Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 6, 2008, 2:11 pm CST

im only 15 help me please!

i struggle with extreme anger..people say im bipolar.i always yell and scream at the ones i love.i HATE my body. i have struggled with my weight for a long time no matter what i do i cant gain  any weight! i constantly look in the mirror and just want to cut myself apart!!
im so tired of being ugly and not pretty enough. i dont know what to do i hate my life!
my franns and i are falling apart..i treat my parents like crap!

i never can be happy with myself......HELP!!!!!!!

November 6, 2008, 4:20 pm CST

I don't know what to do anymore.

Hi my name is Schyler and I am 16 years old. I'm a sophmore in highschool. I'm not your avarage teenage girl. Most girls have other girlfriends and stuff. I don't have any girlfriends, I'm only friends with guys. It wouldn't be so bad if my guy friends were actually good people, but their not. I've been friends with most of the guys I'm friends with now but we don't hang out as much as we use to. So I started hanging out with this new crowd of guys. Hanging out with them has turned me into someone I never wanted to be. I have started doing drugs, smoking, and drinking, but that's not even the worst of it. I have also started having sex in school. I've had sex in school twice so far but I have a feeling it is going to be more. I don't know how to stop what I'm doing. I have tried to stop, I really have. I need help but I'm afraid to ask my parents for help. They probably wouldn't care anyway. My mom and dad both do drugs and my dad is a drug dealer. You think this would bother me but it don't. I can get what ever kind of drug I want for free. My daddy don't care, he just thinks I'm giving it to a friend. I do give it to my friends but we share it. I don't know what to do. I need some help, I need some advice.

November 6, 2008, 6:13 pm CST

Just a thought.

Quote From: lovin_life2011

I'm a poet, and aspiring novelist living in virtually the middle of no where I love to read and I love to learn, the problem is I'm really really nerdy. I have trouble relating to people, sometimes even my friends. Even in my own family I'm the black sheep because I actually say what I'm thinking. How can I relate to them better? I feel like I'm always on the outside looking in...

Maybe you could try viewing things from others points of views first and then relate your thoughts and input as your conversation goes. A lot of the time when you just come out and say your opinion and its completely different then someone else's you can seem a little strange and peope will have trouble relating too you. But if you just kind of ease your opinion in with theres as they get to know you better, aventually you will be able too say your opinion without getting a blank stare back at you.

Well, i hope i helped. =] Good luck and God bless,

Karitos 

November 7, 2008, 7:40 am CST

Teen Talk

Hey, I'm 18 years old......As far as my life goes....it's been up and down. I've had a very ruff life, from not having a father, cause he chose drugs over me, never had a part in my life....even if I seen my real father in a store right now I would have no idea who he was....then to me going down the wrong path!! When I was younger...like in middle school I was the girl everybody loved!! I knew everybody....Then I went to high school, and thats where it all started. I started to hang out with the wrong people, ended up meeting this guy...he wasn't the perfect guy!! His black, and im white which that was something that my family didn't believe in....I hide me n his relationship for a year n a half until I got preg. I ended up giving my child up for adoption...which I regret until this day!! Well I was 15 had her when I was 16...He sold drugs n was in n out of jail...I let my family decide for me about giving my baby up for adoption...I never took the time myself n thought about what I wanted....I just kept thinking that I didn't want my family to hate me...which was a pretty bad decision, cause I wanted to keep her n now im not the same outgoing, goofy girl I used to be. Now it's been almost 2 years since I had her im getting used to the decision I made it was hard, and still is n will be everyday, but im learning to deal with it.

November 7, 2008, 7:48 am CST

Teen Talk

Hey, I'm 18 years old......As far as my life goes....it's been up and down. I've had a very ruff life, from not having a father, cause he chose drugs over me, never had a part in my life....even if I seen my real father in a store right now I would have no idea who he was....then to me going down the wrong path!! When I was younger...like in middle school I was the girl everybody loved!! I knew everybody....Then I went to high school, and thats where it all started. I started to hang out with the wrong people, ended up meeting this guy...he wasn't the perfect guy!! His black, and im white which that was something that my family didn't believe in....I hide me n his relationship for a year n a half until I got preg. I ended up giving my child up for adoption...which I regret until this day!! Well I was 15 had her when I was 16...He sold drugs n was in n out of jail...I let my family decide for me about giving my baby up for adoption...I never took the time myself n thought about what I wanted....I just kept thinking that I didn't want my family to hate me...which was a pretty bad decision, cause I wanted to keep her n now im not the same outgoing, goofy girl I used to be. Now it's been almost 2 years since I had her im getting used to the decision I made it was hard, and still is n will be everyday, but im learning to deal with it.

