Message Boards

Topic : 09/22 Behind the Headlines

Number of Replies: 281
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 19, 2008, 05:22:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three-year-old Caylee Anthony made headlines when her grandmother, Cindy, placed a frantic 911 call to report her missing. By the time she called the police, her granddaughter had been missing for one month. Where was Caylee’s mother, Casey, all that time? Now considered a person of interest by authorities, is Casey a pathological liar with something to hide, an irresponsible 22-year-old or is something else going on? Then, Casey claims she was out searching for her daughter on her own, but pictures of her partying at a local club surfaced shortly after Caylee vanished. Were those photos taken before Caylee's birth as Casey's father claims? Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv’s In Session, explains what a jury might think. Next, meet two local residents and find out why one believes Casey is innocent, while the other is convinced of her guilt Then, bounty hunters Leonard Padilla and Rob Dick say they helped bail Casey out of jail after she agreed to help them find her daughter. Rob says he drove Casey around in search of Caylee for nine days, and what he claims he observed might surprise you. Plus, why is Caylee’s story splashed across newspapers and TV screens, while other missing children go virtually ignored? Is the seeming disparity in coverage because she’s white or attractive, and the other children are different races? Ernie Allen, president and founder of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, says racism isn’t the reason some missing children make headlines while others do not. But April Morris has been searching for her grandson, Benjamin Everett, since he disappeared in 2004 and says he didn’t receive any media attention because he’s biracial. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2008, 5:00 pm CST

Victory for Caylee

Quote From: marnita24

THIS IS SO SAD. A LITTLE GIRL IS MISSING, SHE NEEDS TO BE FOUND! I HAVE A SON WHO JUST TURNED 4, AND I WOULD BE GOING ABSOLUTLY CRAZY IF THIS EVER HAPPENED TO HIM. I WOULD HAVE TO BE ON ALL KINDS OF MEDS TO CALM ME DOWN. HERE, THERES A MOTHER GOING OUT PARTYING!! WHAT IS SHE THINKING. THERES A PRECIOUS BABY OUT THERE SOMEWHERE  WITH STRANGERS, OR ALONE..IF THIS CHILD IS DECEASED, SHES NEEDS A PROPER BURIAL. I CRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. THIS IS THE SADDESET, MOST CONFUSING, FRUSTRATING CASE IVE HEARD OR SEEN OF.I THINK THIS "SO CALLED MOTHER" KNOWS EXACTLY WHATS HAPPENED, IF SHE DIDNT, I THINK SHE WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE CONCERNED FOR HER CHILD. BUT SHE SEEMS LIKE SHE HAS NONE AT ALL. I WISH THIS BABY WERE MINE AND I COULD HAVE PROTECTED HER. I ALWAYS ASK MYSELF WHY? WHY DOES IT HAPPEN TO PRECIOUS BABIES? WE REALLY NEED TO GET TO THE END OF THIS AND HAVE NO PITTY FOR CASEY! WE NEED TO FIND THIS BABY AND BRING HER HOME! ALIVE OR DECEASED, SHE NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT BACK. MY GREATEST SYMPOTHY GOES OUT TO THE GRANDPARENTS!

Hey there, I read your note about Caylee written earlier this year, and I want to know if you are as sick to your stomach as I am to find her neck broken, her little body thrown out like trash, and to think her mommy was out watching murder videos that night as she lie sleeping in the trunk filled with Chlorofom.   I hope she fries but not to quickly, she deserves to be with other inmates for a few days.

Caylee is the most precious thing I've ever seen, and I have five children.   However what breaks my heart the most, is that on June 16 she sang PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAY, and she had HER sunshine taken away by her own mother!   I have no doubt, NONE.

Thanks for listening,

Linda

First | Prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next Page | Last Page