Message Boards

Topic : 08/17 Secrets in the Suburbs

Number of Replies: 21
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 12, 2005, 06:22:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original air date 04/06/05) So what's really going on inside your neighbor's home? Dan and Teresa's 17-year-old son is about to be released from treatment for molesting their two younger children. Should they allow him back into their home, and do the neighbors have a right to know? Then, Stephanie was brutally raped when she was 17 -- a secret that has been taking a toll on her marriage and family. Now she's ready to break her silence and reclaim her life. Plus, a mother who's gambled away her engagement ring, retirement fund and children's college money. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 27, 2005, 12:44 am CDT

It can get better

I molested my sister for years.  I am not proud of it, but 16 years later I have not reoffened.  I have a somewhat normal life right now.  I regularly talk to my victim who has forgiven me.  I went through 2 years of counseling plus was tormented in high school.  I am currently studying to become a police officer.  I can honestly say I will never reoffend, but I still take it one day at a time.  My parents were upset with me, even angry, but they still loved me.  I regret everyday the offences i committed against my sister and family.  What helped me is my church and family.  There is still a srain n the family with my other brothers and sisters, but they were not my victims.  Your son needs to be strong, continue with counseling, and take one day at a time.YOUR SON SHOULD NOT BE PLACED BACK IN THE HOUSE.  I was in a foster home then moved out after I graduated high school.  Good lock with this difficult time in your family's life.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next Page | Last Page