Message Boards

Topic : 06/08 Mind Control?

Number of Replies: 190
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 31, 2008, 04:13:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/05/08) It’s hard to believe, but in America alone, there may be as many as 5,000 religious groups preying upon the weak and vulnerable, and all in the name of God. Dr. Phil’s guests have warnings for you and your children. Seeta says when her 18-year-old daughter joined a religious group called 1 Mind Ministries, she left home with her 7-month-old son and never returned. Soon afterward, Seeta received the horrifying news that her grandson was found dead and her daughter was being charged with murder. Learn the disturbing details of this case and why Seeta says her daughter is innocent. Then, meet Norman, a college-educated husband and father who moved his family hundreds of miles to join a religious group that came with a price he says he never expected. Norman says he was enticed to join the House of Yahweh because of his strong desire to be part of a group. The House of Yahweh is a mysterious organization out of Abilene, Texas, led by Yisrayl Hawkins, a man who some say has more than 30 wives. As Norman and his family prepared for the end of the world, as Yisrayl Hawkins preached, Norman says he eventually realized why they were selected to join the group. You won’t believe the reason he gives! Then, meet a former wife of Yisrayl Hawkins, and learn the warning signs of mind control. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 1, 2008, 11:06 am CDT

11/05 Mind Control?

Dr. Phil.  Just read your up-coming show on mind control - about Yehweh.  Well, this town of St. James MO (approx. 20 ago) had a Yehweh city move in just outside of town.  I can look back now and see that it was in actuality a religious cult, or maybe some people interpreted Yahweh City (as it was called then) as superstitious.  Yehweh City survived in this area for about 7 years.  At one point they had an open house, which brought people from all over the area, counties and cities.  Many of these people were sick or in wheel chairs, hoping to be cured.  You see, the man who was looked up to in Yahweh city taught that if you enter one of his buildings in Yehweh City and stand or sit under a triangular pointed ceiling that you would be cured.  That is what he taught.  This information was rumored and possibly printed in newspapers.  No, I was not a member of Yehweh City.  My mother was very curious about this city, so I took her for their open house day.  As we entered Yahweh city I did see people being pushed in their wheel chairs...hoping to be healed...under the triangular ceiling.  All we got was a tour of a couple of his buildings and promotional flyers were laying on tables.  He head of Yahweh City did not show!  Many people went home and were very disappointed that they did not get healed...or even see the big wig of Yahweh.   This supposedly religious cult decided to move to Florida and  they had an auction of their furniture, etc.  I did like a nice maple coffee table that I had seen at the open house tour so I bid $35.00 on it and won.  I still have it in my home. Can  you fancy that? 

Anyway, this is my story of a Yehweh City at the end of St. James MO, poopulation 3,000.  And good bye and good ridence to them all.

November 1, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

DoctorPhil Show.

Control Doctor Mind Phil. That is something that I never heard of. But in the mean time have a great week-

end. See you on Wednesday November 05th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Ruissell Vlaanderen.----------------------- 

November 2, 2008, 6:41 am CST

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly

The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while.
Albert Einstein

Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.
Albert Einstein

Well I can relate to this one also because I went to a church for 20 years but finally had to leave because it had turned into something like this not quite as bad at the point when I left but from what I understand is that bad now.

I put these two quotes from Albert Einstein here because I think it explains what goes on that causes these churches to evolve.

Probably if you look at the beginning of most and maybe even all of these churches they probably began with a man who had a vision for God to help people the way He help him.

The church I went to was like that we saw people kick drugs and alcohol and gang bangers become upstanding members of society.  But as people do they begin to idolize the man who they can see who brought this message of transformation to them.  Then as he realizes he has unquestioned authority over these people his humble beginnings are forgotten and his power over them is all that matters.  Anyone who questions him is branded and either comes into submission or leaves and all that is left is loyal unquestioning followers.  Anyway that’s my opinion from what I have seen.

November 2, 2008, 8:38 pm CST

Mind control & manipulation

From the time I was a young teen many, many years ago I witnessed so much hypocrisy in the church. Using the Bible and religion as a weapon used to enrage me, but over the years I gained my own spirituality and feel comfortable enough in my own faith that I no longer feel the sting from anyone trying to manipulate me with their "God" or religion. We raised our 2 children not in any church, but with respect for others and goodness in their hearts. To treat everyone equally and with honor. They are grown adults now, and have turned into amazing people on their own journey in finding their faith..religion...or whatever you choose to call it. They have never hurt others with words or actions, never been in trouble, and have always had a home that was always welcome to them. We just raised them never to attack others with religion or lack thereof, and find faith in their own way. WE have been blessed through thick and through thin in the last 33 years. Through hard times and good times...we have always remained a close family. We just never used religion in our home as a weapon or manipulation of any kind. I am sure that other families have raised their children these way as well without having the "wrath of God" reigning down upon our heads...*S*  Our faith in a higher power seems to have been a good thing in our home and family....*S*

