Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 2:02 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: trueakitalover

I watched the show this morning and I am really ready to stop this insanity that is going on in my head right now.  I need to loose weight and to keep it off.  I lost my mom back on 9-9-06 and I almost lost my dad back on 8-15-07 and I stopped using drugs this year I have 4 months clean right now.  I am doing a 12 step program with that right now.  Please help me!
I know how i feels to loose someone you love. I lost my father back when I was 18 years old and he'd been out of my life for 12+ years and then died 3 months after coming back into my life. He was only 55 years old,. I'm sorry for your loss, and hope things get better soon. Msg me any time.

September 10, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

need support

Hi all, my name is Mary, I'am 43, and  I;am 5,5 and at 202....I started the south beach diet alomst 3 weeks

ago.....So far so good....I am ready to do this...i have a 5 year old son, i need to have a long life with......

I want to get my health in order, and stay healthy......I am the mother of 5, 4 girls and 1 boy ages 25 - 5....

I also have 2 ganddaughters, ages 2 - 4..I want to be able to run and play with my grand babies......

I wish all of us luck and hope...Please let me know if you need any support.....We are all here to help each other......Lets make this our team......We can do this.........

September 10, 2008, 2:05 pm CDT

100 Pound Club

Hello!

My name is Julia and I am a 32 yr. old mother of 2.  I always joke that my goal is to get to my 9-month pregnancy weight!!  With my first daughter, I only gained a total of 9 lbs. and with my second daughter, I weighed 165 lbs. when she was born and my starting weight was 155 lbs.  Yes - I only gained 10 lbs in total with her . . . so you'd think that wouldn't be hard to lose.  I don't want to fall into the excuse trap, but I started to crave all the wrong kinds of foods while I breastfed her and my weight gradually climbed.  It was an average of 10 lbs. a year which you never really notice until it's gone too far.  So now . . . I weigh 222 lbs. and I feel ugly.  I hate looking at old photos or watching old home movies where I'm so thin.  I really only need to lose about 70 lbs. but I guess this 100 lb. club is a good place to start.

I've tried all the weight pills and solutions on the market, but I really don't know if they work because I can't seem to be faithful in taking them.  I finally went to my doctor and after doing a complete blood work-up on me, she figures that my body went through a major hormone shift after I had my kids and I could be one of those people that just can't physically lose weight now.  Has anyone ever heard of that??  She put me on Meridia and I did lose 9 lbs. in the first month.  But it costs $135/Mo. for the prescription and I just can't afford that.

I have all the expensive work-out equipment in my home so there's no need for me to join a gym, but once again - I can't seem to motivate myself.  I hate exercise because, like I said, it doesn't seem to work for me.  I can work out on my exercise bike and weight machine for 45 min. and sweat like crazy, but the scale never goes down.

HELP!!!

September 10, 2008, 2:06 pm CDT

I am starting today

I have struggled with losing weight for many many years and this is the time I am going to succeed.  I am so excited to get started on weight loss goal of 100lbs

September 10, 2008, 2:10 pm CDT

support

Quote From: babinalinda

Hello Everyone,
My name is Stephanie and I am a stay at home mom. I am 22 years old and have two wonderful boys one is 4 yrs old and my youngest is 6 months. I am sick and tired of procrastinating and making up excuses. I am tired of never going to the beach and always making myself an outcast because of my weight. I currently weight 195 and would LOVE to lose 50-60 pounds.....I dont care how long it takes me ....I am willing to do it correctly and want to make it a habit to eat healthy and exercise on a daily basis not only for me but for my family. I have gained so much weight and lost so much weight but then gained it right back and today I will say NO MORE!!!! So I beg others to help me and I will also help others and encourage everyone to start today and say no more to excuses.

Hey don't worry i know how your feeling... i wish you the best, i am always here to help if you need it......

I know you can do this we all can...Please let me know how things are going and please please keep in touch.....

mary

September 10, 2008, 2:11 pm CDT

The time is now!

I am 26 years old. Two years ago when I was 24 going on 25 I was in the ER on my death bed for double pneumonia. My lungs throbbed could not breathe, and the doctor while laying on the ER table was asking if I had a will of testament written for my family. I of course, at that time had no idea what was going on.

They finally fought and go me stable. However, they should have put me on life support right when I showed up in the ER.  That thankfully, did not happen. I need to get my weight down. I'm now 26 years old. I am getting help for my depression and several other psychological issues that the psychologists is helping me with.

I can say though that since this past July when starting counseling I have lost from 350 pounds to 346 down to 342.6 and its September 10th.

The time is here, and the time is now!

September 10, 2008, 2:12 pm CDT

Im in the same boat .

Quote From: babinalinda

Hello Everyone,
My name is Stephanie and I am a stay at home mom. I am 22 years old and have two wonderful boys one is 4 yrs old and my youngest is 6 months. I am sick and tired of procrastinating and making up excuses. I am tired of never going to the beach and always making myself an outcast because of my weight. I currently weight 195 and would LOVE to lose 50-60 pounds.....I dont care how long it takes me ....I am willing to do it correctly and want to make it a habit to eat healthy and exercise on a daily basis not only for me but for my family. I have gained so much weight and lost so much weight but then gained it right back and today I will say NO MORE!!!! So I beg others to help me and I will also help others and encourage everyone to start today and say no more to excuses.

My name is kim and im a stay at home mom. I am 27 years old and i have 4 boys ones is 8 my twins is 7 and my baby is 6. I really dont know how to start by telling how bad i need to lose this weight  i would like to get off 70 pounds.

September 10, 2008, 2:13 pm CDT

Hello

I just wanted to give some words of encouragment for those of you starting your weight loss journey.  It's been 3 yrs since I started mine.  I want to say to you that this is not going to be easy but nothing worth while ever is.  I was 240 lbs when I started and I'm now 138 for a total of 102lbs lost..  My advice is to eat clean, healthy and exercise above all.   For me exercise was the key.  I workout at least 4-5 times a week and I don't always enjoy it but I love what it's done for me body.  Good luck to all of you.  I'm still working on the last few lbs myself. 

September 10, 2008, 2:31 pm CDT

starting over

Where do i start again. I'm out of control. I'm 5'5" and weight 150 lbs. It doesn't sound like much, but 2-3 months a go i weighed 128, and have for 7 years, now this weight i coming on so fast. I am so out of shape, I STRESS EAT.

So where do i start? I need to get the weight loss book, bu on line i thought we could join like a 30 -40 lb club, but i only see a 100 pound club.

I WISH i had Dr. Phil's personal help lke the people on t.v., but i feel like they only want the extreme, and i'm not.

I already do eat healthy for the most part, my problem is that i OVER EAT, every time i start, its like i'm a food-aholic.

Is there anyone out there like me?

September 10, 2008, 2:38 pm CDT

Joining the club

Hi!  I'm retired and have been exercising for a year now.  I am much more active than I was last year when I first retired.  My diet is not so bad, but my portion control is my problem.  My friends and family are very supportive especially my husband of 34 years.  I just need to watch portion control and eat a little healthier.  We eat out too much and sometimes my choices are not the best.

Cockie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last