Message Boards

Topic : 10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:20:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
America was riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of the Casey Anthony case. Now the Florida mom is back in the news again. Casey was initially named a person of interest in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, but is now considered a suspect. Dr. Phil asks the questions that are on the minds of millions: Why hasn’t Casey been charged yet? Could the young mom somehow be involved in her child's disappearance? To help demystify the case is Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv's In Session. Can Lisa help shed light on why Casey isn't behind bars? And, Dr. Phil examines another high-profile case that has captivated millions: the Las Vegas trial of O.J. Simpson. Fred and Kim Goldman, father and sister of the late Ron Goldman, weigh in on the fate of their nemesis. Now that the prosecution has rested its case against the former football star, the Goldmans express their hopes -- and fears -- for the verdict. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 3, 2008, 4:10 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

And Anthony Behind Casey Doctor Head Lines J.O. Phil Simpson. Ho no not again. Here we go again talk-

ng about J.O. Simpsons. When will this end? See you on Friday October 10th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russ-

sell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 4, 2008, 7:46 am CDT

Guilty

October 4, 2008, 8:32 am CDT

10/10 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

OJ was found guilty yesterday. Should've been found guilty of murdering Nicole and Ron, too. Always wondered why those gloves didn't fit. Figured they'd shrunk when the blood dried and they wouldn't go on over those latex gloves he wore. Now I know his hands were too big, because his "lawyers" told him not to take his arthritis medicine.

October 4, 2008, 10:39 am CDT

The Goldman's & the Anthony's

I'm pretty sure that OJ did kill Nicole & Ron Goldman, but I think he may have been set up on this current case. But why is the focus always just on the Goldman's? Yes, they lost a son & brother, but there were 2 others who lost something more important than a son or brother. 2 little children lost their mother that night. I'm not saying that Ron Goldman's life wasn't important. All lives are important. But children need their parents & the night that Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman were killed, those 2 children's lives were changed forever in a way that can't be fixed.

I think that the Goldman's are just money hungry. All I've ever heard them say is how upset they are because they haven't gotten all of OJ's money. I've never once heard them express any concern for OJ's children. They sold all of OJ's Super Bowl stuff, which should have been given to his children. OJ Simpson wasn't always the man who abused & then killed his wife. From everything I've read, OJ really loved his children. They are the ones who were hurt the most by their father's actions. They lost their mother & father that night. At least 1/2 the money that the Goldman's have gotten should go to OJ's children. I don't know how old they are now, but that money should have been put into trust funds for their college education & so they'd have a litle nest egg when they graduated. But I don't think the Goldman's care about anybody but themselves. They are the ones who filed the law suit & they are the ones who were awarded all of OJ's money. Who is standing up for the 2 children that lost their mother & now have lost their father too? It makes me sick to hear the Goldman's whining about how they want more of OJ's money & aren't getting enough of it. Don't the children deserve to have some of their father's belongings & money? Why are the Goldman's the only ones who seem to be entitled to it? When you had them on the show, why didn't you have someone representing the children on too? Or don't they deserve a voice in this tragedy?

I live in Central Florida & think that Casey Anthony is guilty of killing her daughter. I also think that her family knows it too & are just covering up for her. According to the local news, there are already book & movie deals in the works. They're also trying to cash in on the misfortune of the woman who Casey said was the babysitter who took Calylee. She has lost her job & can't get another one because of Casey's lies. But nobody seems to care about her. All the focus is on Casey. Most of us are sick of TV programs & the news being interrupted with "breaking news" that Casey has left her house to see her lawyer. The media is playing this up for all it's worth. Who cares how many hours Casey spends at her lawyer's office? We want to hear that they've found Caylee & that Casey is under arrest for murdering her. Once that happens, her family should be arrested for lying to the police about what they know. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Casey's father & brother helped to bury Caylee. All of the people who are driving in from other cities just to be in front of the Anthony house are just trying to get on TV. They have no business being there & are just causing the media to play this up even more. There are thousands of missing children all across the country whose parents really want to find them. Why aren't they getting the same media attention? Why is it always the little blonde haired, blue eyed girls like Jon Bennet Ramsey & Caylee Anthony who are getting all of the media attention? Why doesn't anybody care about the other missing children in this country?

October 6, 2008, 8:21 am CDT

10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Quote From: hpmx59

And Anthony Behind Casey Doctor Head Lines J.O. Phil Simpson. Ho no not again. Here we go again talk-

ng about J.O. Simpsons. When will this end? See you on Friday October 10th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russ-

sell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you completely! What in the world is Dr. Phil's obsession with discussing O.J.? I just don't get it. The case is over - forget about it already. It's just so off-putting how Dr. Phil seems to get a rush from discussing this case over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over and over.

I won't be tuning in until Friday, October 10 either.

