Message Boards

Topic : 10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:20:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
America was riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of the Casey Anthony case. Now the Florida mom is back in the news again. Casey was initially named a person of interest in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, but is now considered a suspect. Dr. Phil asks the questions that are on the minds of millions: Why hasn’t Casey been charged yet? Could the young mom somehow be involved in her child's disappearance? To help demystify the case is Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv's In Session. Can Lisa help shed light on why Casey isn't behind bars? And, Dr. Phil examines another high-profile case that has captivated millions: the Las Vegas trial of O.J. Simpson. Fred and Kim Goldman, father and sister of the late Ron Goldman, weigh in on the fate of their nemesis. Now that the prosecution has rested its case against the former football star, the Goldmans express their hopes -- and fears -- for the verdict. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2008, 4:56 am CDT

10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Quote From: ramair

Since the verdict is no longer forthcoming, OJ was found guilty last week, the show ought to be replaced with something more relevant to our lives.
I so trully agree with you. Move on to something else..

October 7, 2008, 5:53 am CDT

Casey and OJ

My gut tells me the mother killed this little girl by accident and as perfect as she thinks she is she tried to cover it up instead of admitting she's human and can err like the best of us.  Now this has grown into a mountain of dirt composed of lies !!  Why can't this be about that sweet little girl.

As for OJ, he's finally going to pick up that ringing phone and answer it, its been ringing for 13 years since the death of his wife Nicole and her friend Ron, bless their hearts.  On the other end of that ringing phone will be God.  God whispers and then he yells at us, OJ is beyond yelling, the only sound OJ will hear is the squeaking sound of an eraser.

October 7, 2008, 6:22 am CDT

Quote From: usa_2425

I am happy that O.J is behind bars. He is nothing but a loser.
I think a majority of the people agree with you that he is a "LOSER"!

Every "DOG" has his day and his time is now. Prison is where he belongs.

October 7, 2008, 6:34 am CDT

Goldmans

I feel very sorry for Goldman family''s loss but  sadder still  that  they are  tormenting  themselves with such hatred  in  their  hearts that they  can't  enjoy  life  anymore.  Do  they  believe  life  in  prison  for  OJ  will  really   take  away  the sourness in their  throats.   I  hope  they  are  believers in Christ,  give  this  over   to Him  and  get  on  with  life.

October 7, 2008, 6:48 am CDT

OJ and Casey

Not again!!! You must be running ourt of material for your shows.  We all know OJ is quilty of murder and now guilty of this.  So what....Hopefully he rots in prison.

And, on Casey Anthony you really don't tell us anything we don't know already.  I think we all know she is quilty too and we have heard all this 100 times.  I can't wait till she goes to prison.

So, lets talk about something we don't know.

October 7, 2008, 9:53 am CDT

Ooooh...good one re OJ!

Quote From: ayianastorm657

My gut tells me the mother killed this little girl by accident and as perfect as she thinks she is she tried to cover it up instead of admitting she's human and can err like the best of us.  Now this has grown into a mountain of dirt composed of lies !!  Why can't this be about that sweet little girl.

As for OJ, he's finally going to pick up that ringing phone and answer it, its been ringing for 13 years since the death of his wife Nicole and her friend Ron, bless their hearts.  On the other end of that ringing phone will be God.  God whispers and then he yells at us, OJ is beyond yelling, the only sound OJ will hear is the squeaking sound of an eraser.

There's no way that this mother killed that child by accident....remember the chloroform searches on her computer?? MY gut tells me she is a sociopath who got tired of the stresses and requirements of motherhood and just didn't want to be bothered with a little girl who got in the way of her partying!  And, the only lying going is what comes out of the child's MOTHER'S mouth! It IS about the little girl! 

Pay attention!

Loved what you said about OJ, though.

