Message Boards

Topic : 05/28 Busted Online

Number of Replies: 188
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:06:31 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/08/2008) Parents, listen up! If your child has an online profile, he or she could be one click away from disaster. We’re living in a digital world, where photos can be published online for the world to see in an instant. What you or your child might find acceptable might not be acceptable to college recruiters, potential employers or even the police. Former Miss Washington Elyse Umemoto knows all too well the pitfalls of private photos posted online. After being crowned Miss Seattle in 2007, she posed for pictures while celebrating with friends. When the snapshots ended up on the Internet, she landed in the middle of a scandal. Now she worries how it will affect her future. Then, a college student and a recent graduate meet with a job recruiter to perfect their interviewing skills. Find out what the job recruiter saw online that he thinks might keep them from being hired. And, don’t miss how one college student’s online profile may have helped land him in prison! If you think your digital photos are for your eyes only, think again. What you post on MySpace or Facebook could lead to serious consequences. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 7, 2008, 4:12 pm CDT

DIvorce?????????????

I certainly hope there is a good reason for Robin's empty seat.  You both speak so highly of each other,  your marriage, and children.  It has been and I still hope IS a model for all.  There are too many divorces in our country.  I don't read and totally ignore those tabloids, but I certainly hope it isn't true.  I would hate to think that your rise to stardom has led to this.

September 7, 2008, 5:23 pm CDT

Dr. Phil and Robin divorcing

I heard about this topic of Dr. Phil and Robin Divorcing. I just didn't want to believe it. I think nowadays the magazines/tabloids will print anything to get attention. Hopefully Dr. Phil will clear up these facts. Perhaps Robins seat is empty, simply because she couldn't be there.........

September 7, 2008, 5:59 pm CDT

Season 7

•    New season
  •     New faces
  •    New topics
  •    New solutions

Dr. Phil  I'll be watching, and I wish you the best in the new season.

September 7, 2008, 6:15 pm CDT

09/08 Busted Online

Quote From: carthonasi

i hope this isn't true.
I saw DrP on Letterman and he said he's not getting divorced.

September 7, 2008, 6:24 pm CDT

...and IF IT'S TRUE...

then I've got to wonder whether or not Dr. Phil even practices what HE preaches...he's ALWAYS telling other people that they've got to exhaust EVERY effort, utilize EVERY resource available, resolve ANY "unfinished business" before making the final decision to divorce...

Tomorrow, we shall see...

OXO
Lucy B.

September 7, 2008, 9:11 pm CDT

You never know what happens behind closed doors...

I agree with you all... the look of a happy couple they do show.  I doubt that they would be getting divorced but then you never know, stranger things have happened.  Remember just because we see them on TV all happy and together doesn't mean that it is that way at home.  I have an Uncle who I wouldn't ever have thought would end up in a divorce.  I remember them holding hands as we were in the car, he always giving her gifts and such... but I guess you never know because they divorced after 20 years of marriage.  Whether they are divorcing or not is something private between them and I hope the best for them both.

September 7, 2008, 9:16 pm CDT

Facebook and................

Quote From: samalie

Hello everyone,

Well, yeah, the Internet can be really dangerous for pictures and such stuff, but I myself have a Facebook and a MySpace account. I got a lot of pictures there (especially on Facebook) but both of the accounts are set to private, and therefore only my friends and relatives can take a look at them.

But this is really confusing... before I put any picture, I thought about it and asked adult people, yeah lol, I did. They said nothing would be wrong as long as I was putting very decent pictures and they were private.

So what now? This is really scary... there are millions of people who use Facebook and MySpace.

I am 16  by the way and again, this is just confusing and I'm very confused. I am type of person who likes to chat with people online (especially the American ones :D) so I sometimes have to add them on my Facebook or MySpace (after making sure that they are fine ones). So what do you guys think? Should I just take my pictures away?

--Thanks! :)

As long as your pictures are decent, you are not scantily dressed, pictures that your own parents would approve of, I don't think that you would have anything to worry about.  Unless there is something else that I am unaware of, just watch the show, or have someone tape it for you, and make sure of the facts. It's the young women that have pictures on the Internet where they are barely wearing anything, showing their breasts by lifting their blouse, etc. that will have a problem. Unless they don't care about their future of course! Also, keep in mind that you really never know exactly who you are chatting with on-line. Don't give out any personal info such as your address and last name, etc. just to keep yourself safe.

September 8, 2008, 2:06 am CDT

09/08 Busted Online

Hi Dr.Phil

i just got done watching your show.

When i first saw the whold DR.PHIL GETTING A DIVORCE i was yeah ok thats why she sits in the audience every show and if she is not there she take the time to put that picture of herself in the seat...lol...i watch every show....if they were splitting up i don't think she would be sitting there so i am glad that you put everything out there to say hey don't listen to what you hear because most of the time its not true

however the whole myspace thing well of course i have one because we are stationed in italy right now and i made one for my little sister yes my little sister the good thing about this that i know her password so belive me i check everything that comes in and i make sure about all the pics are good anyways i have myspace so that my mom can see my 12 month old so not everyone gets one just so they can so pics of them doing crazy things and as for Elyse Umemoto she did some dumb things but everyone does and the moms out there that say they wouldn't let there kids date her or meet her or whatever they say about her because she has that party girl thing going on for her well hello everybody has that atleast once in there life where they are happy about something and they go out and do dumb things and i am sure that half those people who stick up there noses to people like that have done alot more that what she did she did something dumb let her learn from her mistakes on her own not by people making her a bad person

well i also would like to so Robin look great on tv today Dr.Phil you look alright....

Kim

September 8, 2008, 5:58 am CDT

Busted Online

I wish they would divorce already, instead of subjecting everyone to this. It would make for an interesting show...Hmm, how much will Robin make on the divorce? What lawyer could she get that wouldn't be influenced by Dr. Phil? Which side would the boys take? Now that's a show!!! Real life..And then Dr. Phil could produce a new show called "The Lawyers". Personally, when you make as much money as the Doctor and his wife, gossip goes with the territory. Deal with it or get out of the game.

September 8, 2008, 6:09 am CDT

09/08 Busted Online

Quote From: jewelsf

As long as your pictures are decent, you are not scantily dressed, pictures that your own parents would approve of, I don't think that you would have anything to worry about.  Unless there is something else that I am unaware of, just watch the show, or have someone tape it for you, and make sure of the facts. It's the young women that have pictures on the Internet where they are barely wearing anything, showing their breasts by lifting their blouse, etc. that will have a problem. Unless they don't care about their future of course! Also, keep in mind that you really never know exactly who you are chatting with on-line. Don't give out any personal info such as your address and last name, etc. just to keep yourself safe.

You're totally right and thanks for replying back to me. :)

Hmm.. my last name is the most common here in Jordan, so it doesn't really matter.. and my parents and both of my older brothers know that I have a Facebook and a MySpace and they don't mind because they trust me. :) so, I take this as u think that it would be all right if I kept them on? :D

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last