Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 15, 2009, 6:09 pm CST

need encouragement

I need some encouragement to keep motivated for life not just temporary this time. I am making many changes with my life and can use all of the support I can get. My life is hectic at best even with being unemployed now. I am at least getting back on track with my daughters but when I start with my own schooling for my career that will have to be balanced along with my household and marriage and to stay focused on my goals to lose this weight before I get much older and my health suffers. I am 35 years old and feel like I am at a cross-roads.

January 26, 2009, 7:03 pm CST

I CANT DO THIS ALONE!

Hi I am a 25 year old mother of 2 who seriously needs to lose some weight,  I need to lose about 60-70lb.  I guess by writting this im hopeing someone can help me to find ways of staying motivated and achieving my weightloss goals. Most of the time i dont even have and excuss, i guess im just lazy, i dont know why im like this, i use to be full of energy, and i never wanted to get to the size i am. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

April 13, 2009, 10:03 am CDT

Weight Loss Reveal LIVE CHAT

On Friday, April 17 at 9:00 pm ET, 6:00 pm PT join Joe, Lauren, Annette and Emilie for a LIVE Chat on DrPhil.com. After revealing their amazing weight loss transformations, the Ultimate Weight Loss Solution participants will answer your questions about how Dr. Phil’s Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom  helped them lose pounds and inches and how they plan to keep it off!

http://drphil.com/shows/page/LiveChat/

May 28, 2009, 5:59 pm CDT

Support

Quote From: bonyunsbabe

Hi everyone. My name is Diana and I am so upset about my weight its starting to affect almost every area of my life. I  am almost 46 years old and I am 5'"5' and I weigh 190 lbs.. I am embarrassed and ashamed ..I have tried every diet going but I have a hard time with exercise.. I have bulging discs in my back and it makes it so hard to exercise without hurting myself.. I dint go out much and I am now starting to cry when I eat or if I happen to see myself in the mirror when I am naked which believe me I try real hard not to see that.. I have a great job (I am a forklift operator for Strubs Pickles) and I have great friends and a great guy who is slim and in great shape and doesn't understand cause he loves me the way I am God bless him.. I guess what I am looking for is some encouragement and possibly some exercise tips for someone with back pain issues.. So good luck to anyone fighting this horrible fight and thanks for listening

Hi Diana,

Like you I have problems with my back at times it's painful to walk.

The only thing that I found before I started to do any form of excersise is to get a yoga ball.

Lay on your back with the legs on the ball and just roll the ball back and forward for about 10mins

Keeping the ball behind your legs then move the ball using your legs side to side very very slowly

again for 10mins.Do this every day for a week!

Can keep it up for 2wks and over time your back will get used to the strengthing of the core muscle.

You then could add after this ball session go to your back door step and only using 1 step walk on this

using one leg at a time making sure both legs have been used again for only 10mins very slowly.

Eventually the back will get used to using those muscles. Let me know how you go and maybe we could work out what you could do next.

Wishing you all the energy to get through this!!

First | Prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next Page | Last Page