Message Boards

Topic : 09/03 More Nasty Neighbors

Number of Replies: 141
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 29, 2008, 12:02:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Good fences make good neighbors, but Dr. Phil’s guests say no matter how high the fence, they can’t seem to end their vicious feud. Linda says Tamara is a menace to society and should be kicked out of their community. She says Tamara sent her harassing e-mails and threatened to kill her. Tamara says she’s the victim in this neighborhood war and is on the verge of losing her home because of Linda’s false accusations. She says Linda and her daughter, Holly, stalked her, tormented her family and spray painted the words “lying bitch” on her home. Then, Holly and Tamara's daughter, Jessica, join the fray. Jessica claims that she and her husband, Scott, are the victims of discrimination because he’s black, and she says they were harassed so much that they had to leave the community. Holly says that Jessica is the troublemaker and says she threatened to beat Linda over the head with a baseball bat. With all the finger-pointing, who’s telling the truth? Can Tamara and Linda bury the hatchet and move on before someone is forced to move out? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 30, 2008, 11:15 am CDT

nasty neighbors

NASTY NEIGHBORS AGAIN!

Hi Dr. Phil

Can't wait to Hear what you have to say about this one,  because I use to have a nasy neighbor living right beside me and I know what Linda is going through ,  but if I were her I would get the local police involve

because if her neighbor is threating her and her kids and sending her emails then the police should know about this.

I hope Dr. Phil that you can help this lady on what to do and to resolve the problem

SEE YOU ON WEDNESDAY AT 4:00pm

H Wilson

August 30, 2008, 4:15 pm CDT

Good Neighbours...

I am completely embarrassed for the people that are going to be on this show. I lived in a neighbourhood that I just recently moved from for 11 years. We had great neighbours for the most part. I think they were great because we stuck to driveway conversation. "How are you, How are the kids, What's new?" and didn't get tangled up in each other's lives. We did have one neighbour though who constantly threw wild parties and drank and did drugs. At the time my son was 11. Not the influence I want to have. I nicely requested that they not do drugs there and could they keep the parties to weekends as our yards were quite close. He refused to change anything. At that point I withdrew my conversation with him and dealt with it at the level of the by-laws and criminal laws applicable to our city. I never got into anything heated with him even though it was very tempting. It just didn't make sense. Anyone could have called the by-law officer and police as many people had complained. I kept my distance and was pleasant when I had to encounter him...Driveway chit chat....it's the way to go especially if you see differences that could turn into conflict.

August 30, 2008, 5:55 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor More Nasty Neighbors Phil/Robin. I hope that your neighborhood is not nasty at all. See your on W--

ednesday September 03rd, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------

August 31, 2008, 6:02 am CDT

Nasty neighbors

Don't people have anything better to do besides rag on their neighbors?  How pathetic those people are.

August 31, 2008, 5:55 pm CDT

09/03 More Nasty Neighbors

Hi ,

I live next to the neighbor from hell. He attacked my husband went after my son.  I have had nails in our tires, pellets in the side of our house and cars.He has been arrested 5 times , once for assault and twice for harassment and violating the no contact order. He puts bright lights on our house and plays loud music. He does anything he can to harass and provoke. We have are house for sale because we are concerned for our safety , he will not stop. And this started when my husband was mowing and dust blow into his yard! Can you believe it!!!

September 1, 2008, 7:54 am CDT

Nasty Neighbors

Hi Phil,

I HATE NEIGHBORS

I lived next to a nasty neighbor for years when I was younger. The cops were called so many times that they told us if we looked at each other or called one more time we would all be in jail. I can't wait for the show because this is nothing compared to what I went through

