Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 "Who Am I?"

Number of Replies: 288
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 02:53:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/16/08) Imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of anything or anyone. What would you do? Four years ago, that was the fate of a man who now calls himself Benjaman: Found beaten, naked and unconscious behind a Burger King in Georgia, Benjaman didn't even recognize himself in the mirror. Although he can't recall his past, what does Benjaman say he knows to be true about his life? Katherine, a nurse working at a health facility, took him in and is working tirelessly to help him discover his true identity. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. Did he determine Benjaman's true identity? Is Benjaman suffering from a severe case of amnesia? Dr. Barbara Knowlton, professor of psychology at UCLA and Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, shed light on this condition. Then, meet Holly, who not only suffers from amnesia, but is also fighting another condition that has dramatically hindered her life. Find out how she has been able to move forward. Will the advice she offers Benjaman inspire him to keep putting one foot in front of the other? Tune in to see if you recognize Benjaman.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you think you know this man?  E-mail the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 11, 2009, 12:53 pm CDT

12/31 "Who Am I?"

This man looks like Nick Masee who went missing with his wife on August 10, 1994

May 19, 2009, 3:48 pm CDT

12/31 "Who Am I?"

That guy looks nothing like Spike. But Spike still lives in Benjamin. WAKE UP SPIKE!!! Pick up a guitar and start "jammin". I remember you, even if no one believes me. Send me an email, "Benjamin".

Thanks,

poorestchump@yahoo.com

May 27, 2009, 2:41 pm CDT

Danny

Quote From: daddisgrl

Do you know if there are better pictures of his siblings? The one brother looks like he resembles "Benjaman"
Pic 1
Pic 2

Danny's eyes are brown this mans are not

dannybarter.com

May 31, 2009, 7:33 am CDT

About Spike

In my opinion, there are only 2 possible reasons that no one has claimed this guy: 1) All of his family and friends are dead. 2) All of his friends and family think he is dead or moved away.

Here's the story:
Once upon a time (13 to 20 years ago) there was a man named William Albert "Spike" Keathley. This man lived at addresses in Anderson, IN (on 43rd St., 21st St., Alhambra,...), Muncie, IN and New Castle, IN. He was a musician who could play guitar, banjo, violin, trumpet, piano, harmonica and possibly more. According to his brother, he eventually moved to Phoenix, AZ where he "died" in 1996 from smoke inhalation (that's all his brother knows about it). When I showed him the time regressed pictures from the Dr. Phil Show, he stopped acting annoyed and started acting SCARED! He said the picture looked a whole lot like Spike but he didn't want to have anything to do with it. He also has 3 sisters that I haven't communicated with.
Is it possible there was some kind of mix up? Spike never really died?
Is it possible Spike was in some sort of "suspended" state and finally just WOKE UP?
The guy (in the time regressed picture) looks JUST like Spike did 30 years ago (that's when I knew him) when he lived in Pasadena, TX (near Houston).

"Benjaman", please email me (poorestchump@yahoo.com) if you have proof that you're not Spike... or even if you have proof you are.

Spike, remember "Footprint's on the Dashboard Upside Down" or "Who's She Lovin'"? Do you remember copywriting these songs?

jb

June 8, 2009, 2:52 pm CDT

I'm Spikes sister

Quote From: poorestchump

I spoke with Spike's brother who says he died of smoke inhalation in '96 in Arizona. He said he went to the funeral. I had a friend who died of a drug overdose. He was bagged & tagged (his words). And he came back to life. I had another friend that says the same thing happened to him. Neither one of them got amnesia. But it seems to me, depending on the burial/cremation/organ donor or whatever the case, If this man "Spike" "came back to life" and just escaped, it would be something that the people responsible would not want to get out. Spike could have had amnesia since '96.

Spike had been known to drink or do drugs occasionally and considering his wandering lifestyle, he would run into many more diverse types of people in his journeys. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this person could be the supposedly deceased Spike.

Looking at the pictures of Ben there is no way that that man is Spike! Spike was my little brother and I known that we did bury him in 1996.

June 27, 2009, 12:35 am CDT

Lookalike?

Could this man be Steve Dewey who went missing on august the 3:rd in 2004, they have some charachteristics in common such as the same height (5 feet, 11 inches), the blue eyes and the mustache.

http://www.steve-dewey.com/index.html

July 24, 2009, 9:00 am CDT

Hoping for an update

The show just aired in Holland and I wanted to check for an update, but sursprise there isn't one! IThe link http://www.steve-dewey.com/index.html on this message board has me wondering, the pronounced George Bush nose seems the same?  Perhaps he could try regression therapy, it is a way of going back to the past under hypnosis and perhaps discover more information that way. Or perhaps he could try lots of different sports, hobbies, types of work or languages and test which ones he is able to do or not, that way he might discover his previous profession and search further.

July 24, 2009, 9:23 am CDT

12/31 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: weathergirl80

Could this man be Steve Dewey who went missing on august the 3:rd in 2004, they have some charachteristics in common such as the same height (5 feet, 11 inches), the blue eyes and the mustache.

http://www.steve-dewey.com/index.html

I think you are right. He does resemble Steve Dewey. Only his hair is wrong.

First | Prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next Page | Last Page