November 3, 2008, 3:29 am CST

Cults

Being raised in the World Wide Church of God cult headqtrs., in Pasadena, CA, founded and corrupted by its leader herbert w. armstrong, I am thrilled to see that there is more and more attention and education being shared about this very private and secret way of life. Hopefully this show will help spread more awareness about the damage, long term affects, and suffering that mind-control has on its victims...its survivors. There are many reasons for mind control....these individuals seek complete and unquestionable power in order to act upon and entice other pervs. such as themselves.  More often than not, there is child abuse-both physically verbally, and sexually, spousal abuse-same as prior, financial abuse, etc. Good ole herbert molested, at least, one of his daughters for around 10 yrs. Sadly, many ordained "ministers", church leaders, male brethren, etc., not only followed suit, but over-looked, covered-up, ignored these sick trangressions. There used to be two "ministers" at a time that would come to our home, unannounced and while my father was at work.  One would occupy my mother in the living room with scripture reading and "counsel", while the other one would lead me hand in hand back to my bdrm..."to look after me", so that my mom could get the full impact and spiritual message the other one was controling her through.  This went on from about  the ages of 3-6 by the "ministers" and again when I was 8 or 10, by an employee. My mother never came back there, the door never even had to be shut.  She "knew" that I was in the "best" of hands and that I was blessed to have such a devout man of God working with me so diligently one on one. And she would never, ever even think to interrupt either man, a woman did not do that back then.  I never called out for my mom or discouraged this in any way, because, for one how young I was when it started, and two, we were taught from the onset, from the pulpit by hwa that any form of  sexual abuse was brought on by us loathesome, sinful, decietful daughters of Eve...the ultimate liar, the reason for all of the worlds sins, for the fall of man, etc. Plus, I was soooo confused, how could this man sent from God be doing this?...I was a chosen one, a special child of God, so, I was supposedly being blessed for being such a special little girl to God and His chosen servants!!!!!!!  It was always the females fault due to us seducing the males with our natural, birth biven "waunton", (sp), eyes and seductive ways that satan manifested through us.  According to hwa, a female coud easily sexually  over power even the strongest of men....Sampson and Delilah. Not only were men given an out, but they were excused, over-looked for their foul behavior. Never were the police brought in, because we were not allowed to go outside of our group. hwa taught us that there was no such thing as rape in a marriage, it was the wifes fault for not submitting, therefore, the woman needed and deserved that form of take charge force by strength in order for her to better understand her place and stay there.  It would also teach her how to better herself as a wife, a member, a satisfying bed partner, a submissive female, etc., while at the same time benefiting their marriage by showing her who was in charge at all times, of everything, and every"body".  Females were 2nd class citizens under hwas teachings.  When a female teenage member of our YOU youth group was raped  and she actually reported it to the youth director, she would recieve the same punishment, sometimes more punishment, sometimes the only punishment than her attacker. This has changed in most of the wwcg and break-off locations I believe after hwas death ...not all tho'.  The suicide rate, infant deaths, and child deaths were extemely high...go figure.  Alcoholism also dominated many members lives, esp. males, thus making for more violence and crimes. Several web-sites actually refer to those of us who grew up and somehow escaped wwcg, after years and years of abuse, "child survivors".  After three failed suicide attempts, years of on again off again drug addiction, abusive relationships, and many years of therapy, (with many still to go), I am definately proud to call myself a child survivor. I was born into this way of life  and it took over 30 yrs before I was finally strong enough to break away for the very last time...for good.  When your family is still involved, it is extremely difficult to break such a debilitating strangle hold.  Finally, after almost loosing me, not too many yrs ago, to another suicide attempt, my family made an about face and have turned into such amazing, unconditional, forgiving, caring, non-judgemental, examples to and for me.  I do not blame my folks, my dad was a high up at hdqtrs, so he and my mom were just as much, if not more, controlled than us kids were.  I love my family, but the child-rearing that goes on in such a destructive atmosphere is far from normal, acceptable, and often times far from legal, too.  I just pray that your show and this mini-novel (lol)  helps encourage those who are enslaved and explain to those who are confused, uneducated, or in denial that this does exist.

November 3, 2008, 12:21 pm CST

In America?

I can't imagine!   Who knows who will try to exercise the powers of mind control next in America the corporations, the media, the government??????

