Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 18, 2008, 8:40 am CDT

wow...

Quote From: rima60

this is not a joke or an exageration...my father's goal in life is to make me and my mother the most miserable creatures on the planet ,he made me attempt suicide more than 5 times ,the only reason whyi stop every time is because i fear god. i' m the daughter than every father dreams about ,i'm smart and talented ,and having the best grades at school, but all i get in return is the most miserable life ever.

last summer i had 2 nervous break downs ,i'm currently suffering from a serious depression and from bulimia (i lost more than 50 ponds ) and still losing weight and my willing to live every day.

please if any of the dr phil staff is reading this please please help me ,or just tell me what to do because i can't keep on living like this.

Well if it is really that bad...then I don't see how your mother could even THINK about putting you through this! I mean, is she scared? I think you should talk it over with your mom and tell her how you really feel. And if you could, then maybe even talk to your dad. And I know it sounds horrible, but I think you and your mom really need to just get away from your dad. There is absolutely no reason for ANY father to treat his family this way!

October 18, 2008, 3:16 pm CDT

Teen Talk

My biggest problem as a teen isn't a problem I have myself,

but one I have about everyone else.

I'm currently 15 and in grade 10, and everyone seems to assume they're mature.

Drugs, sex and swearing are viewed as good things, and I'm looked to as a loser because I don't engage in any of that.

Teens today really need to look at themselves and consider what they're saying before assumptions are made. Doing something stupid and irresponsible is NOT cool. Similarily, neither is claiming 'true love' at this age.

At least I aknowledge when I'm doing something irresponsible, unlike boasting about it to gain social status.

October 18, 2008, 5:15 pm CDT

teen talk

what I'm gonna tell you is not about me is about a friend, as many teens know trying to fit with other people is not easy,well for my friend is not easy all the girls of my classroom ignore her and don't even talk to her . she is very shy and sometimes annoying she always hits me i don't know why but i think shes jealous because i have more friends than her,we always fight because she tells me I'm not talking to her anymore or i don't answer when she is asking me something.i cant stand this anymore since we were 10 years we had arguments now i am 16 and she is 14 i wish she could  be more mature but i doubt she will.tell me what i can do with her.

plz!

October 18, 2008, 6:34 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Quote From: rebeccaanne

My biggest problem as a teen isn't a problem I have myself,

but one I have about everyone else.

I'm currently 15 and in grade 10, and everyone seems to assume they're mature.

Drugs, sex and swearing are viewed as good things, and I'm looked to as a loser because I don't engage in any of that.

Teens today really need to look at themselves and consider what they're saying before assumptions are made. Doing something stupid and irresponsible is NOT cool. Similarily, neither is claiming 'true love' at this age.

At least I aknowledge when I'm doing something irresponsible, unlike boasting about it to gain social status.

I uderstand what your saying, even the 17 and 18 year olds are still trying to find the hottest boyfriend or girlfriend, and then gossip nonstop about them, and what every the closest party is coming up. And then the day before or after, everyone is gossiping about how so and so cheated, and how so and so broke up with so and so. Then you have some people talking about sex, and the current popular drug, while using swear words for almost every other word.

I really wish there was more mature people at my school, that has a brain, who can hold a conversation about something more mature than looks, sex, boyfriends and girlfriends, drugs, and the current awesome movie.

October 19, 2008, 4:47 pm CDT

very rare

Quote From: mimaindi

I uderstand what your saying, even the 17 and 18 year olds are still trying to find the hottest boyfriend or girlfriend, and then gossip nonstop about them, and what every the closest party is coming up. And then the day before or after, everyone is gossiping about how so and so cheated, and how so and so broke up with so and so. Then you have some people talking about sex, and the current popular drug, while using swear words for almost every other word.

I really wish there was more mature people at my school, that has a brain, who can hold a conversation about something more mature than looks, sex, boyfriends and girlfriends, drugs, and the current awesome movie.

