Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 1:31 pm CDT

Junk Food Out

Quote From: junest

hi,

i am over 340# and need all the help i can gather.

i would like to be advised and supported by this 100+message board as i have decided to lose 150+#.

i believe that we all can do it, along with each other's help.

where do i start? 

female/fat/fifty

My best advise is to clean out the pantry and eat LOTS of fruit and veggies.  I started on my weight loss 45 days ago and have lost 25 lbs so far and still have 107 to go.  Get up and if you can join a gym with a water fitness class.  Less impact on joints and burns ton of calories.  DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE!!!  It will get better and easier.  There are lots of new snacks 100 calorie packs and such for us now.  I am part of www.everydayhealth.com (its free) and I log everything I eat so I know what I am consuming daily.  NO SODAS!!!  Change from ground meat all the time to ground turkey.  It's really not bad.  Have fun with this.  Instead of watching tv all the time take the dogs for a slow easy walk at first and build up.  You will have you set backs and plateaus but don't get discouraged or give up.  Get a buddy or friend you can talk to daily about you progress or lack thereof.  They really do help.  Remember have fun and just do something to get moving.

September 10, 2008, 1:33 pm CDT

My Story

hey im 22 years old and i weigh 240lbs and i would like to lose at least 80lbs. i dont why i let myself get to this point i weighed 144lbs exactly 4 years ago and now im 240lbs.  as of today im going to change my life and will take all the advice i can!!

September 10, 2008, 1:39 pm CDT

Hi I'm New

Hello My name is Linda .I weigh 248 pounds. I was 280.   I was doing good. But my weight lost kind of stalled out at the 248 mark. (Sad face) My goal is to be 150. half the weight I am now. I am tired of people

teaseing me. I got tease the whole way through school from 2nd grade and stil going. I basicly get teased from my aunt .She has  no room to talk her son is close to 400 lbs himself. I also get critazides by my own doctor(And that is bad .If anyone he is the one I should have my life depended on. I hate that they say this to me,It's like I don't know it already. Atleast I'm trying to do something. I'm trying to drink more water, I hardly ever eat sweets. It's the soda that gets me I think,because I hardly ever eat. I so wish I could lose weight and keep it off. Maybe I would feel alot better then I  do now.

September 10, 2008, 1:40 pm CDT

FIrst Day of the Rest of Our Lives

Hello Everyone! My name is Elise. I am 21, 6'4'' and I weigh in at a whopping 330. I know that I carry the weight well (ok better than what I could be carrying it), but I have had knee and back issues for the longest time now. I was a college athlete, and until I tore my shoulder, I was in good shape (lowest was 270 while I was in season) for my size, but now I want to lose the extra 100 that I have on me. I want to look lean, toned, and as many of my guy friends say like a true Valkyrie.

My reward for all of this hard work that I am putting in is going to be the custom wing tattoo on my back, I figure if I can bust my ass to look like a Valkyrie, then darn it, I earned my wings.

SO - here's to the first day of the rest of our lives!

September 10, 2008, 1:41 pm CDT

help

my name is linda and I just watched dr.phil's  weight loss race show. I'm 44years of age 5' 71/2 inches tall and 266pounds. At this time i feel that food is my drug of choice, I don't use drugs but I sure do use the food. If I'm happy sad whatever the reason its always there. If someone out there knowns what I'm talking about please write back. this is going to be a long battle.

September 10, 2008, 1:45 pm CDT

ready to win at losing weight!

So, hello everyone. Here I go again! ON this weight loss journey. I just got done watching the show and I am ready to start things off again. I am 32 years old and weight....415 pounds. I used to be a college athlete, lifeguard and a pageant queen. WOW! I have let myself go. I am so disappointed in myself for allowing me to get this bad. I went to Mall of America in August to do that satellite feed and started to change things slowly when I got home. I have lost 6 pounds (I was 421) since Sept 1st, but I have a looooonnnngggg way to go. Just looking for any help or support or accountability! Good luck to all out there!

September 10, 2008, 1:46 pm CDT

Over weight and fed up

I am going to be 52 this year and I am about 150lbs over weight I know being in a wheelchair and having back problems doesn't help much with excerise and weight lose but my doctor has tried different meds to try to get me to lose this but it just isn't working.  Help please.

September 10, 2008, 1:47 pm CDT

Im needing help.

I am so bad out of shape im a 27 yearold an i weight 208 pounds . I dont know were to start an how to do this i would be doing it on my own. If anyone can help me i'll be waiting on your answer.

September 10, 2008, 1:50 pm CDT

Babinalinda

Hello Everyone,
My name is Stephanie and I am a stay at home mom. I am 22 years old and have two wonderful boys one is 4 yrs old and my youngest is 6 months. I am sick and tired of procrastinating and making up excuses. I am tired of never going to the beach and always making myself an outcast because of my weight. I currently weight 195 and would LOVE to lose 50-60 pounds.....I dont care how long it takes me ....I am willing to do it correctly and want to make it a habit to eat healthy and exercise on a daily basis not only for me but for my family. I have gained so much weight and lost so much weight but then gained it right back and today I will say NO MORE!!!! So I beg others to help me and I will also help others and encourage everyone to start today and say no more to excuses.

September 10, 2008, 1:56 pm CDT

Need to lose 100!

I'm starting to read the Dr Phil book tonight and joining in!  I need to lose 100 lbs exactly.  I'm 5'2" and weigh 223.4.  I started to gain weight in my early 30's and now I'm turning 47 in a few months and would love to celebrate it by knowing I've lost some weight and sticking to the challenge.  I've been trying to think when/why I eat as much as I do.  I have come to the conclusion I'm an emtional/bored eater.  But I'm sure as I read I'll learn more about why.  Any tips/suggestions are welcome.  If I come across any "aha" moments I'll share those with you.  Good luck to all as we begin!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last