Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Ultimate Moochers

Number of Replies: 25
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 19, 2005, 03:10:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original airdate 05/16/05)  They borrow money and don't pay you back. They're unemployed and never pay rent. If you're tired of a loved one's freeloading ways, Dr. Phil has advice for stopping the handouts. Ryan, 29, says he's living the life of "a starving artist," but his sisters say he's just a moocher. He even tries to mooch off Dr. Phil! Then, Jennell says her husband has turned her into a moocher by forcing her to ask her own mother to pay their bills. Will he give up his dreams of playing poker professionally or keep gambling with his marriage? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 8, 2006, 7:10 pm CST

Any Ideas On How To Keep Them Away?

This guy keeps coming back.  I let him sleep on the couch, and am so tired of the messes and the snoring.  He drags stuff from dumpsters thinking he is doing me a favor in order to let him stay. I have thrown all of the stuff right back into the dumpster!  He leaves to visit family, but comes right back assuming he can stay.  

He is scared of snakes, should I get a pet snake?  (But I hate them too!) 

If I ask him to stay away, he gets upset, and I'm afraid he will retaliate.  Help! 

Signed,  

I'm too nice. 

January 14, 2006, 7:11 am CST

I have the same problem

Quote From: isewforyou

This guy keeps coming back.  I let him sleep on the couch, and am so tired of the messes and the snoring.  He drags stuff from dumpsters thinking he is doing me a favor in order to let him stay. I have thrown all of the stuff right back into the dumpster!  He leaves to visit family, but comes right back assuming he can stay.  

If I ask him to stay away, he gets upset, and I'm afraid he will retaliate.  Help! 

Signed,  

I'm too nice. 

This is incredible! I have the same problem. We could be writing about the same guy! Mine is my exhusband! Now keep in mind we have been divorced for over 15 years and he financially has no hold on me (we don't own property together etc.). The only thing we really have the same interest in is our 18 year old son.  

His house burnt down almost three years ago. He was left with nothing except the clothes on his back and his dog and cat. The original deal was to allow him to stay here until he could get another apartment (maybe 6 weeks or so tops).  

He stays drunk a lot, works when he feels like it. Always picks fights with our son (mysteriously these fights always happen after I go to bed).  The cops have been here many, many times over the past three years. Life with him around is constant drama.  Of course he never pays rent or entertains the thought of cleaning or buying groceries.  He drags stuff out of the dumpster and brings it home. I generally just lug it back to the dumpster. Forget about alcohol! He consumes it like water! 

We finally managed to throw he and his stuff out about three months ago. I boxed everything up myself and dropped it off at a house where he was renovating. He left town and got a job about 70 miles away. You could feel the peace that fell over this house.  

He came back to town for Christmas and said he would be going home the day after Christmas. Every day he says is his last day in town. Then he stayed for New Years.  It is almost MLK day he he is still here.  

When we ask him to stay away he gets mad but then forgets all about it. Experience has taught me that the best way to get rid of him is to just call the cops and make a scene. I am gearing up to do that again now.  

But my question is "how can I do this and make it the last time?" We don't want to come home and find this guy on our door step again and again. I am tired of constantly having to fend this character off! 

I agree with your statement about fear of retaliation.  

March 29, 2006, 4:39 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Dear Doctor Phil. I think that being Mate Moocher Ulti is no good at all because one they are lazy tw 

o wierd three never could get anything done and finaly four tha that may stay for the show.  I am not 

like that at all. Or somewhat like that. I just hop it will teach everone a lesson,  Well I had better clo- 

se now. Sincerley Your. Russell

May 14, 2007, 8:18 am CDT

08/22 Ultimate Moochers

Quote From: isewforyou

Signed,  

I'm too nice. 

Ok, I think I got rid of him now, he is at the point where he doesn't like visiting me, I make it pure misery for him!  Works for me!

May 14, 2007, 8:28 am CDT

08/22 Ultimate Moochers

Quote From: siamese

This is incredible! I have the same problem. We could be writing about the same guy! Mine is my exhusband! Now keep in mind we have been divorced for over 15 years and he financially has no hold on me (we don't own property together etc.). The only thing we really have the same interest in is our 18 year old son.  

His house burnt down almost three years ago. He was left with nothing except the clothes on his back and his dog and cat. The original deal was to allow him to stay here until he could get another apartment (maybe 6 weeks or so tops).  

He stays drunk a lot, works when he feels like it. Always picks fights with our son (mysteriously these fights always happen after I go to bed).  The cops have been here many, many times over the past three years. Life with him around is constant drama.  Of course he never pays rent or entertains the thought of cleaning or buying groceries.  He drags stuff out of the dumpster and brings it home. I generally just lug it back to the dumpster. Forget about alcohol! He consumes it like water! 

We finally managed to throw he and his stuff out about three months ago. I boxed everything up myself and dropped it off at a house where he was renovating. He left town and got a job about 70 miles away. You could feel the peace that fell over this house.  

He came back to town for Christmas and said he would be going home the day after Christmas. Every day he says is his last day in town. Then he stayed for New Years.  It is almost MLK day he he is still here.  

When we ask him to stay away he gets mad but then forgets all about it. Experience has taught me that the best way to get rid of him is to just call the cops and make a scene. I am gearing up to do that again now.  

But my question is "how can I do this and make it the last time?" We don't want to come home and find this guy on our door step again and again. I am tired of constantly having to fend this character off! 

I agree with your statement about fear of retaliation.  

Oh my goodness! That was almost funny to read for me, sounds just like this jerk!  I think we should feel insulted that a man would think us worthy of only trash from the dumpster!!!! Ugh, like he's doing me a big favor. Yep, take it right back where it came from-the dump.

I also gave away a motorcyle he dragged to my back yard, (a piece of non-running junk) and some other broke down junk. The man I gave it to, fixed it and was driving it all over the place. Ha!

Well, to be rid of him for good, just as soon as you see him at your door, you can warn him ONCE and I mean ONCE that you will call 911, then do it because you know it's gonna take more than one warning, but if you call after the first warning he will know you mean business. By asking him more than one time, he KNOWS he has time for about 15 more times of you asking him to leave, that's why they keep sitting around.   You should have seen this man move quick!  Had the phone in my hand and ready to go, and make sure he knows you are only giving him one warning only.

Bad mistake letting them in just for a "little bit" - that never works. As soon as they get their foot in the door, it's over. Don't let him in even to just take a pee!

Go inside, lock your doors, and turn the stereo up loud, it will help you alot! Outta site, outta mind.

This guy stands at my back door rattling off at the mouth. So I turn up the music and go in the other room, like the kitchen and do dishes, something to keep my mind busy.

Good luck my friend!

Brenda

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next Page | Last Page