I'm a married 53 yr old. I have been married for 34 yrs. I have 4 children who are all grown up. I have 6 grand children. I was very lucky in my life. I'm very happy in my life. I bellieve very much that my past decissions has affected my happiness in my life. When I was a teen, I conssiously not allowed boys to touch me. I'm a catholic & believe not to sin. My husband was the first & the only man in my life. He adores me. Everyday & all day he shows me how much he loves me. He apreciate me & respects me. Everyone can have that. I'm saying all this, just to show you all, the future of the right decissions while you are still young now. I think that you should respect yourself. You should not have sex with anyone who just want to have fun with you. Only if someone loves you for what you are. Respects you. Wants to spends his life with you. Someone who cannot live without you. Someone who wants to marry you. Even then you should not have sex with him until you do get married. Also Men wants that too. Men look for good descent girls who are not slutts & sleep around. Thats what my husband wanted. Thats what my sons looked for. I feel so sorry for teens these days because there is so much temptations around. Its hard to avoid all the bad influence that are around teens. Dont allow these bad things to influence you. Avoid them. Go to church. Listen to the words. Be aware when you are about to do the wrong thing. Its so much easier to be good. It's hard life to do the wrong things in life. Get respect. Demand respect. Respect yourself. You can be happy in your life without alcohol. You dont have to drink alcohol to be happy & enjoy yourself. In fact you will be in control & be more happy without alcohol. You will be happier in your future if you do the right things now. Dont have excuses. I didnt allow my father to affect me, he was a very bad person. He darnk & beat my mother. I helped my mother to leave him. My mother is a naive un-educated person who is so wise. She taught me a lot. I hope my words get through to you to help you be happy in your life. There was a lot of bad influences for me when I was young, but I recognised & avoided them all. My cousins tried to change me, but I didnt listen to them. Now many years later they are all unhappy & divorced. I'm still married to the same man who loves me more each day. I'm so proud of myself, I have very high self-esteem. I'm loved & respected by everyone who knows me. These days it's very rare to find good descent girls. Please wake up all & respect your body & yourself so other people will respect you back. Keep your legs closed until marriage. Make the right decissions. As soon as you have sex with someone, they leave you cold & lonely & feeling used & unhappy. That was all they wanted. They loose respect for you. Its because you didnt respect yourself when you allowed him to. You are in control. It's all up to you. There are so many unhappy teens these days. I'm hoping that my message will help you decide the right way. I wish Dr Phil advises this on his shows. He can influence teens to wake up. Teens will be so much happier if they enjoy their innocent years.

October 19, 2008, 5:06 pm CDT

get help ASAP

Quote From: kakakaley

Well if it is really that bad...then I don't see how your mother could even THINK about putting you through this! I mean, is she scared? I think you should talk it over with your mom and tell her how you really feel. And if you could, then maybe even talk to your dad. And I know it sounds horrible, but I think you and your mom really need to just get away from your dad. There is absolutely no reason for ANY father to treat his family this way!
This is very sad my poor darling! You are suffering so much. You must get help from your Aunt, uncle or from school. Your mom must be suffering too. You must help her too. Do something before its too late. Be strong & start eating now. The family need you. Dont allow anyone to make you do anything that will make you suffer. So fix it now. If you dont eat then your father wins. So wake up to yourself & do something. 

October 20, 2008, 10:40 am CDT

help!

i am 16 years old. a junior in high school...so far this school year i have managed to keep my grades up like i alwasy do EVERY year.i would say my life is okay but the thing is my parents dont really trust me to make my own decisons and they wont let me date....(even though they say they trust me) i think the real reason is my mom thinks i will make the same mistake she did when she was in college and get pregnat....im glad she doesnt want me to go down the same road she went down...but its not fair that she doesnt believe/trust me...the end of my sophmore year she said i could date my junior year and when i came to my junior year she said i had to wait until im a senior...but there's a problem...IM NOT WAITING MY SENIOR YEAR! but i have been daiting since my freshman year behind their backs...i've only got caught once out of 4 guys....an 2 of them i dated twice....and the guy that i was with before the guy im with now i dated him for 4 months....but now the guy im with now...my parents just believe he's just a friend but he means so much more than that to me....we have been together for about 3 months now and his mom even said it would be okay as long as my parents didnt care...im tired of hiding this but i know what would happen if i told them we were together an i dont want to risk our relationship....how do i convience my parents that im ready to date? 

