Message Boards

Topic : 10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Number of Replies: 54
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:39:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date, with six teams of two competing in a race across the country to drop pounds and inches. After the first grueling challenge in Hollywood, the teams check into the Dr. Phil House, where many surprises await. Head trainer Robert Reames explains their new personalized meal system based on Dr. Phil’s Rapid Start Plan, but can the teams resist the House’s plentiful snack foods? Then, after their first workout with their trainers on the beach in Malibu, Dr. Phil flies in via helicopter to review Key #2 of his 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom: Healing Feelings. Richard confronts his emotions over the painful loss of two loved ones for whom he hasn’t properly grieved. Can his brother, Jeff, convince him how much he’s loved and needed? Dr. Phil admonishes Phil and Tiffany for the negative names they call each other, and confronts Lauren about how much she criticizes her twin, Joe. Will the competitors stop medicating themselves with food and learn permanent healthy lifestyle realignment? Join the weight loss movement, and vote for your favorite teams and trainers! Ultimate Weight Loss Race  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 20, 2008, 3:44 pm CDT

10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Quote From: richardjackson

Hello,

Just read your message and had to say that it really touched me. I'm glad and totally pumped that you have decided to do this with us! That is awesome! We are taking this second oppurtunity and we are running with it! We will not let you down! Message us at anytime.

Your Friend,

Richard

I'm on day 13 of the Rapid Start program. One more to go! I've been following the menus in Dr Phil's food guide. With a few substitutions.

Tried to eat an artichoke for lunch on the day Dr Phil's menu called for it, But, there was no "meat" on the leaves. So, I threw it away and ate broccoli.

Today's breakfast called for cream of wheat. But, since it's only got one gram of fiber, I substituted kamut, which has four.

Haven't been able to find yellow beans. So, I'm eating green beans instead.

So many people eat fast food all the time because they think it's easier, and cheaper, than cooking, and eating, healthy meals. But, cooking dinner for just myself is easy. And, cheaper than eating fast food.

I ask the butcher to give me a quarter pound of whatever beef, fish or pork is on the menu and cook it on the stove. And, I cook my fresh vegetables in those microwave steamer bags.

Yesterday, a quarter pound of sirloin and the fresh green beans and squash to go with it came to $3.29. Find me a fast food sandwich for that!

October 22, 2008, 10:13 am CDT

10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

I finished Rapid Start yesterday. Have lost 5.8 pounds as a result. Am going to continue applying the basic principle to my eating. Had a no-sugar-added fruit cup, oatmeal, ham steak, and low-fat lactose free milk for breakfast. Today's my anniversary, we'll be eating out, but I'll still be sensible. Cedar plank salmon with steamed vegetables. Another benefit of Rapid Start? Less farting!

November 21, 2008, 10:31 pm CST

Where are they?

I was wondering what happened to the weight loss race. Where are they, and will they be on again? Are  they still losing weight? I'm just wondering what happened to them since we haven't seen them in quite a while.

May 24, 2009, 8:10 am CDT

The Two Brothers

I just want to comment on Jeffrey and Richard..What great guys!! Not just for their achievements but the love of the family they share…what great guys!! You can see the support they have towards each other.

I love how when Richard broke down Jeffrey grabbed his brother’s hand and they shook hands…so kind.

For very real men to break down and show feelings like that says a lot about a man.

I have seen many Dr. Phil shows …but this by far was the one that seems to stick out for me…I enjoyed watching Jeffrey and Richard and how they communicate and make you feel like there are great people out there.

I hope they are back on at some point or updates are given on how they are both doing.

On a vain side of things…they are adorable!!! I love being Canadian..but times like this I wish I lived in the USA! Haha.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next Page | Last Page