Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2008, 10:03 am CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Caylee Doctor Found Phil. I hope so. That is why that I like the the show alot. See you on Thursday Dece---

mber 18th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13, 2008, 1:18 pm CST

Have Followed This Case Since The Beginning

Living in Central Florida, I have followed this case since day 1. I do not claim to know any of the family members or the growing numbers of others involved. However, it has surprised me at how many emotions I have experienced as an outsider while following the events leading up to the present. Of course at first, it was Hope that the community clung to that the child would be found alive quickly and returned to her loving family. The Hope strangely turned to unwelcomed Suspicion as the mother's story  began to be dispelled and disproved; followed by Disbelief and then actual Anger at the mother's apparent total unwillingness and indifference in cooperating with agencies in the search for her little girl. Wanting to believe the Grandmother as she insisted that Caylee was alive as she just seemingly ignored the facts that were evolving and at the same time having the unwanted realization that the little girl was dead was so disheartening. When news broke that the child's remains have been found it was a sense of Relief that finally the little girl is no longer "lost" and no one has to wonder where she is anymore. The only question that remains is Why? I don't think we'll ever know the real answer to that.

December 13, 2008, 1:26 pm CST

CAYLEE ANTHONY CASE

Hi Dr. Phil,

I have been following the Caylee Anthony case via "Nancy Grace", and what angers me about the whole situation is how the police have ceased searching for the little girl. Cayce was giving "hints" all through out her interviews. On a recent interview I viewed, Cayce stated something to the effect that Caylee was "close to home".  Wasn't that a clue for the PD? Why did it take a utility worker to find her, when she was only 1/2 mile from home? Why didn't the PD search at least a 1 mile radius around the house? I also found that the interrogators were being too nice to Cayce, when interviewing her. I think that firmer and tougher tones could have been used in the interrogation process. They should have read her the RIOT ACT!

It's a shame. No child deserves to die like that, no matter who it is! I'm angry at how the police handled the whole situation. I also think that Cayce should not be allowed to have any books, tv, beauty products, etc, while in jail. Its a joke!  She needs to sit in her cell, be alone with her thoughts, with no distractions. Make her think about what happened and about what telling the TRUTH means!! I feel so badly for little Caylee, she was such a cute little kid. It's sad!

December 13, 2008, 6:40 pm CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

Quote From: NewCreation

Hi Dr. Phil,

I have been following the Caylee Anthony case via "Nancy Grace", and what angers me about the whole situation is how the police have ceased searching for the little girl. Cayce was giving "hints" all through out her interviews. On a recent interview I viewed, Cayce stated something to the effect that Caylee was "close to home".  Wasn't that a clue for the PD? Why did it take a utility worker to find her, when she was only 1/2 mile from home? Why didn't the PD search at least a 1 mile radius around the house? I also found that the interrogators were being too nice to Cayce, when interviewing her. I think that firmer and tougher tones could have been used in the interrogation process. They should have read her the RIOT ACT!

It's a shame. No child deserves to die like that, no matter who it is! I'm angry at how the police handled the whole situation. I also think that Cayce should not be allowed to have any books, tv, beauty products, etc, while in jail. Its a joke!  She needs to sit in her cell, be alone with her thoughts, with no distractions. Make her think about what happened and about what telling the TRUTH means!! I feel so badly for little Caylee, she was such a cute little kid. It's sad!

Apparently Casey Anthony *was* a pathological liar, yet all her friends claimed she was a "good mom." Grandma can't seem to keep a straight story, either. First, it's the car smells like death, and we haven't seen our granddaughter in a month, and we want to know what happened, then it's all about how "poor Casey" has been through the wringer with the cops.

As far as the searches went, according to one Orlando-area news report, the area in question was underwater the first time volunteer searchers tried that area (volunteers are *not* going to risk gator attacks!), and fenced off when a different team tried a couple of months later. There's nothing to say, as far as I'm aware, that the body could not have been dumped there after an initial search by police. The entire thing *is* curious, to say the least.

