Message Boards

Topic : 06/08 Mind Control?

Number of Replies: 190
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 31, 2008, 04:13:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/05/08) It’s hard to believe, but in America alone, there may be as many as 5,000 religious groups preying upon the weak and vulnerable, and all in the name of God. Dr. Phil’s guests have warnings for you and your children. Seeta says when her 18-year-old daughter joined a religious group called 1 Mind Ministries, she left home with her 7-month-old son and never returned. Soon afterward, Seeta received the horrifying news that her grandson was found dead and her daughter was being charged with murder. Learn the disturbing details of this case and why Seeta says her daughter is innocent. Then, meet Norman, a college-educated husband and father who moved his family hundreds of miles to join a religious group that came with a price he says he never expected. Norman says he was enticed to join the House of Yahweh because of his strong desire to be part of a group. The House of Yahweh is a mysterious organization out of Abilene, Texas, led by Yisrayl Hawkins, a man who some say has more than 30 wives. As Norman and his family prepared for the end of the world, as Yisrayl Hawkins preached, Norman says he eventually realized why they were selected to join the group. You won’t believe the reason he gives! Then, meet a former wife of Yisrayl Hawkins, and learn the warning signs of mind control. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 8, 2009, 3:29 pm CDT

Personal involvement with a member of House of Yahweh

Several years ago, I lived in Brownwood, Texas; incidentally, I am female. A well known member of the community who was a real estate appraiser at that time hired me to help him with photographing the homes he appraised. I didn't know he was a member of the House of Yahweh in Abilene, Texas, when I began 'working' for him. This man was not a youth. I was in my late 50s at that time and he was older. I was told that I would receive a % of the $ he collected for these appraisals. I did several appraisals with him, but when it came time for me to be paid, I was not paid in the traditional manner of issuing a check for me to take to my bank, etc. If I said I needed money so I could pay bills or buy groceries, he would take me - in his vehicle, not even let me meet him wherever - to Wal-Mart and monitor the items I bought for groceries and incidentals. When I had a car payment due and asked for pay, he wrote a check to the bank for the amount of the car payment.
He was paranoid about hoarding food as when "they" (whoever 'they' are) take over our society, he would have food. He swore me to secrecy about the food. When we went out of town for an appraisal, he would make sandwiches to take along because he was not allowed to eat in a restaurant due to the possibility of being served 'contaminated' food. Supposedly, if a knife had been near a ham, then used to cut his tomato, the tomato would then be 'unclean or contaminated'.
I was at that time on a few month sabatical from driving a truck cross country. After about a month and a half of "working" for him and being treated as and told that I was a second class person - his statements of "Women are unclean." "You need a "Head" to guide you." "You need a man to handle your business." - I got tired and disgusted with his general attitude, then went back to driving to get away from him. On one occasion when he was going through his 'You need a man' pitch, he said to me, "I think I will just marry you." I told him, "That must be your ass talking, your head should know better!"
This man was considered an expert witness for the city planning zoning board in order for them to get properties appraised and condemned so that 'improvements' to the city could take place.
I have been a Christian since the age of  eight. He had no Christian qualities at all. During the time I was associated with him, I never once saw him pray, read a Bible, or have anything positive to say about any of his contacts.
I feel that the House of Yahweh is a mind controlling cult.

June 8, 2009, 4:09 pm CDT

I was in a cult too.

