Message Boards

Topic : 12/29 "Save My Mommy!"

Number of Replies: 223
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 12, 2008, 01:18:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/17/08) Dr. Phil takes an intense look at the life of Star, a stay-at-home mom who fears that her dangerous habit may take a turn for the worse. Star’s 11-year-old daughter, Autumn, sends Dr. Phil a poignant plea for help before tragedy strikes. By appearances, Star had it all: a nice home, a loving husband and four beautiful children. But inside, she hid a dark secret. What started out as a prescription for postpartum depression turned into an addiction, with Star downing 30 to 50 pills a day. Autumn was even left at home to baby-sit her younger siblings while Star drove around town for her next fix. Star's husband, Isaac, worries for her future and threatens to call the police if she continues to abuse drugs. A Dr. Phil camera crew is on the scene when Isaac discovers the depth of his wife’s addiction. See what happens when he takes matters into his own hands. Plus, Star receives a phone call that shakes her to the core. Find out what nearly causes her to break down. And, learn what line Star crossed which could shatter her marriage forever. Will Isaac ever be able to trust his wife again, or will this latest revelation cause him to call it quits? Can Star get her life back on track before it’s too late? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 17, 2008, 12:40 pm CDT

She is SO fake!!!

Star is just a BIG fake!!!  She doesn't want any help!  She's going to go right back to popping pills. I didn't see not one tear the whole entire first half hour of the show.  By the end, she was forcing those tears and they dried up quick!  Star is just full of excuses. 

Her husband and her kids ( they look so precious), I feel sorry for.  Her 11 year old is taking on responsibilities no child should handle at that age.  Her husband.... he need to put her in a rehab.... divorce her... take the kids and start a new life.  She doesn't have no one's best interest at heart but her own!

September 17, 2008, 12:45 pm CDT

put her in rehab

I am currently addicted. It is very painful and scary to stop. I have tried several times. I only take tramadol but it has the same effectb as an opiate. Strangely enough it is still a drug that is not considered dangerous. I don't want to take it anymmore but i have tried so many times to stop on my own. I have become so sick that I thought i was going to die. So i can't stop...help

September 17, 2008, 12:56 pm CDT

09/17 "Save My Mommy!"

Dr. Phil, thank you offering help to this family!  My family has been through a similar situation.  My mother-in-law was a prescription drug addict.  She did everything she could get her hands on medication and in my opinion Dr. hopped.  I firmly believe that we have to take responsibility for our own actions.  I do however think we need to hold our doctors and government accountable.  My mother-in-law was on government assistance for her monthly income and medical treatments.  She was physically disabled.  With that being said, every doctor and prescriptions should have been kept on file.  Our tax dollars help take care of people with disabilities.  Don't you think they should have known what was going on?  She even had a case worker that would come visit her on a weekly basis.  Is our country in denial this problem even exists??  I am all for our right to privacy , but when you abuse a substance and put every life out there in danger, you give up your right to privacy.    Our health care and prescription drug companies need to work for the people and not for the CEO's pockets.  Our family made every effort to help her.  She chose the drugs and chose to commit suicide.  Now my husband has lost the only biological family he had, our daughter has lost her grandmother and I lost having a mother-in-law.  We hold pharmacies accountable for filling prescriptions and they are to report suspicious refills.  Why wasn't Medicaid/Medicare responsible to their patient as well as to the tax payers????  As a tax payer, I was essentially my mother-in-laws dealer.  This hurts and makes me sad to see children and adults going through this pain. I hope our family never see a tragedy like this again. 

September 17, 2008, 1:01 pm CDT

TAKING PILLS

I HAD BEEN TAKING PILLS FOR 15 YEARS STARTED TAKING HYDROCODONE  3 500MG PILLS TO 500MG OF METHADONE AT ONE TIME 15YEARS LATER. I WENT TO METH CLINIC FOR 6 YEARS. THEY HAVE NO PLAN FOR GETTING ME OFF IT. AS LONG AS I HAD 87 DOLLARS A WEEK. THEY KEPT TAKING MY MONEY. I FINNALY QUIT COLD TURKEY . IT WAS TOUGH BUT IF YOU WANT TO STOP YOU CAN .

September 17, 2008, 1:04 pm CDT

well then

Quote From: meekajaylen

Star is just a BIG fake!!!  She doesn't want any help!  She's going to go right back to popping pills. I didn't see not one tear the whole entire first half hour of the show.  By the end, she was forcing those tears and they dried up quick!  Star is just full of excuses. 