FWIW, my suspicion from the get-go was that the child was dead. The only question was, how well did the murderer get rid of the body? Whether Casey herself did it, knows who did, or how the facts shake out all remain to be seen.

December 13, 2008, 7:06 pm CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

I think it is a sad day in florida I too live in central florida and hoping they would find this little girl alive but know deep down inside that it was only a matter of time I know they have no proof yet that it is caylee but I felt it from the begining that something was just not right about the whole thing is the mother that much in denial that she would not help them find the body? or was she that afraid of what would happen to her that she would not tell anyone? I think the brother lee knew and knows more then he is letting on they were talking in code to each other well if it is her and I pray we hear soon for the families sake and the lies and denials can stop god be with you little caylee were ever you are Karen from florida.

December 14, 2008, 6:57 am CST

Caylee - a beautiful little angel

I have followed this case from the very beginning via Nancy Grace.  I taped her shows, not wanting to miss any news about this beautiful, precious gift from God.  The thought that her "mother" is so selfish, so conceited, so into herself that she would kill this precious child in order for her to PARTY is beyond appalling.  If these remains are Caylee, and I believe they are, at least now she can finally be put to rest. 

I feel very sorry for George.  It appears he has known or suspected the truth since day one, but has tried to support Cindy.  I firmly believe that Cindy has not been honest and has intentionally hampered the investigation - more than just the hair brush issue- as she appears to need "control".  Some of her statements were totally ignorant -- "someone put a body in the trunk at the impound"  There was NO pizza -- just an empty box and yet she harped on that forever.  I personally believe Cindy has done much more harm than good to this already horrible crime. 

Cayce pretends to care and immediately her words and body language dispell all her "good words" and show that she is only worried about herself.  She no more wanted them to find Caylee than flying to the moon.  She had to have a sedative when given the news because she knows she's been caught -- without doubt.  I hope that they decide to put the death penalty back on the table and the jury gives her the needle -- however if that doesn't happen, there is a definite pecking order in the prison and baby killers are at the top.  She will either spend her days in solitary or suffer the wrath of other prisoners.  Either way she is going to pay...with her life.

God bless and keep you in His loving arms, Caylee. 

December 14, 2008, 7:38 am CST

Little Caylee

I too have followed this story since day one on Nancy Grace. I am appalled at the unwillingness to co-operate from the TOTS MOM! I feel it iwas all a game. Obviously this girl is just a bad person. I mean she has stole from grandparents,parents and little Caylee. Why on earth would they remove the death penalty. I agree in some instances death is not the option but if these remains are little Caylee Maries they need to rethink the death penalty. She is not mentally unstable she is a habitual criminal and unfortunately it took the loss of little Caylee to bring it to light. I somewhat wonder about the mother of Casey. This Cindy. While I am a mother as well, why did she treat Casey with Kid Gloves? Why would you wash a pair of pants that smelled sooo bad? I love my daughter also but I have a maker that would say shame on me if I stood up for wrong. Sometimes we have to separate ourselves, yes be there by praying but realize that her child is not above this ungodly task. She knows her daughter more so than the dad I do believe. He at least testified and was truthful. I do believe the mother was told and it appears she let Casey run her. As for the brother Lee I believe he was smart in somewhat bowing out. How can anyone continually tell lies and exaggerate. I believe it was sure drawn out but as they say...What goes around, Comes around. There was a reason she was found at this time and the whole world was attuned. To sit on that jury would be a daunting task but if it were me...there would be no mental defense. The girl became a women when she had the baby girl  not a mother as she snowed everyone into thinking. As a loving mother we learn all too soon to help and point in the right direction not string along and try not to upset them. Had the Mother of Casey just come out and asked her what did she do with the child and somewhat instigated a response I feel with Casys  attitude she would have just yelled in tempered tone and it would have been out before now. What about the fact her mother wanted to raise little Caylee...Casey just wanted the attention. I for the love of Jesus can not believe why the parents could not see she was what she has become? I believe this was spite toward her mother and was done somewhat intentional. I mean tape around the mouth of these remains, and she should be punished accordingly. I could go on and on....but I do not fault the police or the detectives I commend them though it took so long. I often wondered if she were a little too close with her Attorney as she wanted so much a man in her life and if he knew she did this from the get go then God Help him as well putting George and Cindy and THE WORLD on this charrade....Sometimes being a good lawyer is coming clean and not being the crooks many of us feel they are. A greedy world but this was just atrocious and she needs to get the FULLEST form of justice. and not the bull she is only 22 years old if she doesnt then hey world she played us tooooo!...darline

