Message Boards

Topic : 06/08 Mind Control?

Number of Replies: 190
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 31, 2008, 04:13:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/05/08) It’s hard to believe, but in America alone, there may be as many as 5,000 religious groups preying upon the weak and vulnerable, and all in the name of God. Dr. Phil’s guests have warnings for you and your children. Seeta says when her 18-year-old daughter joined a religious group called 1 Mind Ministries, she left home with her 7-month-old son and never returned. Soon afterward, Seeta received the horrifying news that her grandson was found dead and her daughter was being charged with murder. Learn the disturbing details of this case and why Seeta says her daughter is innocent. Then, meet Norman, a college-educated husband and father who moved his family hundreds of miles to join a religious group that came with a price he says he never expected. Norman says he was enticed to join the House of Yahweh because of his strong desire to be part of a group. The House of Yahweh is a mysterious organization out of Abilene, Texas, led by Yisrayl Hawkins, a man who some say has more than 30 wives. As Norman and his family prepared for the end of the world, as Yisrayl Hawkins preached, Norman says he eventually realized why they were selected to join the group. You won’t believe the reason he gives! Then, meet a former wife of Yisrayl Hawkins, and learn the warning signs of mind control. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 29, 2008, 6:31 pm CST

I was under Mind Control!

Dr Phil

I was a Senior Leader of The Moonies, Rev Moon's Unification Church commonly known as 'Family Federation for Unification and World Peace'. Let me tell you something about Mind Control. I experienced it but there is always some demonic force controlling it. For example, I heard Voodoo is the foundation for 'The Secret', another cult book. You never see this demonic force but it is real and if the Tasmanian Devil cartoon character means anything to you, looks something like that. These forces are real. It had a whip and was screaming at the members, 'Get back! Get back!'. Meantime, Moon was dressed in military uniform performing one of his endless spiritual ceremonies. (A dream, but nevertheless true)

You never actually SEE mind control. You experience it. Fortunately I was baptised into Christian faith by one of the ministers I was supposed to convert. Instead he converted me. The principle of Osmosis states that a stronger solution flows into a weaker solution right? The stronger solution was Jesus. The weaker solution was Moon. Once people get INTO a cult it is very difficult to get them OUT. They have a seige mentality where they think everyone is against them. They will not listen to you, their every thought is how to promote their leader's objectives. You are nothing to them. Self has gone OUT the window. THIS is mind control.

Yours truly

Carl Redmond

PS. You can contact me, I'm happy to speak out.

December 29, 2008, 7:52 pm CST

Mind Control

Hi there,

I live in Tasmania Australia and watch the Dr. Phil show when I am at home(airs here at 1pm) i was very impressed with the show on Mind Control which aired today.

I was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness.

I am now 59 years old and my husband, our daughter and myself left the religion 20 years ago.

It is a cult .They use all the tactics that all cults use to ensnare their members.

It took us a long time to leace the cult plus a long time to deprogram ourselves. I used to wake up during the night terrified that I would be destroyed at Armagedon as all those who are not JWs will be destroyed. The end as been fortold so many times. All JWs live in fear that if they dont do what the elders say that they will be destroyed along with the rest of the world. Even now something will be heard or said and all those memories coming flooding back. I wish that there was more media coverage on cults and I thank Dr Phil for bring up the issue on his show.

June 6, 2009, 9:57 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Control Doctor Mind Phil/Robin. Control Mind? What does that mean? I know that I always go to church ev-

ery Sunday. See you on June Monday 08th,2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------------

June 8, 2009, 1:53 pm CDT

Mind Control

I have not been involved in a mind control situation but my husband was at a young age.  A young college student, he was recruited to a group called Harmony Worship Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  He was a young student at Oral Roberts University and recruited to this cult by friends.  Please check out their website but keep in mind that the supposed facts are not correct: www.harmonyworshipcenterchurch.org as well as http://harmonytruth.tripod.com/.  My husband was walked into an arranged marriage within the church.  His wife gave birth to a daughter the pastors tried to take away from them by writing up their own papers and making my husband and his wife sign it and allowed them visitation by saying they needed to work on their marriage before they raised a child.  They were not allowed to talk to "people of the world."  Ultimately if their followers didn't live by the standards with in the church the pastors would beat them in front of the church. They were ritualistic beatings of their sins.  My husband was beaten...my stepdaughter was abused for not being potty trained at 12 months...claiming she had a deamon or was being abused.  My husband was told to cease all relations with his own parents and family because this church was his family.   

He did get out of the cult.  The state of Oklahoma prosecuted : http://www.oscn.net/applications/ocisweb/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=88462&db=Appellate , my husband came back home to Illinois--did counseling; went through a divorce because his wife would not leave the cult and got remarried.  PLEASE if you are reading this there are other people still in this cult, they still prey on young college students and a friend of my husbands that lives close to us now lost his wife to death because of this cult.  The state gave this cult a hand slap.  This is very much a real problem no matter your intelligence or schooling.  Please innocent children are abused and as well as young men and women.  When Dr. Phil's first guest claimed that the state wouldn't help because they needed more evidence--this is very true.  These are sick people. 

June 8, 2009, 2:28 pm CDT

06/08 Mind Control?

Quote From: kobesnana

I had to laugh when I saw the title of this show and the content. I so thought it was going to be about Obama. Do you see the blank looks in the eyes of the crowds that form around him? It is sooo scary!! Obama could definitely be a cult leader. Definitely.

