Message Boards

Topic : 09/22 Behind the Headlines

Number of Replies: 281
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 19, 2008, 05:22:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three-year-old Caylee Anthony made headlines when her grandmother, Cindy, placed a frantic 911 call to report her missing. By the time she called the police, her granddaughter had been missing for one month. Where was Caylee’s mother, Casey, all that time? Now considered a person of interest by authorities, is Casey a pathological liar with something to hide, an irresponsible 22-year-old or is something else going on? Then, Casey claims she was out searching for her daughter on her own, but pictures of her partying at a local club surfaced shortly after Caylee vanished. Were those photos taken before Caylee's birth as Casey's father claims? Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv’s In Session, explains what a jury might think. Next, meet two local residents and find out why one believes Casey is innocent, while the other is convinced of her guilt Then, bounty hunters Leonard Padilla and Rob Dick say they helped bail Casey out of jail after she agreed to help them find her daughter. Rob says he drove Casey around in search of Caylee for nine days, and what he claims he observed might surprise you. Plus, why is Caylee’s story splashed across newspapers and TV screens, while other missing children go virtually ignored? Is the seeming disparity in coverage because she’s white or attractive, and the other children are different races? Ernie Allen, president and founder of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, says racism isn’t the reason some missing children make headlines while others do not. But April Morris has been searching for her grandson, Benjamin Everett, since he disappeared in 2004 and says he didn’t receive any media attention because he’s biracial. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 22, 2008, 9:05 am CDT

I watch her too...

Quote From: rayhicks

I will not form an opinion without more facts but I too tune to Nancy until I tire of her repetition and BIASED opinions. This is an unusual case and it is hard to determine if the Police or the news media are hell bent on an ego trip or if there may be a prosecuting attorney who has a GOAL like becoming FLA. attorney general but this case STINKS about as bad as the little dancing girl in Colorado and the College boys from the Carolinas I think.
and she really does go overboard with the drama to appeal to the public who like to form opinions based on media frenzy and not facts.  Wink, wink.

September 22, 2008, 9:07 am CDT

WHOOOP WHOOOP!!!

Quote From: isabeaur

What a bunch of mouth breathing ignorant villagers I'm hearing about.  Terrorizing the grandparents?  Why don't they just get out the pitchforks and burning torches and march up to the castle to try to kill the monster?  Oh, right.  They are already doing that in front of the grandparents' house.  The grandmother reported the little girl to be missing when she realized she was gone.  She and her husband have cooperated fully with the police. You can hardly blame them for clinging to hope that their daughter didn't have anything to do with it. Vigilantes terrorizing of the neighborhood is not going to help solve anything - all of those screaming lunatics needs to go home before one of them does something even more stupid than putting death signage in the hands of small children.  How sick is that? 

If the police haven't arrested the mother in this case, it's because they don't yet have the evidence to go to trial.  You can prattle on and on about all of the supposed "evidence" that you hear about on Fixed News with all their editorializing and baseless suggestions, but you can't take rumor and innuendo as evidence.  I think that the little girl's mother is a wack job who probably knows exactly what happened to her little girl.  But my opinion is not relevant.  The authorities have to build their case based on actual evidence and the law, not mob opinion.  And they aren't going to tell you what they do have - that is what the courts are for.  Remember the courts?  Where juries weigh the  evidence dispassionately?  Kind of the corner stone of our justice system, but apparently all the pitchfork-wielding village idiots would prefer mob rule. 

So be outraged that a child is missing, be outraged that the mother hasn't cooperated.  But unless you are an investigator on the case, you really don't know anything.  And the more the public screams about supposed evidence, the more likely that any eventual trial will be torpedoed by all of the misinformation floating around.  You are all making a perfect case for the defense for the inability to get a fair trial.  Nice work.

nicely said...I also breathe from my ears....lol

September 22, 2008, 9:10 am CDT

Doing Nothing

What the hell is going on with the police in Caylee's grandparents? I truly believe that her grandparents and her mother know exactly what happen to Caylee, and exactly where she is. How in the world can Casey get out of jail when it was clear by the smell in her car that a body had been in her trunk? I have seen so many true life crime shows where people have been put in prison with far less evidence. Who in their right mind would believe that Casey was "looking" for her daughter for nine days? Give her an award for acting. I have two sons, and if I were in the situation you can best bet that my head would not be in the sand. I'd never believe such a sorry story from them. Does Casey truly think that she can get away with this? Why don't her parents get off the "Casey didn't do this" wagon and "man-up"? Why would they protect someone who is so clearly acting suspicous?  Have there been any lie-detector test requests from the police? I also believe that Casey's parents are cowards...for doing nothing, and believing her pathetic story.

September 22, 2008, 9:15 am CDT

What does race have to do with Anything?

It seems that no matter What's happening, Somebody out there Has to play the race card-it's not subject specific, it just Has to be played on Every subject-even when, as here, there's Nothing to do with race, and Everything to do with finding the Child, Hopefully safe, but Finding the Child-fix blame After, but find that child First, people. Lose the Hate, Lose the "Instant Bristle" of Race, and get Over Yourselves before it results in something you may not want to see. Idiots keeping this going are the ones teaching hate, rather than bringing us together to save a child-It's time to decide what's important-do we Want our kids to learn hate, or do we want them to be safe? No more, folks-either we resolve this, without the card, or we resolve it in physical form, but either way, the life of a child is at stake-Get that through your heads-Nothing is more important than kids.

