Message Boards

Topic : 07/15 Is There a Predator in the House?

Number of Replies: 282
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 10, 2008, 12:12:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
As a parent, you’re likely to be concerned about sexual predators who could potentially gain access to your child. But what if you suspected a child molester were living under the same roof as your child or grandchild? Dr. Phil tackles the stories of two concerned moms. Donna became suspicious when her daughter, Dianna, started living with Scott, a registered sex offender. Donna claims her 3-year-old grandson started having nightmares, screaming out, "Stop, Scott!" so she called Child Protective Services. Dianna says her mom is lying and that her mother just wants Scott out of the picture. Are Donna’s concerns justified? Because of his criminal record, is any child with whom Scott lives at risk? Then, follow the heart-wrenching tale of a mother torn between the two people she loves most. Maryl’s 13-year-old daughter accused her stepfather of sexually abusing her. Maryl chose to believe her husband, called her daughter a pathological liar and sent her to live in foster care. Now, she wonders if she has made the biggest mistake of her life. Find out what has Maryl now convinced that her daughter’s stories of abuse were true, and decide for yourself: Who’s lying? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 11, 2008, 12:26 pm CDT

DoctorPhil Show.

A Doctor House In Is Phil Predator The There?   Here we go again. Another round of predator. When will it-

all end? I.wish I knew. See you on Tuesday July 15th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------

July 12, 2008, 10:20 am CDT

Predator in the House

Any time a child accuses a parent or stepparent of sexual abuse, I believe the other parent should believe  the child., especially the mother. We bring children into this world and it is our obligation to protect that child until he or she is old enough to protect themselves. A woman who chooses a husband over her child doesn't deserve to be a mother, in my opinion.

July 12, 2008, 10:23 am CDT

NEVER TRUST a SEX offender

My X of 30 yrs molested my 4yr old grand daughter..I had him arrested. Of course he swore that was the first time...his family held secrets about him....they knew of his interset in children when he was a teen. Did any of them enlighten me? NO..

Do you have any idea how EVIL that was?...Now my adult daughter & son feels he was capable of molesting them when they were  young children....In my gut I fear they could be correct...

Now his family has disowned him and I as well..and our adult children. None of his family will have anything to do with any of us. Yet we hadn't any idea he was capable of abusing our grand child....possible others along his path into adulthood..scary to think about because he grew up on the same street as a community play ground. I had also heard stories from his family about some really nice neighbors, that had moved next door them, they had a little girl. They moved without ever telling anyone why.....Hmmm..makes me wonder more.

DRose

July 12, 2008, 10:27 am CDT

Why choose a man over your daugher?

Before I would have thrown my own daughter out of the house I would have had the husband removed until I was sure who was telling the truth.  Maryl should have paid to have a lie detector test to determine if indeed her husband was telling the truth or was a pedofile.  Instead she choose to insult her daughter and call her a liar and remove her from the home.  Because of this her daughter is scarred and may not want to have anything more to do with her mother who refused to protect her.    I can't understand these women who choose the perverted men over their daughter.  It is supposed to be a natural instinct to protect your young.  Maryl is lacking this. 

July 12, 2008, 11:33 am CDT

Pedifiles in the home

Dr. Phil,

I see on an upcoming show you have a story about a stepfather molesting his daughter.  The mother should always believe the child first and then check it out.  My 10 year old adopted daughter  told that her adopted father was molesting her and had been for 3 years.  I immediately took her to the police and reported it.  I only asked her a few questions as I did not want to put anything in her head.  Children seldom lie about such things.  When I turned him in, he committed suicide.  It doesn't matter how much money, what they do for a living or how nice they seem to be.  He was a retired police officer and I thought he really loved our daughter.  In actuality it was his granddaughter.  I found out after he died he had sexually abused both of his daughters and god only knows how many other children as he worked for a few years in juvinele services.  Never dismiss your child as not telling the truth.  She will soon be 17 and even after years of therapy still is messed up.  I recently sent her to live with her biological sister as I could not have her in the home.  She stole credit cards, the car and ran away and did not see that she had done anything wrong.  I had her stay with a friend of mine who really thought I was being too hard on her but then she does another stunt and  she could not go back there. She said."it was just a teenage thing" but it was a felony.  I told her I loved her but she could not live with me as I am 67 and never knew when I left for an hour what would happen.  She doesn't seem to connect really with anyone. She says she loves someone she has barely met and the same with family and friends.  She uses lip service and acts like she is sorry but turns around and does the same things in a day or two.  She was in a school for troubled teens for 1 year and did well for about a year after that but just wants to be on her own even though she doesn't use good judgement. 

I wished she would have told me sooner about the abuse and she could have got help sooner but of course there were threats by him that he would kill me or send her back to foster care. 

The first instinct should always believe your child and remove them from any further danger and investigate.  I was a social worker and talked to her about abuse and to tell me if anyone touched her inappropriately , no matter who it was to tell me.  As you can see it didn't help.

Sharon

July 12, 2008, 11:46 am CDT

predator in the house

Quote From: hpmx59

A Doctor House In Is Phil Predator The There?   Here we go again. Another round of predator. When will it-

all end? I.wish I knew. See you on Tuesday July 15th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------

Don't we all wish it will end ? The truth of the matter is ............... unfortunately  t will not! We have to take precauitionary measure to protect the children and children are not likely to lie about something like being molested unless there is a custody battle and one parent or the other puts them up to it as some have been known to do and even then that can be determined too.

