Message Boards

Topic : 10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Number of Replies: 54
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:39:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date, with six teams of two competing in a race across the country to drop pounds and inches. After the first grueling challenge in Hollywood, the teams check into the Dr. Phil House, where many surprises await. Head trainer Robert Reames explains their new personalized meal system based on Dr. Phil’s Rapid Start Plan, but can the teams resist the House’s plentiful snack foods? Then, after their first workout with their trainers on the beach in Malibu, Dr. Phil flies in via helicopter to review Key #2 of his 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom: Healing Feelings. Richard confronts his emotions over the painful loss of two loved ones for whom he hasn’t properly grieved. Can his brother, Jeff, convince him how much he’s loved and needed? Dr. Phil admonishes Phil and Tiffany for the negative names they call each other, and confronts Lauren about how much she criticizes her twin, Joe. Will the competitors stop medicating themselves with food and learn permanent healthy lifestyle realignment? Join the weight loss movement, and vote for your favorite teams and trainers! Ultimate Weight Loss Race  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 1, 2008, 5:33 pm CDT

Brother and Sister

The sister with the black hair made me glad I'm an only child.  I can see why the brother has self esteem issues.  Just the sour uppity look on her face told it all.  Wake up honey, it's not all about YOU.

October 1, 2008, 6:23 pm CDT

The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Hell With those Double Cheeseburgers

Lets not eat that crap and loose the weight

October 1, 2008, 7:17 pm CDT

Keep Watching!

Quote From: huller

I don't get the contestants.  If I were chosen to participate in something like this, I would give it 100%.  Don't they understand that they are being GIVEN the opportunity that so many of us would love to have.  I would love to have trainers, a beautiful place to exercise, meals made for me so that I can learn how to eat, surrounded by others in the same predicament.  I would love the accountability.  They need to stop their whining and step up to the plate.  They have won this opportunity - I hope they don't blow it.

Hi, I am Tiffany (of the green team.). It is a shame that you look at everyone's struggles as "whining."  We are venting our frustrations and our problems to the entire world, and then you perceive it as "whining." We all (all teams) had different reasons for getting picked out of thousands of others that submitted their tapes, and I TRULY believe that most of the people involved in the race are appreciative of what we have been given. I sincerely believe that each of us were put there for a reason.... I hope that you are able to keep watching the shows and see each and everyone of our great moments and realize that we are not "whiners", but winners! I wish you the best.

Tiffany Dixon

October 1, 2008, 7:29 pm CDT

Drat! I missed today's show and SO wanted to see.

Quote From: donuts

Hi Annie J,

I totally agree with everything in your message. I did email one to Joe also. Let's hope Joe can read them.

Donna S

It is times like this I think, "Thank God for reruns." BTW: Take care Donna S. From fellow Dr. Phil member, SEA

DR. PHIL WEBSITE  
by:  SEA
Inspired by us all

Dr. Phil Website Moderators, Technical Staff, you, me and we
O ffering a beautiful online international fellowship  
C reating harmony

October 1, 2008, 8:58 pm CDT

For beach time I'd eat health food store dried seaweed!

From me, SEA, to all those so blessed to participate in this great weight loss solution race. If anyone wants a double cheeseburger instead of finishing race, please, let me take your place. Sincerely, yesyoucan aka SEA

Read below, with a Texas accent, to Tune of Janis Joplins song: "Mercedes Benz". Singing the inches away.

S.O.S. PRAYER TO DR. PHIL SHOW

Oh Lord, won’t you choose SEA for a beach trip to send?
Her friends all eat pizza, she must make amends
Worked hard all her lifetime, trouble round every bend,
So Lord, won’t you help SEA's waist line to descend ?

Oh Lord, won’t you contact producers for SEA ?
Dr. Phil's THE DOCTORS never chose her you see.
SEA waits to hear back each day till past three,
So Oh Lord, won’t you contact producers for SEA ?

Oh Lord, SEA needs help from head to her toes ?
We're counting on you, Lord, to call Dr. Phil Show.
Prove God don't make no junk so she don't feel so low,
Oh Lord, please, won’t you call Dr. Phil Show ?

(Chorus)
Everybody!
Oh Lord, won’t you choose SEA for a beach trip to send?
Her friends all eat pizza, she must make amends
Worked hard all her lifetime, trouble round every bend,
So Lord, won’t you help SEA's waist line to descend ?
That’s the ticket! "

October 1, 2008, 10:12 pm CDT

The Show

I watched the show today. It wasn't what I expected. But it sure got to the root of the problem. It sure took me for a loop when a husband calls his wife a fat b****. Call me naive but how can someone do that to the one they love? The two brothers was heartbreaking.  Good to hear that we're not crazy when we talk to over deceased parents. There are still times when I'll reach for the phone to tell my mom something then realize she's gone. Now that they got to the root of their overeating they can look at eating in a totally different way.

It also took me for a loop that all their meals are already prepared. Not really sure what they'll learn for that. I was expecting them to learn how to prepare meals for them self.

I can't wait for the next show to see what direction it's going to take.  Good luck to all the couples. Hang in there believe in yourself and you'll make it.