I had a good group of friends and they introduced me to a girl and i hung out with her and she was alot like myself so i started to spend the night there and i meet her dad. After talking with him a few times he wanted me to come to one of his "female" meeting. I figured it was ok, the family was nice enough, and i loved to meet new people. In the meeting it was me and about 10 other ladies, all older than me by about 5 to 20 years. I was 20. I front of the whole group i was brought up and he told them i was a catalyst, And to spend time with me would greatlly inhance there gifts. At the time i didn't know what a catalyst was or what it intaled but that was my begining. I did end up moving in with the family, and sleeping in the same bed as my friends Father who was refered to a Papa. As time progressed i was told clothes were optional and he wanted me with out clothes. He also started a boys group. I was told to attend but i could not wear clothes in that group. I did go to the groups and i wasn't afraid of not wearing clothes i was very free and open. After about 6 months of this is when the sex came into play and i was told i would be passed around to the men and Papa, so he could feel the men. Like i would sleep with one man then sleep with Papa and he would feel closer to the man. I began to feel very scared at that time. That's not what i wanted. I was there for friends and a free and open house where i was held very high above any of the other woman and i was in on the men as well. It felt great. about a month after being told i would have to have sex with many men i got into a relationship with a fellow member and it was going well but it back fired on me. Papa found my partner and i whatched and my partner kept me there. It was a set up and they both were in on it. I will never forget that day when they both trapped me there. I left shortlly there after to live with a friend. I tried the police but they were no help. They told me that the Cristian church could be considered and cult and i couldn't do anything. All of this happened in Sacramento. There are still more in that area. Today i'm not as open as i was when i was younger. i spent 2 years there. I can't go without clothes at all, I feel dirty.  5 yearsafter i got out of there, and the recent death of the man called Papa, it will still stay with me and i'm happy to see that there are others who have stories like mine that i can relate to but i wish no one would have to go through any of it. I'm very happy you had a show about it and bring it to life, these places are every where and will pick anyone! It has been a slow process but i'm now happy where i am, with who i am. But i will always have the scars. I can only hope to protect my children with what i know now.

June 8, 2009, 6:21 pm CDT

I lost my boys to a CRC Cult

Unbelieveable pain that I have been put through. Having two children (Boys) from a first marriage that are now the oldest married age 24,with a teaching degree, and the second owns his own home, works for his dads company and enrolled in college, age 22. I have no contact with them, this is because the CRC Church is a cult, and if you are not one of them, then you are a out cast. Right down to the Judge, and everyone that connected in the court process in the county for which our divorce took place were all CRC, Christian Reform Church Members. The boys were taught at a young age I was the devil and anyone, in my family were outcast. The boys do not have ANY contact with anyone in my family. My heart is broken, I yearn for them to touch them, see them, be a part of them, as their mother. I will take this to my grave, they are brain washed, and there is nothing I can do. If I met them tomarrow, they would not know me, nor would I know them. In fact the sad thing is, I probable would not even like my own sons because of their religion, and how they have been controled and raised by their father. If I could have anything in the world, I would just like a day to have and to hold my boys before I leave this earth. Im 45 years old, mircles do happen, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I don't think Dr. Phil could mend these fences. Tonia Cooper

June 8, 2009, 6:33 pm CDT

Yahweh, Jesus, God Whatever makes you a better person

I am a seeker/researcher of God and in the search for the truth of our bible history I found the name Yahweh was Jehovah before translation of the bible to english, then became just God. Theres absolutly nothing wrong with the name Yahweh. It is refered to as Gods sacred name where as God or god is a title. Like  table (one you sit and eat at ) or table(times table or table of contents). You have God which is good and god which is supposed to be bad or idols. Truly I have not heard Yahweh's name so much ever until I seen this eposiode today. And I think finally. But it's so sad that so much negativity  was surrounded arounded. I am a nonjudgemential christian I dont care if you believe in yeshua who is jesus (remember The Passion of Christ)? or Allah or even Budah. It's really about what makes you a better person. I went to a regular christian church that made me feel like I was in a cult. And I have a friend whos mother and father disowned her who were Jehova witnesses. So to me cults and clicks are all over the place with all types of titles and biblical identities they hide behind. But my faith thus far has led me to Yahweh not a cult but just pure plain King James Bible facts. Research your self and see. Yahweh is not the problem. Bad people of all religion who have no common since is the problem. Beware of the traps set for you and research your self before you jugde.

June 8, 2009, 9:29 pm CDT

How can these groups get away with making children have sex with adults and the government of our united states not step in!

The United States is steadily losing control on many things at this time, but this is one subject (cults)that I do not understand. There are innocent beautiful babies being taught to have sex with these old perverts. With the government knowing that this is going on, why are they not doing something about this immediately!!!! And I don't want to hear its their right to their privacy or religion either, because if a mother leaves their child alone at home under aged and something happens to them, the mother is arrested and child is taken away. Why wouldn't they step in on these situations of cults!!Why do we will let a group of people live in one area called a compound surrounded by sharp metal razor wires(like a prison) go on day after day. This has nothing to do with religion, they need to protect these children!!!!!!

June 8, 2009, 10:03 pm CDT

06/08 Mind Control?