Children are precious and they are our future , don't allow sick people to harm them! Also, anyone who hates hearing about it .............shut off your TV  and you don't need to read any of these posts either!!  It is all very simple you know!!

July 12, 2008, 12:34 pm CDT

They can never be trusted with children

Hi,

Anybody who is a registered sex offender can never be trusted with children ever again. that is my opinion having been sexually abused from infant to age 16 from my experience i confronted my abusers and they accused me, threatened my life , threatened my own children's lives the list goes on.

Until the offender has totally rehabilitated they just can't be trusted. The most dangerous predators are the ones we don't know about the ones who have not been prosecuted and there are many all over the world when will people take children seriously?. i don't mean rip the children away from the home to go into care but listen to them. Why on earth would children make something like that up?believe it or not if the abuser is a parent the child is still loyal to that parent (I was) this may seem sick but it's true. A child will love it's caregiver unconditionally always want to please the caregiver why would a child put it's own life in jeopardy just because they would not all the child wants is the abuse to stop. Even when the child is a teen again why would a teen want to become homeless by choice the danger for them is speaking out because the teen knows the life they have would come to an end and that is devastating.

I praise the young lady for speaking out such a pity nobody listened. Once again the victim was turned into the abuser as always. Children whatever age are not our enemy  The abusers are.

July 12, 2008, 12:46 pm CDT

IS THERE A PREDATOR IN THE HOUSE?

OMG, why would any mother send her child to live in a foster home without checking out the facts that her

stepfather MAY have very well sexually abused the child.  I know how it feels to be sexually (raped) taken advantage of....I am also the parent of a daughter that was sexually molested for a year before I even found out.  I had my suspicions of my daughter being molested and repeatedly asked her and the allegations were always denied by my daughter.  When the truth did finally come out a year later, she finally told me that the molestor threatened to harm her if she told.  That is what most predators and molestors do to these children.  Luckily, the man (and I use that word loosely) that not only molested my daughter but 5 other girls at the time was convicted.  He served 10 years of his 120 yr prison term and was released with 3 yrs probation.  He is now living a free life while these innocent girls are emotionally destroyed for the rest of their lives.  That mom needs to take a good look at her life and understand that her child comes FIRST at all times.  You can find another man but you'll have your children forever, no matter how old they are!!!

If the allegations are true against the young ladies stepfather, her mom should be accounted as guilty right along with him!

A Concerned Parent and Grandparent

July 12, 2008, 12:53 pm CDT

Need another kind of predator show

When are going to have that predator show letting America know that our children engaged in consensual sex is caught up under your strict sex offender laws.  The same convictions , punishments and limitations placed on real sexual predators are being placed on our children including making them register as sex offenders.  Some as young as 10 years old.  I am convinced that America would be shocked and appalled to know that a young person involved in consensual sex is now on the registry in their community.  With the scare tactics been laid on them the past 8 years, they truly believe they're being protected by all thats being done.  What they don't know is you added teen and children sexual activity as well as internet activity to be included in the law so you can enlarge the registry to make it look as though you all are really on the job.  When in fact  you rarely catch the kind of predator we expect to be on the list.  Simply because most predators are experienced, careful, and probably your average white collar personage, someone you trust.  Not some snot nosed young person ingaged in consensual sex.  You have chosen them because they are unsuspecting and easy prey.  You and Oprah both have helped to lead this terror campaign, along with the likes of John Walsh and Nancy Knuclehead -without taking time to see how these laws are being written and applied.
I too was molested by and uncle at an early age, but what did my boyfriend have to do with that?  When he met me i was already out there, sexually active, not having to lie about my age because i hung with his age group, so it's only natural to think i'm in his age group.  Why in the h___ would his life have to be ruined, by registering as a lifetime sex offender while old men like my uncle and Mike Foley go unpunised. 
 WAITING FOR THAT PREDATOR SHOW!

July 12, 2008, 1:23 pm CDT

MMM!

Quote From: enyadreams

Don't we all wish it will end ? The truth of the matter is ............... unfortunately  t will not! We have to take precauitionary measure to protect the children and children are not likely to lie about something like being molested unless there is a custody battle and one parent or the other puts them up to it as some have been known to do and even then that can be determined too.

Children are precious and they are our future , don't allow sick people to harm them! Also, anyone who hates hearing about it .............shut off your TV  and you don't need to read any of these posts either!!  It is all very simple you know!!

The point is not that we want to turn off the tv, it's just a lot of us realize now  (a little too late ) that being bombarded with Predatory and Nuclear Threatitus has it's own agenda and is not in the best interest of the people.  If you own a private prison or you're on the a-list to get some of the contracts from us being involved in a war, you're set.  But if by chance you're just a regular joe, you won't understand untill it's too late.  I love children and my country, but having experienced the unhidden truths to the 'The Predator Is Coming' Scare and having did some research on the subject and gotten a better idea of what is real and what is moneymaking !  I am indifferent to any more information on this subject from the media without some correction and truths.  Besides if you really want to protect children get involved in their lives and pay attention to them.  90% of the problem can be immproved tremendously that way, the other 10% will probably never change.  The experts know this but will never say it in a serious way because they would lose too much money.  Don't you realize it's all about the money and power?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last