Message Boards

Topic : 10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:20:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
America was riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of the Casey Anthony case. Now the Florida mom is back in the news again. Casey was initially named a person of interest in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, but is now considered a suspect. Dr. Phil asks the questions that are on the minds of millions: Why hasn’t Casey been charged yet? Could the young mom somehow be involved in her child's disappearance? To help demystify the case is Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv's In Session. Can Lisa help shed light on why Casey isn't behind bars? And, Dr. Phil examines another high-profile case that has captivated millions: the Las Vegas trial of O.J. Simpson. Fred and Kim Goldman, father and sister of the late Ron Goldman, weigh in on the fate of their nemesis. Now that the prosecution has rested its case against the former football star, the Goldmans express their hopes -- and fears -- for the verdict. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2008, 2:25 pm CDT

ARE YOU STUCK ON STUPID LADY????

Quote From: happywife02

I cannot believe the goldmans are on this show AGAIN.They need to MOVE ON!!! What a miserable life they must lead.Why can't they ever just be happy for the life they shared with him??  im sure this verdict  for oj really gives them a bit of satisfaction. i don't know what else to say about  this case anymore. 

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE GOLDMAN'S ARE ON THE SHOW AGAIN ???? THEY NEED TO MOVE ON????

HELLO  ????????

HEY LADY  HAVE YOU EVER had any  ANY OF YOUR KIDS MURDER?? KILLED with a KNIFE or a GUN?  Do you even have a child?  HOW DARE you have the nerve to say such a comment?

Like I said in the comment line  ARE YOU STUCK ON STUPID?

I say OJ  has finally now has gotten justice.....GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS.

I cannot BELIEVE HOW STUPID  SOME AMERICANS ARE  so I will SAY IT  Forgive them for they do not know.

October 7, 2008, 2:26 pm CDT

10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

My comment isn't about weather or not OJ Simpson is guilty or not guilty its about how the Goldman's have been handling everything since the loss of their son/brother.  I don't think they have represented him well.  I don't think they are carrying his memory in a possitive way.  I too have suffered a loss of a loved one due to murder and the murderer was also not found or in our case we believe was overlooked by police.  Is that fair?  Is that justice?  Absolutely not but at the same time you do not see our family going on every talk show or news cast that will allow us and try and drive someone crazy.  I mean they actually admitted to trying to make OJ crazy and were proud of this.  What does that say for the character of the Goldman's?  Never once do the Goldman's comment on the children that were affected in the whole nightmare.  Its all about them.  Like there was no other family members affected by this.  I think the Goldman's need to stop absessing about OJ and just learn to forgive.  If they learn to forgive then maybe their life won't be so miserable and they won't revolve around OJ.  It just seems like a depressing life to be constantly obsessing over the man that you believe killed your loved one.  My family would fall apart if we did that to the person we believed killed our loved one.

I want to end by saying that I'm not defending OJ Simpson at all. I just think the Goldman's need to move on.  They have spent enough time grieving... now its time to forgive and move on with their life before their own life is over.

October 7, 2008, 2:28 pm CDT

Enough of the LIES

Quote From: morganite14

If you play the video game World of Warcraft you are probably familiar with an addon called Auctioneer. If you listen during the conversation Casey Anthony has with the Detective, you can hear the sound of the Auctioneer addon completing the auction scanning process (a very distinct music clip). Therefore, she's also playing video games while her daughter is 'out there'.

Her daughter is dead.

She killed her daugher

she will be convicted of this

and sent to jail.

for 30 years

THE END

October 7, 2008, 2:31 pm CDT

My comment isn't about weather or not OJ Simpson is guilty or not guilty its about how the Goldman's have been handling everything since the loss of their son/brother.  I don't think they have represented him well.  I don't think they are carrying his memory in a possitive way.  I too have suffered a loss of a loved one due to murder and the murderer was also not found or in our case we believe was overlooked by police.  Is that fair?  Is that justice?  Absolutely not but at the same time you do not see our family going on every talk show or news cast that will allow us and try and drive someone crazy.  I mean they actually admitted to trying to make OJ crazy and were proud of this.  What does that say for the character of the Goldman's?  Never once do the Goldman's comment on the children that were affected in the whole nightmare.  Its all about them.  Like there was no other family members affected by this.  I think the Goldman's need to stop absessing about OJ and just learn to forgive.  If they learn to forgive then maybe their life won't be so miserable and they won't revolve around OJ.  It just seems like a depressing life to be constantly obsessing over the man that you believe killed your loved one.  My family would fall apart if we did that to the person we believed killed our loved one.