Her husband and her kids ( they look so precious), I feel sorry for.  Her 11 year old is taking on responsibilities no child should handle at that age.  Her husband.... he need to put her in a rehab.... divorce her... take the kids and start a new life.  She doesn't have no one's best interest at heart but her own!

then you didnt watch the show very well.you think its easy just to quit think again.im addicted to perks and i have tryed stopping and everytime i do i have so many side effects it isn't fuuny.try it you'll see/your a idoit to think this does'nt hurt

September 17, 2008, 1:10 pm CDT

Pills

Dear Star,

I too am an addict. I take percacet and the occasional oxy. I do the perks everyday and have for years.  Everybody I know knows that I am on these pills, it doesn't matter to them. My boyfriend actually picks them up for me sometimes. You have a chance to get clean and sober free because of Dr. Phil, I'd take it.

Good Luck

September 17, 2008, 1:10 pm CDT

very concerned

I watch this show nearly everyday while I'm at work. Most days i take away a sense of learning something or opening my eyes to situations, however, today i have to say i was appalled at the barrage of negative attacks on this woman. She clearly came to this show with the intent to be honest and open about her addiction. The raw emotion she showed was so deep and heartfelt, but I was amazed at the way Dr. Phil constantly showed her and told her how horrible and low she had become. I think this woman had great courage for admitting that she had gotten to the absolute lowest part in her life, admitted her addiction, downfalls and the denial she has been in. What bothers me the most is that she was begging for help. I understand that there is the "reality" factor where an addict must be shown how fall they have fallen and a "in your face" look in the mirror, but Dr. Phil, I've never seen you just keep going until she was completely broken. I usually agree with your level of professionalism and your matter of fact manner, but today the more she agreed with you, asked you for help, admitted her faults, you kept beating her with a bigger whipping switch each time.  I realize I'm not a doctor and I certainly don't have a medical degree.

I truly hope this woman got the help and accepted it with great determination, as well as her family.

Thank you for the opportunity to express myself,

Linda

September 17, 2008, 1:12 pm CDT

perks and star

people on here think its a joke to be addiced well let me tell you something.its not a joke.its very hard to quit,i know ive tryed.i have been on perks now for at least 12 years and its for pain.i take 10 a day everyday the pain is so bad you can';t not take them.i have tryed to get off of  them.and the pain is so bad and so are the side affects i go back on them .star if you read this.please do what dr.phil asks of you.at least you have him to help you.i really wish i did.i live in ontario canada and i dont know anyone here that can help.i do want off of them the perks.but the pain is so bad.people think oh no problem i can quit.well news flash no you can't not on your own.but if your also in that much pain.off of pain med's. what the hell do you do for the pain.i have tryed several times to get off of pain meds but the pain is so bad.so what do you do.its easy for people to say i would'nt do that/well be in as much pain as im in then tell me that.dr,phil if you read this.is their any help for people like me.dr's.give it to you.so what are suppose to do.without the pain med.i cant do a dam thing on my own.and im not making excuess's its the truth.HELP HELP HELP

September 17, 2008, 1:13 pm CDT

Stop or yes you will DIE i live it daily my daughter DIED

September 16 , 2007 my worst nightmare came ... my daughter ashley elizabeth Jackson age 23  died from a drug over dose ..What you are doing is not only hurting your self but everyone that loves and cares about you .. my daughter had 2 children they are the most wonderful grandchildren BUT THEY HAVE NO MOTHER ............they are living a life that no children should have to live I cry all the time and the other day we spend that day at the cemetery ... in my mind all day was that we should be at the zoo or at home cooking out ..... I dont know your name but i wish i could show you her memorial that i put on line for our family .. it is one of the biggest parts of my day looking at this just to see her write to her talk to her because i cant hold , hug or kiss her any more ,, you are really going ot hurt your childtren ,,

when i look at savannh 6 and ryan 3 my heart breaks for them .. and they deserved more than will ever get in life ..WHEN YOU DIE YOU ARE GONE .... WE ARE THE ONES HERE TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF WHAT , WHEN , WHY ,,,AND THE HEART AKE IS MORE THAN A MOTHER CAN BARE ..

PLEASE GET HELP SO YOUR CHILDEN HAVE A CHANCE TO HAVE YOU THERE ..

LISTEN TO A BROKEN HEART ,,, BECAUSE WHO EVER SAID YOU CAN MEND ONE NEVER REALLY HAD ONE AT ALL ,,,

LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ,, ASHLEY ELIZABETH JACKSON'S MOM

SHERI, FLORIDA

September 17, 2008, 1:39 pm CDT

Britches are burn'

This kind of story really burns by britches.  She doesn't deserve to even be in the same house as her children.  She should have been in rehab a long time ago.  Her husband has enabled her all this time.  What was he waiting on???  How could he go to work each day and leave his four children in the hands of his sick wife??  It's a time bomb waiting to go off.  I personally think child endangerment charges should be brought up on them both.  People like this drive around putting myself and others in danger when they are drugged out behind the wheel. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last