Message Boards

Topic : 10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:20:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
America was riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of the Casey Anthony case. Now the Florida mom is back in the news again. Casey was initially named a person of interest in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, but is now considered a suspect. Dr. Phil asks the questions that are on the minds of millions: Why hasn’t Casey been charged yet? Could the young mom somehow be involved in her child's disappearance? To help demystify the case is Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv's In Session. Can Lisa help shed light on why Casey isn't behind bars? And, Dr. Phil examines another high-profile case that has captivated millions: the Las Vegas trial of O.J. Simpson. Fred and Kim Goldman, father and sister of the late Ron Goldman, weigh in on the fate of their nemesis. Now that the prosecution has rested its case against the former football star, the Goldmans express their hopes -- and fears -- for the verdict. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2008, 1:22 pm CDT

10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Quote From: happywife02

I cannot believe the goldmans are on this show AGAIN.They need to MOVE ON!!! What a miserable life they must lead.Why can't they ever just be happy for the life they shared with him??  im sure this verdict  for oj really gives them a bit of satisfaction. i don't know what else to say about  this case anymore. 
i agree. give it a break already. MOVE ON with your lives. or waste it full of hate obsessed with something you can't change. OJ was found not guilty by our justice system. try changing the system goldmans, instead of harping on this and trying to get your $$$..

October 7, 2008, 1:23 pm CDT

Background of Detective conversation

If you play the video game World of Warcraft you are probably familiar with an addon called Auctioneer. If you listen during the conversation Casey Anthony has with the Detective, you can hear the sound of the Auctioneer addon completing the auction scanning process (a very distinct music clip). Therefore, she's also playing video games while her daughter is 'out there'.

October 7, 2008, 1:33 pm CDT

a mother's opinion on missing little ms. anthony

as a mother of a woderful 2 year old little boy, if he were to go missing, the first day i would call police!! i would not wait 31 days!!!!!!!!  she may not be guilty of murder in the end, but in my eyes, as amother, not reporting her missing until a month later, makes as guilty as all!!!!! this story makes me very upset and i hope they find the little girl and thruth as asoon as possible!!!!!!!

October 7, 2008, 1:38 pm CDT

A suggestion for the investigators...
If they would start looking for a "why" they may find the where and how.  If a mother did something like this, there had to be a reason, at least in her mind.  Find the reason why she would want her child to disappear... what benefit is it to her?  and then you find the thought process during the time of the disappearance, which can help lead to the child.

I will continue to include this child in my prayers every night!

October 7, 2008, 1:44 pm CDT

Quote From: cndrlla

For the hundredth time:  It's NOT about the Goldmans GETTING THE MONEY!! IT'S ABOUT KEEPING OJ FROM PROFITING IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE like he would have if not for the Goldmans persisting in blocking him!! They sued him in a civil court because the criminal court did not do it's job...it was the ONLY way they had to make him accountable for that crime...and, ONLY because of their persistence did he finally screw up again badly enough to put himself where he is now.  If they would have left him alone, he would have continued dancing along, wearing that ugly smirk, enjoying his freedom and laughing at everyone....including the jury who stupidly let him go, and the rest of the people who have continued to defend him over the years...which includes his duped "friends"!

("If it does not fit, you must acquit"...bullcrap! It didn't fit because the jerk had arthritic swelling AND because he was wearing white gloves UNDERNEATH! Who didn't see that??)

There's no way for the Goldmans to "just get over" losing their son in such a horrible way. I'm sure they could've found some kind of peace if justice had been served the FIRST time as it should have been, instead of the ignorant jury being blinded by hero worship and letting him get away with murder because of who he was.  He DESERVES to be hounded for the rest of his miserable, worthless life!

So, say thank you to the Goldmans for getting that maniac off the streets! No one else seemed to be able to! 

I totally understand this too and don't understand why other people do not.  I'm so glad to see somebody else agrees with me.  And God bless the Goldmans!

October 7, 2008, 2:00 pm CDT

Huh?

What happened to the episode about phobias that they advertised yesterday?  I was really looking forward to that episode.  When is it going to air?

October 7, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

THIS IS MY OPINION ON THE WHY

Quote From: bettababy

A suggestion for the investigators...
If they would start looking for a "why" they may find the where and how.  If a mother did something like this, there had to be a reason, at least in her mind.  Find the reason why she would want her child to disappear... what benefit is it to her?  and then you find the thought process during the time of the disappearance, which can help lead to the child.

I will continue to include this child in my prayers every night!
GOD FORBID YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY, AND REALLY GOD FORBID THAT RESPONSIBILITY GETS IN WAY OF YOUR PARTYING, GETTING TATOOS ETC ETC. 

October 7, 2008, 2:06 pm CDT

Put yourself

Quote From: happywife02

I cannot believe the goldmans are on this show AGAIN.They need to MOVE ON!!! What a miserable life they must lead.Why can't they ever just be happy for the life they shared with him??  im sure this verdict  for oj really gives them a bit of satisfaction. i don't know what else to say about  this case anymore. 

In THEIR shoes! How would you feel, had it been your child that was murdered and the murder got off free? They are just trying to keep OJ from making anything of his life again because the justice system failed to that. So they are wrong in trying to keep him where he belongs, just above ground?

I lost a daughter at the age of 14 to a car accident and even though my situation is far different from theirs, doesn't matter. The loss of child brings on a pain you cannot fathom unless you have been there. It is a pain that NEVER goes away. I don't blame the Goldman's one bit for being there. They didn't ask for this, they were forced into when OJ slaughtered their son and Nicole.

Debra

October 7, 2008, 2:09 pm CDT

On the same page

Quote From: kelleerae87

as a mother of a woderful 2 year old little boy, if he were to go missing, the first day i would call police!! i would not wait 31 days!!!!!!!!  she may not be guilty of murder in the end, but in my eyes, as amother, not reporting her missing until a month later, makes as guilty as all!!!!! this story makes me very upset and i hope they find the little girl and thruth as asoon as possible!!!!!!!

I too have a son that is 2 and if he came up missing I would be calling 911 as soon as I discovered he was gone. I don't care if who took him and told me I would die if I called the police, my child comes first. She wasn't out looking for the kidnappers, she was celebrating.

Debra

October 7, 2008, 2:09 pm CDT

YEAH

Quote From: KathySue

I totally understand this too and don't understand why other people do not.  I'm so glad to see somebody else agrees with me.  And God bless the Goldmans!
YOU SO HAVE IT RIGHT ON THE MARK!!  I'M SORRY BUT DAY AFTER DAY I WATCHED HIM WALK TO THE COURT HOUSE...THERE IS NOBODY THAT WILL CONVINCE ME THAT HE THOUGHT ONCE AGAIN HE WAS GOING TO WALK.  GUESS HE WASN'T SMILING SO MUCH WHEN THAT VERDICT CAME IN.  AND NOW ONCE AGAIN DO I HEAR THE WORD RACISM?  THAT IS SUCH BULL TOO.  HIS ATTORNEY HAD EVERY RIGHT TO THROW PEOPLE OFF THAT HE DIDN'T WANT ON THAT JURY.  I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE JURIES OUTRAGE THAT THEY ARE PREDJUDICE AND DIDN'T DO THEIR JOB.   I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT COLOR, POOR OR RICH, ETC....YOU BREAK THE LAW THAT APPLIES TO ALL OF US....YOU DAMN WELL DO THE TIME.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last