Message Boards

Topic : 11/24 Family Cult

Number of Replies: 265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, November 20, 2008, 01:49:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil delves into a tragic story that spanned several decades, shattered lives and left one person behind bars. Fourteen children were held captive by a man who called himself The Messiah … a man who was also their father. Jeanne says she was raised in this environment, which the authorities called cult-like, and that she and her siblings were starved, beaten and had no schooling. In a tear-jerking revelation, Jeanne tells Dr. Phil that she was forced to perform unthinkable sexual acts with her own father, beginning when she was just 5 years old and ending when she was 27. Jeanne may be a victim of horrible cruelty, but her sisters, Miriam and Sarah, say they can’t forgive her for the pain she caused them. Find out why these siblings are estranged, and why Sarah says she’s nervous just sitting next to Jeanne on Dr. Phil’s stage. It’s been 20 years since Jeanne’s father was arrested, but she and her family say the effects of abuse still linger. Can these siblings ever get closure on their horrific past? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 1, 2009, 6:55 pm CDT

Whippings

Dr. Phil mentioned that one of the sisters was beaten 300 times with a whip! Surely a human could not survive this kind of punishment and would have the scars for life to show such punishment, let alone a young female dishing out this kind of punishment, a grown body builder could not whip a person 300! times.

April 6, 2009, 9:41 am CDT

Question

We my son and I he is married to one of these victims we just want to know where dorthea the mother and randall one of the sons are we have been told they are dead is this true

August 7, 2009, 2:21 pm CDT

History of Mormon Church

It is interesting when these cults go unchecked. Many people do not know the history of the Mormon Church. They went unchecked for years and years. Now they have had the opportunity to clean up there church and hide their history. Does that mean we do not call them a cult anymore. Joseph Smith had sex with fourteen year old girls, oh but only after marrying them. He had over twenty seven wives, If these children had married the leader of the cult, would we consider the marriage legitimate? None of Mormons even consider the trauma of these young girls leaving their homes and families. Many of the families back then would have considered it an honor for their daughter to marry the prophet.
What if one of these cults that we are looking at on the Dr. Phil show, went unchecked because the relocated time and time again,  and they had a chance to clean up their act and know what to be called Christian by other religions? Would that be right? Should the Mormons be accepted as Christians?

August 7, 2009, 2:33 pm CDT

Check it out

Quote From: getagrip2

Hi my story is I had a 18 yr old daughter that met a boy from Co on the internet and then we thought we watched it and did things carefully and slowly she went to Co she was of age and Never came back . The boy and her live with his famiy they live in the mountains of Co and are very isolated there is 10 people all together. and Bottom line she is not herself. She has been there for almost 3 yrs and the boys father married them. They are heavy into the Bible and have used it to turn my daughter away from all family and friends here in Ca she has no contact with anyone. Ugh !!! I wish I would have never let her go.My heart achs I have not talked to my daughter in 14 mos
Try and find out the name of the group your daughter is involved in. The area is not far from the Mormon cults. Check it out and double check. You may even want to consult with Dr. Phil. Perhaps some cameras on the scene would  be enough to bring your daughter home. Don't give up. Bother Dr. Phil until her answers your call for help. It may not be something you can do alone. A religion should not take people away from their family. The good Lord created us and put us in the families we are in for a good reason. A legitimate christian would be concerned about the welfare of your soul. It doesn't sound like your daughter has addressed you in behalf of salvation. They are isolating her. She needs you more now than ever before. She just doesn't know that, at this particular time. Hang in their Mother.

August 7, 2009, 2:37 pm CDT

Courage

Quote From: sherryswindle

Its name is child molester, call it sick for short
When it entered this world it had no remorse
It will bribe you with candy and even buy you toys.
It will put its hands over your mouth so you cant make a noise.
It will scare you, hit you, hurt you while you are gazing up above.
It will tell you if you tell our secret it will kill someone you love.
It has destroyed babies, toddlers, and many a teen.
If it happens to you its in your dreams.
It makes pain and suffering a common affair once it takes charge.
You can't run you're just there.
Now that you know me what will you do?
You will have to decide it's all up to you.
The day you choose to break the silence.
It will disappear for it can no longer be violent.
Sherry Swindle
Beautiful poem.

WOW. There is a religious leader by the name of Chuck Swindle. I hope there is no relationship here.

First | Prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next Page | Last Page