate to go back to my prepregnancy body that although might not have been perfect, at least I got to go to the beach and wear a bikini!!! How on earth do people get so lucky as to get a make over? it seems like in Miami, which is the capital of beaches, we never get these opportunities! HELP
Your husband was a bag of s***.  Consider him leaving you a gift.   I've bee married to the same man for 15yrs.  I don't have my young hot body any more either.  However he always tells me I'm still hot and beautiful and how he's so lucky to be married to me.   Find a man like that.  They're out there.  Settling for less keeps yourself esteem in the dirt.   It you don't feel you deserve better you will never have better.  I suspect that's why you stayed with such an insensitive boob in the first place.  You should have left HIM, not the other way around.  Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, stop feeling sorry for yourself, get healthy and happy and get back into the race.  There's a better man out there looking for YOU.

May 23, 2008, 9:11 am CDT

Quote From: mrslees06

so i am 23 200+ pounds and desperate, i have been with my husband for 5 years but been married for two this september, i have a back disorder where my disc are desinagrating and sooner or later if i dont loose my weight it will just get worse, i have already lost 35 pounds by doing nothing i think its from the vicodin i have been taking for my back pain so i can take care of my two year old son. they sent me to physical therapy and that didnt work they tell me to work out and that just causes the pain to be worse so i give up i dont know what else to do. the only time i can work out is in the morning but i am one of those people who needs someone to work out with dont ask me why?.. my husband says hes going to workout with me and go on a diet with me but one he says that he cant wake up that early and two.... i dont know i think i use him as a excuse not to do it, its just in my neighborhood you cant walk around the block by yourself cause you will get mugged, or a dog will come and attack you its crazy and with only one income i cant afford to go to a gym..so please help what do i do?

jamie

Holy cow Jamie.  I've never seen so many excuses for not doing the right thng before.   You sound depressed and I'm guessing this is what is bringing on all the excuses.   Why didn't physical therapy work?  Did it not help you or did you just give up because it hurt?  If it was recommended that you work out you need to continue.    I used to have tendenitis for almost 2yrs.   It was debilitating.  I couldn't work, sleep, play,even pick up a glass with my right hand.  I did all method of treatments, cortizone shots, acupunture, etc.   Finally I said to myself, what if I start doing physical therapy on it?  No doctor suggested It I just thought, "Would it work"?  Either it's going to get worse, get better or stay the same.  I had to find out. So off to a gym I went.  It hurt, but I did it anyway.  I started noticing relief in the evenings, my elbow did't throb.  After about 6mo's of lifting light weights, 4 days a week it was gone.   I've been painfree for many years now.    If you can't afford a gym membership, by a cheap workout tape $3-$10 and small hand weights from Walmart and begin at home.  Ask your doctor what exercises would be best for your situation.   Sit in a dining chair  in front of your TV and get started.   Start counting calories and take in no more than 1500 a day.   Stay the course and things will change.   If you cheat  (everyone does), don't beat yourself up about it, move on and get back on track the next meal.  Remember Jamie, doing nothing will get you the same results you've aways gotten.   Best of luck to you.  Please get moving for the sake of your own survival AND happiness.  Don't depend on your husband.   Depend only on yourself.  You CAN do it.

May 23, 2008, 9:20 am CDT

Quote From: juliebgg

He sounds very shallow. You deserve better. Does he not understand that your body changed because you bore HIS child? He is not the one who carried the child for 9 months...if he was, HIS body would have changed and HE would be the one struggling to get back the way he had been. 

If you are looking to shape up, do it only for YOU, not for him. And like that other poster said, find someone with better values who will appreciate you for who you are. 

He understands plenty.  I'm guessing this numptys no prize either, but like a lot of men he thinks he should have a Pam Anderson.  Naturally these woman wouldn't even look at these guys, but alas that's what they think they're supposed to have, because that's what they see on TV. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last