Quote From: gatorgirl830

I saw someone's comment regarding Obama. He definitely has the sing-song lilting voice and uses the same phrases over and over during his responses to every important question he answers.  From the beginning of his campaign, I noticed his impersonal, seemingly artificial way ot looking at the crowd when he speaks publicly to a group - whether is it a stadium sized crowd or a small group. He scans the crowd from left to right and never holds the gaze of anyone. It's creepy. 
Have to agree with you!

June 9, 2009, 4:53 am CDT

Oh, come on...

Quote From: gatorgirl830

I saw someone's comment regarding Obama. He definitely has the sing-song lilting voice and uses the same phrases over and over during his responses to every important question he answers.  From the beginning of his campaign, I noticed his impersonal, seemingly artificial way ot looking at the crowd when he speaks publicly to a group - whether is it a stadium sized crowd or a small group. He scans the crowd from left to right and never holds the gaze of anyone. It's creepy. 
Talk about paranoia....so sick of hearing people and their odd ideas about President Obama...much more fuss than any other president...gee, could it be because he is our first black president?

June 9, 2009, 4:58 am CDT

06/08 Mind Control?

Quote From: jemella

If you were a christian from 16 to 45 and you never felt you were part of it why did you remain in it for so long? Why did you jump from church to church and denomination? I do not attend a church for that very reason. I attended one church and I realized that most of the congregation was not truly a christian, I guess I came to the realization sooner than you. I agree that many people who profess to be christians are really not and as far as christian leaders and ministers, we have had wolves in sheeps clothing since time began. This takes place in any organized group religious or not. As far as Christianity causing wars and death God did not create this,. humans created it. Did you ever stop to think just maybe that if we had no religion attall the world could be ten times worse??? People would have no moral compass attall and Im sure this would give license to anyone to do anything. Im sorry you feel that christians have never offerred you unconditional love or support. You say you have recieved the worst treatment, judgement, and condemnation from people calling themselves Christians. All I can say is you are talking to the wrong christians, because anyone that would judge another or show condemnation is NOT a Christian. Christianity is a way of conducting your life, not going to church, not giving money, just living your life with compassion and respect for others and their beliefs. Your last statement, "We dont need religions, we need love and acceptance" Yes religion talks about it but it is people who translate this and put it to work in their own lives. I hope you get to experience a true christian like myself who only offers compassion.

Your message is very insulting to true Christians and you sound very bitter and angry.

Wishing you peace and love

Jemella a true christian

No, I don't think that without religion, the world would be ten times worse. I think it would be much better. Religion is so devisive, and it's been the cause of every form of war, torture, and murder since time began. Religion also seems to be a tremendous source of hypocrisy. We're allowed to be angry about it. It's shoved down our throats constantly by the "good Christians" who only love you if you're exactly like them. I stopped believing in Santa Claus years ago. Enjoy your religion, if you must, but leave the rest of us alone, and stop sounding so sanctimonious.

June 9, 2009, 5:00 am CDT

06/08 Mind Control?

Quote From: jewelsf

You are not an Atheist but you do not believe in religion, because all religion is a cult. Fine, you are a non-believer, agnostic, voodoo, witch craft, white witch, whatever. Does it really matter?
Yes, it does matter...the list that you mentioned does not go together. I am an atheist, not a witch or a voodoo doctor.

June 9, 2009, 5:02 am CDT

06/08 Mind Control?

Quote From: jemella

There are religions that are cults and anyone with good sense is able to differentiate between them. You say that Christianity is a cult, I take offense to that because I consider myself to be a christian and have been all my life. There is nothing cult about it. Christianity is a way to live your life, to have morals and treat others with respect and dignity. God is love and I feel sorry for those who do not believe in anything greater than themselves. I dont know if you have faced tragedy in your life or lost a loved one, but if you have where do you turn for strength and guidance to get you through. None of us humans are that self sufficient, that we can depend totally on ourselves in all aspects of our lives.

With all the devastation in the world, dont you ever stop to think that it might be ten times worse if we did not have Christianity as a compass? Did you ever stop to think that maybe just maybe we do need religion in our lives? I believe people that do not believe in any power greater than themselves, it doesnt have to be christianity either, must have a terribly shallow view of life.

Love and light

Jemella

The typical christian response...if we don't believe like you, we MUST have a terribly shallow view of life...seems to me that the shoe is on the other foot.

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next | Last