November 9, 2008, 1:33 pm CST

I tend to panic too much

hellooo there. My name is Chynae (pernounced shinay)and I just turned 18 this year.  ok, I have noticed for the past few years that I think negative when I'm outside in the dark. If I go outside in the dark I start to panic. I mean the miniute I'm outside alone I tend to think somneone's behind me or someone is hiding to capture me. I have a hard time taking my dogs outside to the bathroom when it's dark outside. I try to take them out before it gets dark but then by the time it's already dark, they grawl telling me that they need to go outside. I don't just not take them out, I take them out but i get very paraniod about it. once they're done doing their business, I litterly run  back inside and sometimes I will accidently slam the door.Almost everytime I go outside, I'll actually bring a knife with me to protect me.  I just hope I  don't become some sort of darkness phobia. But the thing is, if I continue doing this, then I will become a darkness phobia. I think I have that but at the same time I don't. I don't know what I should do to prevent me from becoming a phobia. I don't want to be scared of the dark and I want to be brave going outside in the dark. I often think theres no cure for that. If someone could relate to this then that person would know exactly how I feel. I don't mind talking about this. I'm pretty open about this subject. thanks for listening.

~Chynae

November 10, 2008, 12:22 am CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: nutritiongirl

hellooo there. My name is Chynae (pernounced shinay)and I just turned 18 this year.  ok, I have noticed for the past few years that I think negative when I'm outside in the dark. If I go outside in the dark I start to panic. I mean the miniute I'm outside alone I tend to think somneone's behind me or someone is hiding to capture me. I have a hard time taking my dogs outside to the bathroom when it's dark outside. I try to take them out before it gets dark but then by the time it's already dark, they grawl telling me that they need to go outside. I don't just not take them out, I take them out but i get very paraniod about it. once they're done doing their business, I litterly run  back inside and sometimes I will accidently slam the door.Almost everytime I go outside, I'll actually bring a knife with me to protect me.  I just hope I  don't become some sort of darkness phobia. But the thing is, if I continue doing this, then I will become a darkness phobia. I think I have that but at the same time I don't. I don't know what I should do to prevent me from becoming a phobia. I don't want to be scared of the dark and I want to be brave going outside in the dark. I often think theres no cure for that. If someone could relate to this then that person would know exactly how I feel. I don't mind talking about this. I'm pretty open about this subject. thanks for listening.

Chynae

OMG THAT IS SO CRAZY...I HAVE THE SAME THING!!! I JUSS TURNED 18 IN AUGUST....AT NITE IF IM ALONE I THINK SOMEBODY IS FIXIN TO BREAK IN MY HOUSE N COME IN, AND EITHER KILL ME OR KIDNAP ME!! I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYBODY ELSE HAVING IT!! WHEN I GO OUTSIDE I DO THE SAMETHING I THINK PEOPLE IS BEHIND ME OR HIDING BEHIND A TREE.  THEN WHEN IM TRYING TO GO ASLEEP IT TAKES ME LIKE 4 HOURS EVEN IF IM REAL TIRED, CAUSE MY MIIND STARTS PLAYIN WITH ME....I START TO HEAR PEOPLE TALKIN OR I THINK I SEE SHADOWS OR PEOPLE OPENING MY DOORS N I ALSO THINK I HEAR PEOPLE BANGIN ON MY WINDOWS...IT'S CRAZY I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, BUT IM GETTIN SICK OF IT!!