October 20, 2008, 12:33 pm CDT

Me Too.

My name is Kelly and I am seventeen years old and a senior in high school. I have been told by a "crazy" psychologist that I have sever depression, though I have no idea when I first started being depressed. I can barely remember my childhood, and what I can remember isn't normally happy. From what I can remember, I have always tried to hide all my feelings (except happiness) from my family and friends, especially my father.

I started huring myself when I was a little kid, just little things when i relized it caused pain, though at the time I didn't relize why I liked it. I started cutting myself around my sophmore year, though I haven't recently, because I can't risk it since my parents found out. I think about cutting myself every day, along with killing myself, and how much better it would be if I was just dead.

I have trust issues, loniness, and I am quite shy. My father tried sending me to a psycologist when he found out, since he was afraid of being arrested if he did nothing. The first one my parents sent me to was a cold person who treated the person like a broken toy. After I refused to go back, they sent me to another person, and when I refused to talk to her, she told my parents that she didn't want to make me come since I didn't want to. Thankfully since then my parents have acted like nothing was ever wrong, though I do want something to make the depression stop, or at least lessen.

I've been cutting since i was in sec 1 (I'm in sec 5 now) and I've been caught 3 times.
The 1st time was in sec 2 and i just made up some random lie so i wouldn't get in trouble for it. 
Then they caught me again in sec 3 and they just told me it wasn't a normal thing to do, so i was just like ok wtv I'll stop. Which i didn't, and they caught me again in febuary of this year and they grounded me to try and make me stop?!
which i don't see as an effective method but whatever floats their boats i guess....
I still think about cutting everyday, it's always the thing on the back of my mind when I'm stressed out. And i have done a few times (like 3) since Febuary when i stopped.
My parents have also acted like nothings wrong since then, but i've also tried really hard for myself to stop.
I've talked to friends or teachers to get help.

I Know you probably don't want to, but talking to someone is a really good way of dealing with things.

October 20, 2008, 3:01 pm CDT

Not your average teen =/

Where do I begin?!? Well, first off..I am 18 and in the 10th grade because I have dropped out so much that's the highest education I could achieve. I have a three year old who is in pre-school. She is the love of my life. I currently reside with my fiance, both his parents, his 25 year old brother, his 17 year old sister, and his sister's homosexual best friend. We are crammed into this little house with only one shower, two toilets. The house is covered in unnessessary decorations that just annoy me. I am currently on Zoloft, which is an anti-depressent/anxiety prescription. I am constantly worrying about my fiance and his where-abouts and my daughter. I constantly have thoughts running through my mind. I can't slow down and it hurts. I am always thinking, and most of the time it is nothing good. I portray this upbeat, sassy girl who doesn't care..but on the inside I'm screaming for a way to get out. Girls at my school envy me and wish they were as confident as I was..but they only see and know what I am telling them. I am addicted to drama! Anytime I hear someone say something bad about a person I run back and tell them, then I watch the fire get out of control. I'm worried about how my daughter will end up, and where my life will go from here. Sometimes I just feel like quiting all together. It sucks. .... my life has gotten so bad that even if my fiance's mother buys him a gift I freak out because I feel it means that he needs her, when he should only need me. I constantly think he'll find something better.

Someone help =/

...confused =/

October 20, 2008, 3:05 pm CDT

Teen Talk

See, I really cannot stand when people try to act all innocent. Yeah right, I'm sure you have let out a swear or two. what are ya?? Jesus?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last