A cult leader? Sure! The cult of personality. I believe this term was coined during Stalin's reign over the Soviet empire. To describe his effect on his followers.

June 8, 2009, 2:37 pm CDT

06/08 Mind Control?

Quote From: shelly_80

Hi meme22,

I decided to reply because your post really struck my interest. This is actually my 3rd or 4th attempt to reply. On my second attempt, I finished and hit "post," then I had to sign in again and as you know it cleared my entire message. So frustrated, I thought to myself "oh, just forget it" but something wouldn't let me "just forget it." Have you ever had something just tug and tug at you until you acknowledge it?

I would like to apologize for you being made to feel like an anomaly by what were supposed to be your fellow Christians. That's not what Christianity is supposed to be about. We as Christians, are supposed to encourage and guide one another. When you say you "only received conditional love back" what exactly do you mean by that? What religion were you and how do you view God now, if you don't mind me asking?

You speak of Christianity as one religion but there are many different branches so-to-speak. There's Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, Mormon, etc.

You made mention that Christianity is a cult. Well, not necessarily. There definitely are cult-like organizations in most religions but not all forms of religion are cults. Having refreshed my memory on the definition, I can see why you would think that though. I found this link and thought it to be interesting. I read it if you'd like. http://www.essortment.com/all/whatisdefiniti_rjli.htmI I am considered Quaker, which is a lot like Baptist. We believe Jesus is the Savior of the world and we focus on a one-on-one relationship with Him and Him only. We believe in the Trinity (that Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are 3 in 1), which is extremely confusing for some. I can honestly say, even I don't know how to adequately explain it. We read the Holy Bible, although, I don't recommend the King James Version, it's confusing. I prefer the NIV. I don't want to bore you too much with our doctrine, just want you to know where I come from.

I am not here to judge. My motto is judge not lest ye be judged. I used to be the most judgmental person. I thought my way was the right and only way and couldn't understand why others disagreed. It wasn't until I started reading these boards that I realized, there are so many different types of people and they all have a right to choose what they want to believe. I am a firm believer that whatever measure one uses to judge they will be judged to that measure. Matthew 7:2 The fact remains, I can't tell you to get the speck of sawdust out of your eye until I get the plank out of my own eye. Matthew 7:3-5

Anyway,  I'm sure you are wishing I would shut up.  I'm almost done.  I just wanted you to know that not all Christians speak for me, as I'm sure I don't speak for them.  If there ever came a time when you needed someone's support and encouragement you are more than welcome to email me at shellygirl80@verizon.net.  I'm sure you have family and friends you confide in but you can add me to the list, if you'd like. 

Sincerely,

Michelle

Doesn't it just burn you up after you've spent 15 minutes typing, spell-checking, and perfecting a message, only to hit "post" and have to log back in? It happens to me, too. Usually when the library is about to close and there's no time to redo my message.

June 8, 2009, 3:02 pm CDT

OBAMA a cult leader?

I saw someone's comment regarding Obama. He definitely has the sing-song lilting voice and uses the same phrases over and over during his responses to every important question he answers.  From the beginning of his campaign, I noticed his impersonal, seemingly artificial way ot looking at the crowd when he speaks publicly to a group - whether is it a stadium sized crowd or a small group. He scans the crowd from left to right and never holds the gaze of anyone. It's creepy. 

June 8, 2009, 3:09 pm CDT

Torah Keepers

I would have liked to have seen representatives of other organizations that are classified as Torah Keepers that are not cults. There are many people within the world who would consider themselves as Christians, yet keep the Jewish Feasts. These people do not act the same way as the people in House in Yahweh. I think it is really important to make a distinction.

Thanks.

Marie

June 8, 2009, 3:15 pm CDT

Old Time Religion

What happened to letting your child go to church and  not worrying about having them disapear with no knowledge of there whereabouts. My childern and myself have been going to church her locally for about 2 years. At the time I started going to this church where a friend of mine went yes I was at a low point in my life. First my childern got to where they did not want to back (and they loved church), I began to question some of there beliefs as well as my friend who has been in the church for about 8 years.  I started not to go as much as I had been and then all of  sudden my friend has quit going.  She and I have discussed the fact that this possible being a cult of some sort.  But when you have a paster to tell you either image me or find you another church to attend, I began thinking I had better get my family out before we get caught up in some type of mess.   It is a shame that religion is so contrversical.

June 8, 2009, 3:19 pm CDT

House of Yahweh

Quote From: kiki02

My husbands two uncles are in The House of Yahweh. He tried really hard to get us into the cult. I say it is a cult because I saw a little of what goes on. His uncle wanted us to go to the compound in Texas but since we refused he got really angry with us. Just by the way I was treated in the short stay at his uncles house I was really scared for the women and children in there.

I have lived very close to the House of Yahweh compound in Eula, Texas and have worked with some of the people who were in it. They were smart people and made me wonder how someone like Bill Hawkins(his real name) could make them decide to get in this mess. He has them live in trailers that are so ragged and falling down it's hard to not fall through the holes in the floor and walls.

I also worked with what I thought was his first wife but later found out that she wasn't, but he was cheating on her with whoever got him into the cult. He wouldn't allow his five children by her to have Christmas one of the years I knew her and him. He had bought his "new love" a trailer house so had no money for Christmas for the kids but told her it was because he "didn't believe in having Christmas anymore, he had found religion". He was a cop and a crooked one at that but he was in on a big case in Abilene in 1971 that involved a young girl being killed after being raped and mauled. Not saying this was in anyway what made him "get religion" but he made big headlines with this case.

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next | Last