November 10, 2008, 3:30 pm CST

duno

Hi ,

I dono why im here writing this i guess i just feel like watching dr.phil i can see people moving on from being stuck in there personal situation into happiness, and id like to do that too. My brother suffers from muscular dystrophy since he was about ten, this casued stress on my familys relationship with eachother and particularly the relationship of my parents. My dad is working in America and so lives there. We dont c him very often so its hard to work any problems out. My parents got together young and married young as well. I think that makes them resent eachother as something that lost them their lives. I think they blame eachother for my brothers illness and they worry a lot about him. My brother doesnt go to college or have any friends since we moved 6/7yrs ago. He's 21 living at home and has no job. I have a 9year old sister as well. I am the middle child so i feel i dont get attention, and i feel bad for feeling this way. My mom is always stressed and takes a lot of her anger out on me. My dad told me he's not in love with my mom anymore and they fight all the time when he's here and even when on phone. I resent my dad a lot and our relationship is completely messed up. I think i could be angry at him for not being here. But mostly im sad that they ignore the issues we have, they say we'll get counselling but thats never going to happen. I feel so frustrated at this and it effects me in so many ways. Im quiet at home, i feel its pointless having conversations with them as it seems so fake to me and usually ends up in arguments or my mom ignoring me. We fight a lot and i often end up crying, she tells me im being a whimp and turning on the water works but she cant see the true actual pain im going through. I dont know what to do really. it effects my relationship with guys as well as my relationship with myself if that makes sense... i lately have low self esteem and feel like im just existing and am a shadow to my friends. I feel really alone and like im existing rather than living. I feel like nobody really sees or hears me or is interested in how im feeling. My friends are great but they dont know much about it or show a lot of compassion to me. I feel like im there for everyone and am a really understanding caring person but i can feel myself starting to diminish. Even my college work is being effected. I feel so blank.

i think i just need to hear a compassionate empathetic person to just hear me as i am usually the compassionate person to others. Im a totally normal regular girl but i am hurting a lot and feel a bit lost at the moment . But maybe im not alone in feeling this way.

Sarah , 18 x x x x x

November 10, 2008, 3:46 pm CST

friendly advise

Quote From: cavewoman4life

Hi my name is Schyler and I am 16 years old. I'm a sophmore in highschool. I'm not your avarage teenage girl. Most girls have other girlfriends and stuff. I don't have any girlfriends, I'm only friends with guys. It wouldn't be so bad if my guy friends were actually good people, but their not. I've been friends with most of the guys I'm friends with now but we don't hang out as much as we use to. So I started hanging out with this new crowd of guys. Hanging out with them has turned me into someone I never wanted to be. I have started doing drugs, smoking, and drinking, but that's not even the worst of it. I have also started having sex in school. I've had sex in school twice so far but I have a feeling it is going to be more. I don't know how to stop what I'm doing. I have tried to stop, I really have. I need help but I'm afraid to ask my parents for help. They probably wouldn't care anyway. My mom and dad both do drugs and my dad is a drug dealer. You think this would bother me but it don't. I can get what ever kind of drug I want for free. My daddy don't care, he just thinks I'm giving it to a friend. I do give it to my friends but we share it. I don't know what to do. I need some help, I need some advice.

Hi my name is Sarah

I think because u are here on the site seeking advise it shows u know ur in a bad sitaution. I think its sad for u that ur parents do drugs themselves and ur dads a dealer. But that doesnt mean u have to go down that road as well. I think u shud consider ur 'frends' aren't using u because u can get them drugs. It seems ur just an innocent person caught between two links, drug users and their suppliers. I do think u should consider trying to find a new group of friends. People who might have something in common with u and who actually will have ur interests at heart. You say u no urself ur friends now aren't good people. Maybe sit next to a girl in school and chat a bit. Or if its really bad consider changing schools. You have to take care of yourself in this world, especially if others arent helpful or thoughtful of u. If your parents do really bad drugs they probly arent easy to talk to?? Dont go by there examples....u are who u want to be and ur so young now ur starting to decide who your going to be. And making friends can be hard but always keep ur eyes open for opportunities, u never know when or where ul make a new frend! And if u could change schools just tell ur parents you really need the change.

November 10, 2008, 3:56 pm CST

dont worry

Quote From: fabinho

i don't what i gotta do to change me...i don't like me...i gotta acne bad breath i'm antisocial...i just feel happy at home...i feel protect...in my school i'm always alone i like school but i feel so bad there that i always go home...i'm missing school...i just wanna be happy..have pleaseare to live...i never had a girl...help me
You are you for the rest of ur life so make the most of who u are. Decide who u are. Things like acne and bad breath can be fixed. wash ur face twice a day,,,,chew gum.... but the only thing to fix the person u are inside is you. Find something you enjoy, embrace it and embrace ur talents and loves of certain things. If you are okay in urself and happy then things like girls and friends will follow after. Do something with ur image to make u more confident and strike a conversation with some one at school. Ud be suprised if u look properly to the right people who can be ur best friend and u wont be alone anymore. We're all people, every one has bad thoughts about themselves but get up in the morning, listen to an exciting song n dance out the door. Ha people cant resist a person who appreciates life

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last