October 6, 2008, 9:56 am CDT

Quote From: kjjarvis1

I'm pretty sure that OJ did kill Nicole & Ron Goldman, but I think he may have been set up on this current case. But why is the focus always just on the Goldman's? Yes, they lost a son & brother, but there were 2 others who lost something more important than a son or brother. 2 little children lost their mother that night. I'm not saying that Ron Goldman's life wasn't important. All lives are important. But children need their parents & the night that Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman were killed, those 2 children's lives were changed forever in a way that can't be fixed.

I think that the Goldman's are just money hungry. All I've ever heard them say is how upset they are because they haven't gotten all of OJ's money. I've never once heard them express any concern for OJ's children. They sold all of OJ's Super Bowl stuff, which should have been given to his children. OJ Simpson wasn't always the man who abused & then killed his wife. From everything I've read, OJ really loved his children. They are the ones who were hurt the most by their father's actions. They lost their mother & father that night. At least 1/2 the money that the Goldman's have gotten should go to OJ's children. I don't know how old they are now, but that money should have been put into trust funds for their college education & so they'd have a litle nest egg when they graduated. But I don't think the Goldman's care about anybody but themselves. They are the ones who filed the law suit & they are the ones who were awarded all of OJ's money. Who is standing up for the 2 children that lost their mother & now have lost their father too? It makes me sick to hear the Goldman's whining about how they want more of OJ's money & aren't getting enough of it. Don't the children deserve to have some of their father's belongings & money? Why are the Goldman's the only ones who seem to be entitled to it? When you had them on the show, why didn't you have someone representing the children on too? Or don't they deserve a voice in this tragedy?

I live in Central Florida & think that Casey Anthony is guilty of killing her daughter. I also think that her family knows it too & are just covering up for her. According to the local news, there are already book & movie deals in the works. They're also trying to cash in on the misfortune of the woman who Casey said was the babysitter who took Calylee. She has lost her job & can't get another one because of Casey's lies. But nobody seems to care about her. All the focus is on Casey. Most of us are sick of TV programs & the news being interrupted with "breaking news" that Casey has left her house to see her lawyer. The media is playing this up for all it's worth. Who cares how many hours Casey spends at her lawyer's office? We want to hear that they've found Caylee & that Casey is under arrest for murdering her. Once that happens, her family should be arrested for lying to the police about what they know. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Casey's father & brother helped to bury Caylee. All of the people who are driving in from other cities just to be in front of the Anthony house are just trying to get on TV. They have no business being there & are just causing the media to play this up even more. There are thousands of missing children all across the country whose parents really want to find them. Why aren't they getting the same media attention? Why is it always the little blonde haired, blue eyed girls like Jon Bennet Ramsey & Caylee Anthony who are getting all of the media attention? Why doesn't anybody care about the other missing children in this country?

I don't think OJ was set up. He's a common street thug who just can't stay out of trouble. And, his being black has nothing to do with my opinion of him. I'd say the same thing about him if he were white.

As for Casey Anthony, what more do they need than strands of Caylee's hair and the stench of "decomp" in the trunk of her car to know she's guilty.

Do think there's waaay to much media attention on a tiny handful of missing children. And, that Dr Phil is a part of it. 

October 6, 2008, 10:08 am CDT

Since the verdict is no longer forthcoming, OJ was found guilty last week, the show ought to be replaced with something more relevant to our lives.

October 6, 2008, 4:52 pm CDT

I am happy that O.J is behind bars. He is nothing but a loser.

October 7, 2008, 3:54 am CDT

I too am tired of hearing about the O.J. Simpson case. What makes it worse is that everytime the Goldmans are in the news it's all about what money they haven't gotten.  No amount of money is going to bring Ron back. We hear so much about this family. I'm sorry that you lost your son, but there are millions of people who have lost loved ones in tragic ways, (including Nichol's children) and they don't get the world wide attention that you are getting or seeking.  May I suggest that Mr. Goldman try counseling.  Perhaps then he could get on with his life.

October 7, 2008, 4:55 am CDT

lisa2008

First I would like to say that OJ Simpson got exactly what he deserved. He got away with killing two people and he couldn't sit down after that. He is like a child that needs constant attention and if he doesn't get it he goes into a temper tandrum. So I'm glad that he is in jail. Should he ever be released NO!!!!!. IF I see or hear about the GOLDMAN family I'm going to scream. I'm really sick of them. They need to face reality that they are not going to get the verdict of the sue they won. I wish they would dissappear. I'm sick of them. I feel sorry about the poor little girl Caylee. People we all know that her mother killed her and the parents know it to. But they are trying to protect their daughter from going to jail. This person killed her flesh and blood and she to should be locked up for the rest of her life better yet she should die the same death that her child did.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last