December 14, 2008, 8:04 am CST

I feel so badly about this baby!!!

This poor child suffered so badly I can not even imagine nor do I want imagine.

She had a face of an angel as all children do of that age and that is a fact.

I hate to say this but I have Dr. Phil because it is something I have been thinking for a very long time.

I think that this child is the product of her own grandfather and that is why she is not telling who the father is because she can't because of the fear factor.

I think that she was so jealous of this child because of that. I know what it feels like to keep a secret that is so big that it is life changing. Every time I look at that child I see her grandfather in her eyes. It really scares me to think that way but I do and that is a fact.

I was being raped by my brother-law-law for nine (9) years and I never spoke about because he would tell me that if I talked he would kill my family starting with my mother and let me watch so I know what I speaking about.

What ever they do to this mother it is not good enough because she took the life of innocent child and she didn't have the right to do so.

NOW THIS CHILD WILL REST IN PEACE AND BE WITH GOD ON HIS RIGHT SIDE AS WHERE SHE SHOULD BE NOW AND FOREVER!!!

December 14, 2008, 8:11 am CST

WHAT A SAD STORY

I can't believe what happened to this precious little girl because of her grandparents. I know what your're thinking, the grandparents didn't kill her. No they didn't but what they did was to make an immature selfcentred 20 yr old keep a baby she clearly didn't want. She had a friend who was willing to take the baby when it was born but Casey's parents said NO.

Those people lived with Casey everyday and they had never met the nanny, Zanny and they didn't seem too worried about their daughter lying on a daily bacis and stealing from them as long as they could have access to Cayle. I think their selfeshness to be grandparents when they clearly knew Casey was not fit to be a mother played a part in the death of Cayle.

I had inlaws just like them. I was 16 and pregnant. My dad wanted me to give the baby up but  my boyfriend's parents wanted to be grandparents so badly that the mother of my boyfriend talked me into marrying him and keeping the baby. I did that but the marriage fell apart after 5 years.

I kept my beautiful daughter and raised her with the help of my inlaws and my dad. They helped me with alot of things. I was only 17 when I had her but I believe I was much more mature than Casey is. My dughter is now 39 and has 3 beatiful children of her own.

Her parents fed into her lies and they had to know she was a party girl. Why didn't they just adopt Cayle from the start instead of playing footsies with their daughter. I think Casey should be locked up in prison for life, she knew what she did was wrong because she did nothing to help find her and  her entire story was a joke from the start. Plus we've all seen the pictures of her doing what she wanted to do and that was to be free of her "Little Snot Head" that's what she called her. What a lovely term. The trial should be quite a show with Biaz her lawyer, trying to explain away all of Casey's lies and saying Zanny the nanny must have killed Cayle after she kidnapped her. What a bunch of BS.

God Bless you Cayle,you're an angel with him forever now. You are safe from harm.

December 14, 2008, 10:17 am CST

caylee is it really her?

in one way i hope the skeletin they found is not caylee but if it is her, i'm glad they found her.  that precious child, alive or dead, deserves to be found.  just how far has the investigation gone in reference to the grandparents?  something just strikes me weird  about their actions.  certainly something is wrong with the mother.  dont feel she is completely right.  GOD bless the innocent and b l e e p the guilty.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last