October 2, 2008, 5:07 am CDT

10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Quote From: tiffanydixon

Hi, I am Tiffany (of the green team.). It is a shame that you look at everyone's struggles as "whining."  We are venting our frustrations and our problems to the entire world, and then you perceive it as "whining." We all (all teams) had different reasons for getting picked out of thousands of others that submitted their tapes, and I TRULY believe that most of the people involved in the race are appreciative of what we have been given. I sincerely believe that each of us were put there for a reason.... I hope that you are able to keep watching the shows and see each and everyone of our great moments and realize that we are not "whiners", but winners! I wish you the best.

Tiffany Dixon

Tiffany,

First I truly want to wish you the best, best, best of luck in your struggles.  I know you can do it!  You are strong and ready : )

I don't consider dealing with your struggles as whining.  It really isn't what I am talking about.  Each of you has incredible courage for going on national TV and not only dealing with your weight issues but putting raw emotions on the table. 

I was so frustrated when I watched the first weight loss challenge some years ago and saw some of the participants not taking the program seriously.  They would "whine" about the silliest things.  All the while I was thinking, "Don't you want to do this?" 

I read your blog about not eating enough.  Has anyone ever told us that we weren't eating enough?  Not me, that's certain : )  I bet that if you follow Dr. Phil you will reach all of your goals.

Please stick with it and know that I will be rooting for you every day.  I also live in Maryland and I would love to meet you.  Feel free to e-mail me individually if you would like famhul88@aol.com. 

Best of luck to you.  Go, Tiffany, Go!!

Dana Huller

Port Deposit, Maryland

October 2, 2008, 11:31 am CDT

Name Calling

Quote From: tlpiggy5

I watched the show today. It wasn't what I expected. But it sure got to the root of the problem. It sure took me for a loop when a husband calls his wife a fat b****. Call me naive but how can someone do that to the one they love? The two brothers was heartbreaking.  Good to hear that we're not crazy when we talk to over deceased parents. There are still times when I'll reach for the phone to tell my mom something then realize she's gone. Now that they got to the root of their overeating they can look at eating in a totally different way.

It also took me for a loop that all their meals are already prepared. Not really sure what they'll learn for that. I was expecting them to learn how to prepare meals for them self.

I can't wait for the next show to see what direction it's going to take.  Good luck to all the couples. Hang in there believe in yourself and you'll make it.

Hello,

I am Tiffany (green team)... The Malibu episode that aired yesterday ws certainly emotional for all of us. My husband and I both called each other names. But I really don't want anyone to think that the minute he walks in the house he is yelling "Fat B*t*h." Because that really is not what has happened. We usually are already in an argument over something else and the stress levels reach an ultimate high and we start dropping names on each other. I take responsibility for calling him names too, but that was never part of the episode. I truly think that talking to Dr Phil has put a positive image on our relationship. By competing in the race together, it was up to us to work as a team-something we haven't done in a very LONG time. It has definitley impacted our marriage in a positive way and I thank Dr Phil for everything he is doing for us!  Thank you for your support and I hope to keep in touch with you!

Tiffany Dixon

tiffanyandphildixon@yahoo.com

October 2, 2008, 4:37 pm CDT

Mr. Huller

Quote From: huller

I don't get the contestants.  If I were chosen to participate in something like this, I would give it 100%.  Don't they understand that they are being GIVEN the opportunity that so many of us would love to have.  I would love to have trainers, a beautiful place to exercise, meals made for me so that I can learn how to eat, surrounded by others in the same predicament.  I would love the accountability.  They need to stop their whining and step up to the plate.  They have won this opportunity - I hope they don't blow it.
i don't understand what you mean? everyone on the show is giving 100 %! maybe you are watching a different show than all of us but from what i saw and being on the show in person, i know that every team busted their ass and worked extremely hard! hopefully in the next couple of weeks and mos. you will come to see how hard we all worked and strived to better ourselves.

October 2, 2008, 4:42 pm CDT

jeff(orange tesm)

Quote From: tiffanydixon

Hello,

I am Tiffany (green team)... The Malibu episode that aired yesterday ws certainly emotional for all of us. My husband and I both called each other names. But I really don't want anyone to think that the minute he walks in the house he is yelling "Fat B*t*h." Because that really is not what has happened. We usually are already in an argument over something else and the stress levels reach an ultimate high and we start dropping names on each other. I take responsibility for calling him names too, but that was never part of the episode. I truly think that talking to Dr Phil has put a positive image on our relationship. By competing in the race together, it was up to us to work as a team-something we haven't done in a very LONG time. It has definitley impacted our marriage in a positive way and I thank Dr Phil for everything he is doing for us!  Thank you for your support and I hope to keep in touch with you!

Tiffany Dixon

tiffanyandphildixon@yahoo.com

about phil and tiffany calling each other names. i know from my past relationship that it happens sometimes. however getting to know tiffany and phil on a personal level,do not take to heart the name calling between them. they are both awesome people and phil is one of the nicest people me and my brother ever met. as far as the prepared meals. it was part of Dr.Phils 14 day rapid start plan. the meaning is to get everyone to eat healthy food that would sustain our weight loss based on our calorie intake and what we needed. hope that gives you a better understanding of what we are doing.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last