October 7, 2008, 9:56 am CDT

Quote From: mslisa158

First I would like to say that OJ Simpson got exactly what he deserved. He got away with killing two people and he couldn't sit down after that. He is like a child that needs constant attention and if he doesn't get it he goes into a temper tandrum. So I'm glad that he is in jail. Should he ever be released NO!!!!!. IF I see or hear about the GOLDMAN family I'm going to scream. I'm really sick of them. They need to face reality that they are not going to get the verdict of the sue they won. I wish they would dissappear. I'm sick of them. I feel sorry about the poor little girl Caylee. People we all know that her mother killed her and the parents know it to. But they are trying to protect their daughter from going to jail. This person killed her flesh and blood and she to should be locked up for the rest of her life better yet she should die the same death that her child did.

Re your comment about the Goldmans:  I wonder if you would be so harsh if it was a member of YOUR family that was so brutally butchered, and then you had to watch the a**hole who did it walk away with a smirk on his ugly face??

Personally, I would also hound him straight into the gates of hell, myself! NOW maybe they can find some peace. Let's hope so.

October 7, 2008, 10:01 am CDT

Nancy Grace & Dr. Phil

I am very grateful that both Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace have both kept this story alive. 

(Also) how Dr. Phil showed other missing children too. 

No its not a slow "news" week. 

Its called a follow up to this diabolical LIAR who has tried to twist and tangle every detective and investigative reporter and even tried to lie  NANCY GRACE AN ADVOCATE for CHILDREN and our very own DR PHIL an expert in the HUMAN condition for over 30 years.

(yes folks)

The man had a practice with a real lic in TEXAS  for over 30 years prior to his new show biz life. 

These experts have dissected this very bad woman's Mother???

Who will not cooperate with authorities because its not  I REPEAT NOT IN HER OWN BEST INTEREST!

She has looked on the web for CHLOROFORM,  HAS HAD GASES of HUMAN REMAINS taken out of her trunk,  LIED from the get go to the police regarding EVERYTHING...

Now instead of being a person of interest she is a SUSPECT. 

When she does get arrested again,  In my heart I DO HOPE SHE GETS to go into PUBLIC POPULATION and NOT have ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT. 

Her daughter hasn't had any regard....Neither should she. 

I HOPE SHE GETS FOUND GUILTY AND GETS THE DEATH PENALTY!

October 7, 2008, 10:18 am CDT

NOT about the money!!

Quote From: fourx4granny

I too am tired of hearing about the O.J. Simpson case. What makes it worse is that everytime the Goldmans are in the news it's all about what money they haven't gotten.  No amount of money is going to bring Ron back. We hear so much about this family. I'm sorry that you lost your son, but there are millions of people who have lost loved ones in tragic ways, (including Nichol's children) and they don't get the world wide attention that you are getting or seeking.  May I suggest that Mr. Goldman try counseling.  Perhaps then he could get on with his life.

For the hundredth time:  It's NOT about the Goldmans GETTING THE MONEY!! IT'S ABOUT KEEPING OJ FROM PROFITING IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE like he would have if not for the Goldmans persisting in blocking him!! They sued him in a civil court because the criminal court did not do it's job...it was the ONLY way they had to make him accountable for that crime...and, ONLY because of their persistence did he finally screw up again badly enough to put himself where he is now.  If they would have left him alone, he would have continued dancing along, wearing that ugly smirk, enjoying his freedom and laughing at everyone....including the jury who stupidly let him go, and the rest of the people who have continued to defend him over the years...which includes his duped "friends"!

("If it does not fit, you must acquit"...bullcrap! It didn't fit because the jerk had arthritic swelling AND because he was wearing white gloves UNDERNEATH! Who didn't see that??)

There's no way for the Goldmans to "just get over" losing their son in such a horrible way. I'm sure they could've found some kind of peace if justice had been served the FIRST time as it should have been, instead of the ignorant jury being blinded by hero worship and letting him get away with murder because of who he was.  He DESERVES to be hounded for the rest of his miserable, worthless life!

So, say thank you to the Goldmans for getting that maniac off the streets! No one else seemed to be able to! 

October 7, 2008, 11:20 am CDT

Casey

WHy can they not give the mother sodium pen ( truth serum)?  Why cant they do this for anyone when a child is in the picture 8 years or younger,.  I think that this has been a disgrace to the american judicial system on how this was handled.  She needs to be put behind bars for obsrusting justice, lying, fraud, bad checks. There should not be any bail that could get her out.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last