Message Boards

Topic : 07/27 Debate Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 22
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, July 24, 2005, 03:33:46 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Viewers take on Dr. Phil! One guest says she could just “thump” Dr. Phil over the head. She wants to know, what was he thinking when he advised the wife of the cheating doctor? Another guest is a self-proclaimed stage parent who thinks Dr. Phil painted a terrible picture of showbiz kids. And, a sex therapist who can’t believe what Dr. Phil tells married couples about threesomes, and another woman who accuses him of being too hard on psychics. Who’s right, who’s wrong, and who’s not listening? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 27, 2005, 9:27 am CDT

BOUNDARIES

THANKS DR. PHIL

PEOPLE COME ON DR PHIL IS RIGHT

SOME ONE PLEASE LETS START TEACHING BOUNDARIES AGAIN....

CARLIE

July 27, 2005, 12:38 pm CDT

I think Dr. Phil is right

I think Dr. Phil has been right in all of his guests that these people are debating. I got news for that supposedly other therapist that there is no way I would bring a third party into my life for sex. Unfortunately sex in a relationship or marriage is not the top priority of life. When you are married the top priority is respecting each other and truly loving each other and if you have to put such an emphasis on sex in your married life than I think a true form of love is lacking in your relationship. I disagree with all of these women who are debating Dr. Phil. I think they all need to get a clue as too what Dr. Phil is about. He is very straightforward with all of his guests that he tries to help and does not pull any punches. I have a friend who has been in a volatile marriage and has left her husband three times and has gone back every time. I agree with Dr. Phil wholeheartedly with Dr. Phil. I don't take it upon myself as a friend to my friend to say well you have to leave him, that is not my position and not my right to push on her. I support her decision to stay with him but I will always be here for her when she needs me to talk to or to help get out again but I am not going to tell her to divorce him that is not what a friend or anyone for that matter should do. DR. PHIL YOU ARE RIGHT ON WITH YOUR ADVICE AND YOUR ANSWERS TO HELP PEOPLE. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT ANY OF THESE LADIES HAS WATCHED YOUR SHOW ALL THE WAY THROUGH OR HAVE WATCHED IT ON A DAILY BASIS. THANK YOU DR. PHIL, I HAVE TO SAY THAT BECAUSE LAST YEAR IN SPRING I WAS IN AN IMPOSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP AND LOST MY SELF IN IT SOMEWHERE BY CHANGING MY PERSONALITY BECAUSE I WOULDN'T STAND UP TO THE GUY WHO WAS EXPLOSIVE AND COULD NOT EVEN TELL THE TRUTH AND ADMIT TOO HOW HE BADGERED BOTH OF MY KIDS ALONG WITH ME AND WATCHING YOU WOKE ME UP AND I MOVED BACK TO THE HOUSE THAT MY LATE HUSBAND AND I WERE RAISING OUR KIDS IN. I SAY KEEP UP THE GOOD ADVICE.

July 27, 2005, 12:39 pm CDT

Threes company

To all of the people that do not agree with the swinging lifestyle: why do you care what people do in the privacy in their own bedrooms? You are only afraid of the things which you do not understand. Every individual is different and what they do in their own time is no business of yours. I am sure that there are lots of secrets within every family, whether it be a traditional, religous type home, or in a relationship where the people have chosen an alternative lifestyle, no one is perfect. If the people involved in swinging are both happy and consenting, then i see no problem.

July 27, 2005, 12:49 pm CDT

swingers

The sex therapist on the show today really made me angry. How can she yell at Dr. Phil for giving people his opinion. Personal or Professional when people come on the show for help that's what they are going to get. It's what should be expected from anyone therapist or Dr. Phill. When you ask for help you get an opinion.

July 27, 2005, 12:59 pm CDT

People only

want to be on the Dr. Phil show by commenting on previous shows! I am referring to the show of July 27, 2005. Once they got on the show, well that's not what I meant.. but I do agree with you!! Come on folks.. stop trying to use the excuses of you NOT agreeing with what he said on a previous show to get your "SPOT LIGHT" on his show!!

TMartin,,,

:-)

July 27, 2005, 1:25 pm CDT

If they're so happy?

If they're so happy why are they in therepy? the "doctor" said she has seen MANY HAPPY people (swingers) in therepy. I can't beleive Dr Phil did not catch that. I didn't know happy people needed therepy!

July 27, 2005, 1:46 pm CDT

"Happy" Swingers?

Sure, these swingers may seem "happy" now. But, just how "happy" will they be once they've contracted an STD from all their "swinging"? A possibility I'll bet has never occurred to that pseudo "therapist" Robyn.  By attempting to "debate" Dr Phil, she made a colossal fool of herself.

July 27, 2005, 2:02 pm CDT

Psychics

Dr. Phil had a very good point about "psychics" who pray on the suffering and weak.  It is very true that scams abound with people wanting an easy buck, regardless of who their hurt in the process.  I would simply like to emphasize that there ARE true mediums, and there are many.  Many do charge for their services, so you have to be careful that you are not simply projecting your desire for answers onto the person you pay.  True mediums understand that people are skeptical and wary - most will meet and talk with you sans pay until you are comfortable.  Most mediums, however, aren't in the lime light - they lead ordinary lives and often help out the local police stations.  I have a very good family friend who is retired patrol and can attest to the numerous times that his station utilized the skills of psychics. 

My point, mediums are real people with special gifts.  They aren't gypsy witches or any such rubish, but ordinary people leading ordinary lives often just trying to help people out when they can.

But beware of the scammers.

July 27, 2005, 2:03 pm CDT

if you are gonna debate dr Phil...

these people are very annoying it is like they only watched the first 2 minutes of the show and then make these opinions and then tell dr phil he is "way off" and his advise is "mumbo jumbo" and then they get on they stage and you cant even tell what their point is! Its like did you even watch the show?  Like the sex therapist tell him his opinion is wrong but hers is right? or the lady sitting at home yelling at the tv telling the wife she should dump her cheating dr husband, oh that is much better than trying to work somthing out, the wife did not go there for advise on breaking up her family she was trying to save her marriage I know things look more black and white when you are sitting at home watching it on tv and opinions are very easy to give when it has nothing to do with your own life but these people should have a concrete helpful opinion on these topics instead of aruging over how dr phill worded statements or advise he gave. I mean if I was going to to debate dr Phill for pete's sake I think I would make sure I had a firm leg to stand on first instead of debating his choice of wording or that he didnt tell someone to dump her husband l  I think dr phil always has completly educated, researched, and good advise, I just think some of the people that debate him sometimes are not paying attention to what is really going on and dont see the whole picture. You go Dr Phil I think you give great advise and help to everyone that is on your show

July 27, 2005, 2:06 pm CDT

Dr. Phil...I've got your back!

It is my opinion that no one on today's shows made their point.  Dr. Phil stuck their noses right in the dirt!  Neither of them were even paying attention to what Dr. Phil had said.  Especially the women who just say up there and said they agreed with what he was saying!  HELLO!?  Why are you up there again?  The women on today's show made complete fools of themselves and in no way made sense of their arguments.  Remember that his comments are just his opinions , and the people who come on the show are there because they WANT his opinions!  So who are these people to say what he is saying is wrong?  JUST OPINIONS people!  Get over yourselves!  And this of course, is just MY OPINION!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last