Bryn

September 1, 2008, 8:06 am CDT

Neighbors from hell

About 6 years ago, a family moved into the house directly across from mine in Castaic, California. Our neighborhood of about 12 homes at the top of a hill on a cul-de-sac was peaceful and happy, till this nutcase moved in. Almost immediately he began a campaign of terror, the first incident was when he came thundering out of his house, sceaming and cursing at the neighborhood kids (mine among them) for playing basketball too close to his beloved pickup truck, which he refused to park in his own driveway. We had a portable basketball hoop set up against the curb of the house next door to ours, which all the adults and kids were welcome to use. He took the ball away from my neighbor's 8 year old daughter and threatened to throw it down the street. He then slammed back into his house. That was our first run-in w/ him, but not the last. His wife and her two teenage kids, a boy about 15 and a girl about 17 (from a previous marriage, makes me wonder what kind of guy her first husband was!) were terrified of him. They never spoke to any of us, scurried in and out of the house, did yard work and washed his precious truck under his direct supervision. They were never out without him watching. He seemed to take a great interest in his step-daughter, a very pretty girl, if you get my meaning. He also screamed and cursed at my kids, my husband, the neighbors, for any "infraction" imaginable, like us standing outside talking to one another, like we had always done, being friendly neighbors as we were. When the people next door to him, a young couple with a baby, put in a swimming pool, it escalated to insanity. He was constantly complaining about the noise and dirt being generated by the pool construction, had a hissy-fit when they dismantled the block wall between the houses to allow the construction equipment into the back yard, and after the pool was finished, would come outside onto the deck off his second-floor bedroom to watch them swim and use the hot-tub. We had begun to report his behaviors to the LA County Sheriff, who came to take our statements but said there was little they could do about it. One deputy advised us neighbors to have a recording device handy, and to start recording his outbursts. So we did. One day, while I was in my garage doing laundry, and my 15 yr old son was sitting in the garage reading a magazine, he came out and started across the street, saying something to my son in a nasty, threatening tone. He could not see me, as my washer/dryer was behind some boxes. As he crossed the street and came onto my property, I emerged from behind the boxes with the camcorder I had begun to keep with me to record his outbursts. The look on his face when I came out with the camcorder filming him was priceless. There was no film in it, but he didn't know that. He stopped dead, looked scared and startled, and turned around and went back into his house. Later that evening his wife came over to my house, and begged me to stop harassing them (!) I was amazed. She wanted US to stop harassing THEM? I told her that I felt sorry for her and her kids, but that he was a bully and a tyrant, and we were not going to put up with it anymore. I also told her to grow some cajones and stop allowing herself and her kids to be abused by him, and that there was a good domestic violence shelter nearby if she wanted to get out. I also said that I was sure he was molesting her daughter, and if she didn't do something about it I would. She started crying, turned around and left. The neighbors next to him ended up putting their house up for sale to get away from him. My husband and I divorced in 2004 and I sold the house and moved away. I was back in Cali a couple of years ago and found out from my former neighbors that he had also moved away. I feel sorry for whoever are his neighbors now.

September 1, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

nasty neighbors

Quote From: sonjay658490

Hi ,

I live next to the neighbor from hell. He attacked my husband went after my son.  I have had nails in our tires, pellets in the side of our house and cars.He has been arrested 5 times , once for assault and twice for harassment and violating the no contact order. He puts bright lights on our house and plays loud music. He does anything he can to harass and provoke. We have are house for sale because we are concerned for our safety , he will not stop. And this started when my husband was mowing and dust blow into his yard! Can you believe it!!!

hi my name is Hannelore Wilson

Thank you for letting me read your email I know how you feel I had a nasty neighbor that would harrase me all the time.  Every time my  husband went to work in the morning my neighbor would start giving me a hard time and then would get the police involve and my neighbor next door his name is Allen Roberge would cause all the problem .

sorry to hear that you had to put your house up for sale, but I can't believe people would be that way!

jake_685@hotmail.com

September 1, 2008, 3:58 pm CDT

My Neighbors SUCK!

I live in a very snobby neighborhood. Most of my neighbors LIVE to gossip. Some of them have threatened to poison my dogs because they bark, some have thrown trash in my front yard and others have started rumors about my husband supposedly having an affair. I've confronted a few of them and told them that they need to grow up and get a life! Now I'm considered a" bitch" in our neighborhood, but I could care less. I only speak to the people around here that I like and ignore the rest of them. I have no problem telling the snotty, nosey ones where to go! This is my neighborhood too and I'll be damned if they think that I'm going to put up with their crap.

September 1, 2008, 9:12 pm CDT

more nasty neighbors

Quote From: divatudebabe

I live in a very snobby neighborhood. Most of my neighbors LIVE to gossip. Some of them have threatened to poison my dogs because they bark, some have thrown trash in my front yard and others have started rumors about my husband supposedly having an affair. I've confronted a few of them and told them that they need to grow up and get a life! Now I'm considered a" bitch" in our neighborhood, but I could care less. I only speak to the people around here that I like and ignore the rest of them. I have no problem telling the snotty, nosey ones where to go! This is my neighborhood too and I'll be damned if they think that I'm going to put up with their crap.

Thanks for letting me read your message

I know what your going through my neighbor was the same way with me.  I also have three dogs that barked and my neighbor would utter threats to harm my dogs he also threw  a bag of garabage in my   yard and also kicked my door in for no reason and finally they ended up moving which made me happy.

but now like you I only talk to some of the people around my area where I live

H wilson

ps I think people need to just grow up!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last