SSG Dave

September 22, 2008, 9:17 am CDT

09/22 Behind the Headlines

Quote From: stanley2568

I just dont get it why all these seperate charges.. why shows like Nancy Grace.even if you are noy guilty.the word is out between the protesters encouraged by the police inticed by shows like Nancy Grace.who claim your guilt even before proven the idea of true democracy does not live in the United States I listen to all the leaks by the police. dna tests taken months. God Bless America.
I think as the police do....if they can keep her in jail, however small the charge, they can wear her down and perhaps confess, a brilliant move on their part, but Casey is a tough nut to crack, especially when her bail gets paid.  They can't impose an unattainable bond for such small charges, and thats whats needed, something that will keep her in jail for a month.  Nancy appeals to the drama queens out there, the unstable, pitchfork wielding, villagers ready to hang for any reason, thats who is hanging out at her parents house.

September 22, 2008, 9:40 am CDT

09/22 Behind the Headlines

Quote From: christy17

What the hell is going on with the police in Caylee's grandparents? I truly believe that her grandparents and her mother know exactly what happen to Caylee, and exactly where she is. How in the world can Casey get out of jail when it was clear by the smell in her car that a body had been in her trunk? I have seen so many true life crime shows where people have been put in prison with far less evidence. Who in their right mind would believe that Casey was "looking" for her daughter for nine days? Give her an award for acting. I have two sons, and if I were in the situation you can best bet that my head would not be in the sand. I'd never believe such a sorry story from them. Does Casey truly think that she can get away with this? Why don't her parents get off the "Casey didn't do this" wagon and "man-up"? Why would they protect someone who is so clearly acting suspicous?  Have there been any lie-detector test requests from the police? I also believe that Casey's parents are cowards...for doing nothing, and believing her pathetic story.

The law is not about emotion the law is about evidence. The evidence does point to foul play but no body nor is there any physical evidence yet. If they charge Casey with murder and she is acquitted she can not be tried again its called double jeopardy. So would you rather the police gather all the evidence and then present their case. I feel that Casey and the grandparents are guilty but that happens to be my opinion. So far that is all we have is opinions.

September 22, 2008, 9:41 am CDT

I caught alittle something

I noticed when 'NATE' the bf's room-mate was interviewed that he mentioned that Tony and himself had stated to Casey that their apartment was 'not a place to raise a kid', the next day Casey came alone, and never brought Caylee back again, telling them that the baby was with either the 'nanny or the grandparents.'

why doesnt someone callher bluff and say that she's been caught, that someone already "knows" and now it's time to give her side of the story, a little pressure just may the thing to get her 'going"

September 22, 2008, 9:52 am CDT

RE: Lie Detector

From what I have heard on 'Nancy Grace Show", the Grandparents were going to take a lie detector test then was instructed or told by their Son not to do it.  I know Casey wouldn't take a test, however, I think she would pass it because she really doesn't think she is wrong or guilty of anything.  As Dr. Phil gave the Defense a good message "Anti-social Behavior".  I think they should get Casey and give her a 'truth serum" drug whether she wants it or not.  OK all you liberals out there, I know she has rights.  I'm tired of going by the book on everything.  I think Casey disposed of the body in the woods close to the water where her last phone ping was located.  It's a location where a body would never be found because of aligators and animals.  As I said they should put her in prison around all those women and she'd either tell what happened or they would take care of her.  Sorry, I'm for the child in this case not the Mother or Grandparents.  I have two Grandkids and if my Son acted the way Casey has, there is NO WAY he would be staying with me no matter how much I love him.  There must be consequences to actions.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

September 22, 2008, 10:02 am CDT

Thinking beyond our own noses....

#1  you can't arrest someone because someone else thinks they are "acting suspicious" (this is the USA)

#2  the smell in the car DOES NOT PROVE WHO PUT IT THERE.

#3  lie detector tests are INADMISSIBLE in a court of law and are NOT evidence, actual evidence takes time to compile so that a conviction sticks for the max sentence.  A failed lie detector can POSSIBLY get a nervous person to confess when confronted with that failure. A person CANNOT be FORCED to take the test.

#4  I don't think her parents believe she didn't do it, but they are standing by their child as a good parent does.  If parents only love their child when they are perfect then they are piss-poor parents.  They are also being attacked and bombarded with these disgusting protesters on a daily basis and are reacting probably the way most of us would, with aggression.  If we've never been in that situation its real easy to decide what someone else should do....when its really none of our business.

September 22, 2008, 10:07 am CDT

Behind the Headlines

I cannot believe that Casey's parents did not question her regarding not having contact with Caylee for

a month.  I have 20 grandchildren, 15 girls and 5 boys, plus 3 great-grandchildren. 
IF I had not heard from their parent and the status of one of my grandchildren in more than a few days and they could not provide a BELIEVEABLE reason, we would be at the police station within hours, be in contact with AMBER ALERT and have all possible agencies involved. 

It just breaks my heart to think of what this precious little girl may be going through or has gone through.

When we see our 2 1/2 year old great-granddaughter, Rylee, we give her an extra hug and say a prayer of thanksgiving for her and a prayer that there is, if even a small possibility, Caylee is safe and happy someplace.

I feel it is time to quit playing cat and mouse with Casey.  She has the whole police department and TV stations and FBI dancing to her tune.  She is, I feel, enjoying all the attention she is getting and when seeing her on Nancy Grace's show,  she acts like this is all about her, not her precious daughter, Caylee.

Why her parents are putting up with her and her lies, is beyond me.  The quote, "They have lost their granddaughter and don't want to lose their daughter too",  makes me sick.  Emotionally they have already lost their daughter, so what have they got?  A lying, decietful, narccistic and emotionally dead daughter.  If they had acted quicker, possibily they could be holding their granddaughter in their arms instead of living with an emotionally dead daughter.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last