I want to end by saying that I'm not defending OJ Simpson at all. I just think the Goldman's need to move on.  They have spent enough time grieving... now its time to forgive and move on with their life before their own life is over.

October 7, 2008, 2:33 pm CDT

Quote From: nannook

I feel very sorry for Goldman family''s loss but  sadder still  that  they are  tormenting  themselves with such hatred  in  their  hearts that they  can't  enjoy  life  anymore.  Do  they  believe  life  in  prison  for  OJ  will  really   take  away  the sourness in their  throats.   I  hope  they  are  believers in Christ,  give  this  over   to Him  and  get  on  with  life.

I couldn't agree more with how SADLY the Goldmans need INTENSIVE COUNSELING.  We have all lost friends & family, but most of us learn to move forward with our lives without getting 'stuck' at a point in time and becoming unable to continue living.  It sure appears that they have allowed their lives to become  miserable existences.

It seems odd to me that Dr Phil isn't working with them to concentrate on healing, rather than continually giving them more time to wallow in bitterness.  A real turn off to continually see them spew that same stuff on show after show.

As for Christ, I believe the family is Jewish.

October 7, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

Little Girl Missing

I can't believe this mother waited 31 days to call the police to report the child missing. What kind of mother is that? Some people shouldn't have had children. IMO she is one of them. And I can put many people on that list including my own parents. But IMO there is more to this then anyone knows. I just hope she is found safe and alive.

As for OJ, well as the saying goes. If a person is a jerk they will eventually dig their own grave. IMO it looks like he just did. It was just a matter of time before that happened.

And yes the Goldman's need to move on.

October 7, 2008, 2:49 pm CDT

casey anthony

SICKINGLY SAD......MY GOD THERE HAVE BEEN CONVICTIONS WITH WAAAY LESS EVIDENCE, I AM SURE.  I SEE WHY SO MANY HAVE BEEN ENRAGED.....OBVIOUSLY CASEYS RIGHTS FORESHADOWS THE POOR CHILDS RIGHTS.  I SEE SHES GONNA BE CHARGED WITH NEGLECT I SHOULD HOPE THAT SHE IS CHARGED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.  EVEN IF SHE DIDN'T DO IT BUT JUST GAVE HER NON CHALANTLY TO SOMEONE WHO MAY HAVE DONE IT.....SHE SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THAT REASON ALSO, FOR PLACING HER IN HARMS WAY CAUSING HER HARM.  I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOPEFULLY WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THAT THE LAW FORCE IS JUST GATHERING ENOUGH CONCRETE EVIDENCE TO LAY A SOLID CONVICTION SO THAT THE PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

AS FOR THE POOR CHILD......I HOPE THAT SHE IS OK WHETHER IT BE HERE ON EARTH OR BEYOND I HOPE AND PRAY FOR HER SAKE THAT SHE IS AT PEACE.

JUST SO SAD

October 7, 2008, 2:49 pm CDT

I'm left shaking my head....................

Quote From: wejohnson45

I have watched both segments of the show regarding O J Simpson and his newest legal matters. It upset me terribly seeing how you and the Goldman's smirked at the downfall of someone. Did you all forget, whether or not anyone agrees with the verdict 14yrs ago he was found not guilty in criminal court. For the Goldman's to now say it was because they have relentlessly pursued him all these years is VICTORY and it was because of that he did what he did in Las Vegas. People do all sorts of things when they're pushed to the edge. The Goldman's need to be careful of celebrating someone's misfortune whether they believe the person deserves it or not..... We are suppose to FORGIVE, of course forgetting is far harder.

VICTORY what victory have they gained? Did they consider O J's children since they have relentlessly pursued getting every penny that he could have possibly gained to take care of his children.

Does anyone remember there was someone else slaughtered that day---Nicole Simpson, let's not forget about her Ron was not alone!

It saddens me that you would react in such a way, it is appalling.

Are you going to feel the same way with the missing child's mother if it comes out that she killed that child are you going to smirk when they take her off to jail... probably NOT.

If man's law does not punish us God's law will.

What a disgusting diatribe written here. "The Goldman's need to be careful of celebrating someone's misfortune whether they believe the person deserves it or not"? Wow! What might happen to them? Something bad? Maybe their son will be killed because of the fact fact that they were actually "happy" to finally see justice. I really don't understand that statement at all! You make it sound like Karma and it's going to come full circle on them. Guess what? There tragedy has already happened! Or did you not know that?