November 4, 2008, 8:39 am CST

no one can control you unless you want them to

unfortunatly in this day and time still religion is a forbiden subject which is sad it should be talked about questioned and deeply thought about. Personaly me I question religion all the time and dont care who gets angry at me for it im a free thinker and Im proud of it. I was riased in church and I dont consider myself religious at all anymore Im spiritual. I dont let anyone dictate to me how i should think or how I should act in my life or who I should or shouldnt believe in or give money to No one can control you if you dont let them its all about having a strong mind and and really listening to your inner self as well as questioning everything. I feel as people are easily controled because they want to be and the ybelieve in the things that these people are saying its not wrong to do this stuff not in the least Im sure much of the money you give does indeed go to charity....But my dad is a preacher and yes by the way hes fine with me being a free thinker, my dad doesnt drive a fancy car, or own a rolex, or for that matter any jewlery except his wedding band and he visits the sick, the shut ins, does all kinds of charity work from counciling at the jail to serving meals at ram house for the homeless, to reading to children at childrens homes and never asks for a dime himself....If these are truely men of faith and theyre doing these things in your community then wonerful :) but if not stop and really question yourself before you write that check. Is this really a good decent man who cares about others or just someone trying to get a new rolex for his collection? I in turn do charity work such as my dad and i love every minute of it:) And I dont even have a job right now. But I do it to just be  a good person because it makes you and others feel good about themselves and is a wonderful thing:) Listen to yourself and dont let others fool you into things unless you want to be.

November 4, 2008, 9:06 am CST

also

alot of times these guys who do this stuff are in it because they know how vulnerable and acceptable people are to religion. They also know how to get the better of them by seemingly brian washing people into thinking that theyre way is the only way to god. Usually these people are in it for other reasons such as well lets be honest here mostly for money, control, power, and sex, as well as pedophilia, Why so many people still to this day let this happen to them Im not sure. But I think its because its something people are hungry for. The chance to have something real or so it seems to them to grab on to, the fact that theyre not really happy with their life or think that culture in this country is going out of control. But sadly the people who start these things I think know the kind of people they want to target and sadly people answer. I say the more you strenghten your mind and yourself you wont fall for these things unless you really want to. Above all just try to be awae of these things and strengthen your mind against it so maybe these people can be shut down completely......The other thing is some of these guys actually believe it remeber the heavens gate incident? But the ones who tend to really believe it ...usually theyre not the dangerouse ones Ive found theyre really peaceful ...but mentally not right.

November 4, 2008, 9:16 am CST

I agree with your ways:)

Quote From: wolfweeps

From the time I was a young teen many, many years ago I witnessed so much hypocrisy in the church. Using the Bible and religion as a weapon used to enrage me, but over the years I gained my own spirituality and feel comfortable enough in my own faith that I no longer feel the sting from anyone trying to manipulate me with their "God" or religion. We raised our 2 children not in any church, but with respect for others and goodness in their hearts. To treat everyone equally and with honor. They are grown adults now, and have turned into amazing people on their own journey in finding their faith..religion...or whatever you choose to call it. They have never hurt others with words or actions, never been in trouble, and have always had a home that was always welcome to them. We just raised them never to attack others with religion or lack thereof, and find faith in their own way. WE have been blessed through thick and through thin in the last 33 years. Through hard times and good times...we have always remained a close family. We just never used religion in our home as a weapon or manipulation of any kind. I am sure that other families have raised their children these way as well without having the "wrath of God" reigning down upon our heads...*S*  Our faith in a higher power seems to have been a good thing in our home and family....*S*
More power to you sweetheart:) Iam about to be a mother myself and this is the way i choose to raise my son This is the way I wish more people would choose to bring up their children. Religion doest automaticly make you a good person and doesnt automaticly give you morals its how your raised and how your taught that determins the kind of person youll be in life no matter if its with religion or without religion it shouldnt matter. As long as you raise a strong loving family with good morals and good manners. Thats the important thing:)

November 5, 2008, 7:18 am CST

Mind Control - the end justifies the means

My son was in a destructive cult during his college years and have seen how mind control changes a person's thought process, physical changes, how a person will believe ANYTHING their leader says. It doesn't happen quickly - it is a slow, methodical process how they get you to admire their initial 'draw' to the group which usually has genuine caring and nurturing to their message.  It's later, once you love the message and the people, that the process to remove critical thinking from a person occurs. Once that happens, however, the leader can tell a member of the group something very bizzar, which sounds and looks bizzar to the general public, however, when critical thinking is totally removed from your brain - you will believe it.  It is usually fear-based. with a religeous twist.   But the mind can be controlled and the belief system will be owned by the charismastic leader.  I got my son out of the cult with the help of a "exit counselor" along with family and friends to reverse mind control without him knowing it.  We also saved several other members. What I learned was that even though someone leaves the cult for any reason, they are still under mind control, without realizing it, and needs to be 'exited' formally so they know what happened to them and how and to remove the hidden belief systems.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last