Message Boards

Topic : 05/27 What Do You Fear?

Number of Replies: 421
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 17, 2008, 02:50:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/21/2008) Whether it’s the fear of spiders or the fear of dying, fears and phobias can steal your peace of mind and even dominate your life. Meet Kathleen, a mother of three, who says her entire world is built around more than 30 fears that include driving, flying, being alone and taking medication. Her life has gotten so out of control that her two teenagers dropped out of school to take care of her, and her 9-year-old is absent so often, she may follow in their footsteps. Kathleen, who wants to stop being a prisoner to her anxieties, faces many of her fears just to get to Los Angeles to see Dr. Phil. What’s at the root of her paralyzing phobias, and can she take back her life for the sake of her family? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 7, 2009, 12:39 pm CDT

It will work out

Quote From: marathoner2

I am afraid of being laid off. I have worked in the same job,although changing and more responsibility,some more moneh- i lack a college degree.  I work with a lot of clinicians, and they dont consider you very well until they want something. Other than that you are definitily known as less of a person.  Yet, it's where i've worked for nearly 25 years. With the economy and threats of loss of job upcoming in 3 weeks, major anxiety and fear.
I just read what you wrote. I do understand where your coming from. I am also in the same sitution. I think don;t be afraid of what hasn't happen yet. You need to take control of your sitution. Take some classes at a community college. There is so much out there. If you pay for your class you can claim it on your taxes. Find out if your company offers any classes. Alot of time you don;t pay for those.As long as it relates to what your doing. Don't wait until something happens. Meaning laid off. Take control of the fear. That will make you sick. You will find out that your alot stronger then you think. Your never less of a person. You sound like a good person. 

First | Prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next Page | Last Page