OJ's children are now grown, if daddy didn't leave them any money, which it appears he's been living a very fine lifestyle, then that is their problem. Why can't they get a job like everyone else has to do? And don't forget when their mother's estate was settled I'm sure they were well taken care of. Has everyone forgotten that she had her "own" money?

I can't even believe that you upset you so "terribly" that the Goldman's smirked at OJ's downfall. What, were they supposed to feel sorry for him? I hope that you and everyone else who had made such horrible accusations against the Goldman's do not ever have children. You obviously don't have the capacity to feel enough love for a child to understand what this family has been put through.

To the Goldman family, God Bless You and may you finally be able to find some closer on this horrific tragedy that devastated your lives.

October 7, 2008, 3:01 pm CDT

I agree with you also!

Quote From: cndrlla

For the hundredth time:  It's NOT about the Goldmans GETTING THE MONEY!! IT'S ABOUT KEEPING OJ FROM PROFITING IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE like he would have if not for the Goldmans persisting in blocking him!! They sued him in a civil court because the criminal court did not do it's job...it was the ONLY way they had to make him accountable for that crime...and, ONLY because of their persistence did he finally screw up again badly enough to put himself where he is now.  If they would have left him alone, he would have continued dancing along, wearing that ugly smirk, enjoying his freedom and laughing at everyone....including the jury who stupidly let him go, and the rest of the people who have continued to defend him over the years...which includes his duped "friends"!

("If it does not fit, you must acquit"...bullcrap! It didn't fit because the jerk had arthritic swelling AND because he was wearing white gloves UNDERNEATH! Who didn't see that??)

There's no way for the Goldmans to "just get over" losing their son in such a horrible way. I'm sure they could've found some kind of peace if justice had been served the FIRST time as it should have been, instead of the ignorant jury being blinded by hero worship and letting him get away with murder because of who he was.  He DESERVES to be hounded for the rest of his miserable, worthless life!

So, say thank you to the Goldmans for getting that maniac off the streets! No one else seemed to be able to! 

Everyone who continues to say it's all about the money, they are turning a deaf ear when the Goldman's actually speak. They refuse to actually listen to what is really being said. And as to losing a child? You never get over it, no matter how your child has passed away. But to know that your child was murdered in such a horrific manner, well, I wouldn't want to be in the Goldman's shoes. My husband lost his son in a car accident when he was only 20 years old. I also lost my stepson. This was almost 20 years ago and it still breaks our hearts every single day. I loved my stepson like my own, but even I can't begin to understand how my husband feels inside. This is just NOT supposed to happen, it goes against nature. Only others who have lost a child can even begin to comprehend how hard this is, and what is really does to you. As to that stupid glove, well I tried it myself with a glove that was a little roomy on my hand. I put on a medical glove, the same as OJ used, and could not get my glove on. And my glove had never even gotten wet. That also makes a difference. As to those who believe the Goldman's had no hand in getting OJ locked up this time, think again. If they had never sued in civil court in the first place, his items wouldn't have been auctioned off, and he wouldn't have had to resort to crime to get them back. So yes, they did have a hand in this! I hope they can finally find some peace.

October 7, 2008, 3:30 pm CDT

Behind the headlines

Since the verdice of guilty is in - I hope that after tomorrow's show we won't see anymore of the Goldman's on the Dr Phil Show.  I hope this makes them happy but I suppose it means that if he is in jail there won't be anymore money for him to make and pass on the the Goldman's.  I'm a firm believer  that God punishes everyone in his time and if OJ is guilty of murdering Nicole and Ron and was aquitted in his first trial, OJ would have been caught doing something wrong without the Goldman's hounding him and keeping this in the media for OJ's children to see it.  It has been 13 years so I hope we can all move on with more pressing issues.  The Goldman's will never have peace until they realize that they even though it will be hard, they need to forgive OJ - the Bible says that we should forgive 7 times 70 if we expect to receive the rewards of God. 

As for Casey Anthony - I don't understand how any Mother can put her child in danger by withholding evidence or not telling where she is.  Even if she has killed the little girl it would give the Grandparents closure.  If she did kill the child should the Grandparents continue to hold it against the daughter for 13 or more years the way the Goldman's have?  We all have out troubles - it is how we handle them that is important.  I am praying that the little girl will be found alive and well.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last