Message Boards

Topic : 10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Number of Replies: 54
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:39:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date, with six teams of two competing in a race across the country to drop pounds and inches. After the first grueling challenge in Hollywood, the teams check into the Dr. Phil House, where many surprises await. Head trainer Robert Reames explains their new personalized meal system based on Dr. Phil’s Rapid Start Plan, but can the teams resist the House’s plentiful snack foods? Then, after their first workout with their trainers on the beach in Malibu, Dr. Phil flies in via helicopter to review Key #2 of his 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom: Healing Feelings. Richard confronts his emotions over the painful loss of two loved ones for whom he hasn’t properly grieved. Can his brother, Jeff, convince him how much he’s loved and needed? Dr. Phil admonishes Phil and Tiffany for the negative names they call each other, and confronts Lauren about how much she criticizes her twin, Joe. Will the competitors stop medicating themselves with food and learn permanent healthy lifestyle realignment? Join the weight loss movement, and vote for your favorite teams and trainers! Ultimate Weight Loss Race  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2008, 9:49 pm CDT

Kudos, Dr. Phil

Dear Dr. Phil,

I think the work you are doing with these overweight people is terrific!!!  I applaude you and them.  I will conitnue to follow their progress on your show and once again, this is a wonderful thing you are doing for them!!!

October 9, 2008, 1:24 pm CDT

where

I just want to know where is that beach we saw in the tv show

October 9, 2008, 7:45 pm CDT

The Beach

Quote From: mariedauphine

I just want to know where is that beach we saw in the tv show

is in California - Malibu!

Phil Team Green

October 13, 2008, 8:26 am CDT

10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Quote From: huller

I don't get the contestants.  If I were chosen to participate in something like this, I would give it 100%.  Don't they understand that they are being GIVEN the opportunity that so many of us would love to have.  I would love to have trainers, a beautiful place to exercise, meals made for me so that I can learn how to eat, surrounded by others in the same predicament.  I would love the accountability.  They need to stop their whining and step up to the plate.  They have won this opportunity - I hope they don't blow it.
Hi! This is Annette from the pink team =] You dont get the contestants because you dont know us. We applied to be a part of this show because we needed the push and the motivation to get on the right track where weight is concerned. We knew that it was going to be a struggle. We were thrown out of our comfort zones and into a completely different atmosphere. Every single team gave more than 100% and I am so proud of what we all have accomplished. Please keep in mind that the journey to achieve our weight loss goals only began at Malibu Beach. That was our first workout and it was a very difficult one. Am I complaining? Absolutely not. I am so thankful to have been given this opportunity. So before you judge us and call us whiners, please watch the rest of the show and try to understand the physical and emotional changes transformations that we went through. We all stepped up to the plate and I can guarantee that none of us "blew it." Take care.

Annette

October 13, 2008, 8:31 am CDT

To the pink team.

I just want to say that I love your positive and outgoing attitudes. You both seemed so excited and eager to get started. I hope that you both suceed in this life changing adventure, as well as the other teams. Good Luck to everyone!

October 14, 2008, 6:34 pm CDT

Hello

Quote From: huller

I don't get the contestants.  If I were chosen to participate in something like this, I would give it 100%.  Don't they understand that they are being GIVEN the opportunity that so many of us would love to have.  I would love to have trainers, a beautiful place to exercise, meals made for me so that I can learn how to eat, surrounded by others in the same predicament.  I would love the accountability.  They need to stop their whining and step up to the plate.  They have won this opportunity - I hope they don't blow it.

Hello,

Richard Jackson from the Orange team here. Just saw your comment and wanted to respond. First of all i agree with you 100%! Not all of us complained and most of us realized what a gift we had been given. This show has literally saved my life. No ifs,ands, or buts about it! Just stay tuned.

Riuchard Jackson

October 14, 2008, 6:54 pm CDT

Richard(Orange Team)

Quote From: donuts

This is for the gentlemen that is on the orange team. I can relate to your weight  issue. I just lost my father who I took care of for a very long time due to my dad having cancer. I lost both my parents to cancer and my dad had  only been gone for 21/2 years. My father died with all of his family at his bed side at home and I took it very hard just like you have. I was watching the show today crying with you and when I seen you and your brother talking face to face I said to myself well Donna let this be a message to you also. When Dr. Phil said to you  is this what your dad would have wanted you to be doing. Well after seeing you today I made up my mind to do this with you. You have inspired me to do this and I am going to do it. You will make your dad and grandmother happy because they are watching you and they are with you every step of the way. Go fight and you will win because I am going to make this happen for me also. I will be watching Dr. Phil show just to keep looking for you.  Just move on and keep fight.  If you look on the message board I see people fighting for you so go fight and win as they say. Lets do it.

Hello,

Just read your message and had to say that it really touched me. I'm glad and totally pumped that you have decided to do this with us! That is awesome! We are taking this second oppurtunity and we are running with it! We will not let you down! Message us at anytime.

Your Friend,

Richard

October 14, 2008, 11:38 pm CDT

weight loss

call me old fashioned but I still like to use the south beach diet. it still works for me

October 15, 2008, 2:48 pm CDT

Quote From: BrianX29

Whatever anyone does DO NOT DRINK SODAS. Sodas have the purest form of sugar in them that is very bad for your body. One soda is Bad. Imagine some people out there can drink 5 or 10 of those a day

THAT IS SICKENING.............

Some nutritionists warn against drinking the sugar-free, calorie free sodas, too. They say the artificial sweeteners in them can cause sugar cravings that could lead to over-indulgence in candy, cookies, and other sugar-laden junk foods. And, while Splenda (sucralose) is deemed safe, is it really? I found some stevia-sweetened sodas last Tuesday, while shopping at Earth Fare for the foods I needed for the Rapid-Start program. They're called Zevia. I drink one a day. Have been on Rapid-start for a week now, following the menus as closely as possible, and lost four pounds. Since it's apple season, I'm substituting apples

for the fruit called for every day. Also substituted egg whites for fat-free ham for breakfast one day, since I couldn't find any. And, I had to substitute broccoli for the artichoke on today's lunch menu. Don't know what was wrong with it, too old maybe, but the leaves were thin and there was no "meat" on them.

October 15, 2008, 3:32 pm CDT

Quote From: coolchick332

call me old fashioned but I still like to use the south beach diet. it still works for me

It does seem to be one of the better diets. Since it places an emphasis on "good" fats and carbs. But, I wouldn't eat their 'deli" and microwave meals. Too much sodium. I'm on Day 8 of Dr Phil's Rapid-Start program. I'm, with an occasional substitution, following his daily menus. And, have lost four pounds.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last